kdog

10/20 Vikings at Lions 1PM

I’m starting a Giants thread.  Maybe we can get some new arguments going.   

17 hours ago, NYLion said:

I said I'll eat my words if Quinn picks up a running back with that "very low 5th" and you came back with "The Eagles picked up Ajayi with a 4th and won the superbowl" so I'd say that my response was appropriate just in case you didn't understand that a 5th is not a 4th.  The More You Know....

The grown ups are trying to have a conversation here. Take your childish arguments to the Mlive forums. 

22 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

The grown ups are trying to have a conversation here. Take your childish arguments to the Mlive forums. 

37 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Hey man, you're the one who started with the childish remarks... 

“Ackshually...”

No, really, that’s a great argument. Wait here while I go tell all my friends, then you can elaborate some more on the differences between the fourth and fifth round. " (Real "adult" there)

so I responded in kind. No need to get your knickers in a knot. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I was thinking the same thing about Slay's play and contract demands.

He played fantastic against Arizona. 

He was chewed up on crossing routes by Keenan Allen but avenged himself to make the game winning play.  

He’s been injured every game since.  

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

He played fantastic against Arizona. 

He was chewed up on crossing routes by Keenan Allen but avenged himself to make the game winning play.  

He’s been injured every game since.  

I actually think he did a good job against Allen. Rivers only had a 50% completion percentage to Allen and he kept Allen under 100 yards and didn't allow a big play. Allen is going to get his. I still feel Slay is regressing and not going to warrant the contract he will demand.

If the Lions lose on Sunday,  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Slay traded on Tuesday.  

I’m not entirely sure how I feel about the diggs trade. I guess I would want to know more about the cap ramifications of trading him. 

One argument I have seen/heard a lot is that it makes no sense because they just recently signed or extended him, so why trade him for a 5th round pick so soon after doing that. I understand that perspective to a certain extent, but I also can’t help but think it’s an example of the sunk cost fallacy. To me, it shouldn’t matter that the lions recently signed him when evaluating the present trade. The question to me should be whether or not they still would want him at his present contract. Or, more accurately, would they rather have diggs and his contract today or a fifth round draft pick? By all accounts he hasn’t been good this year. Would people be in support of trading a fifth round pick for him and his contract if he were on a different team?

The captain thing doesn’t really move the needle for me. 

30 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I’m not entirely sure how I feel about the diggs trade. I guess I would want to know more about the cap ramifications of trading him. 

One argument I have seen/heard a lot is that it makes no sense because they just recently signed or extended him, so why trade him for a 5th round pick so soon after doing that. I understand that perspective to a certain extent, but I also can’t help but think it’s an example of the sunk cost fallacy. To me, it shouldn’t matter that the lions recently signed him when evaluating the present trade. The question to me should be whether or not they still would want him at his present contract. Or, more accurately, would they rather have diggs and his contract today or a fifth round draft pick? By all accounts he hasn’t been good this year. Would people be in support of trading a fifth round pick for him and his contract if he were on a different team?

The captain thing doesn’t really move the needle for me. 

I would be in support of trading a 5th rounder for Diggs but not much more. Snacks was traded for a 5th and he was an elite player at his position playing at an elite level. What also needs to be considered is that the Lions developed two young safeties after signing Diggs.