kdog

10/20 Vikings at Lions 1PM

Just now, Hongbit said:

You sure about that?   PFF has him rated very highly this season and he was one of the highest rated defensive players in the postseason last year.   

He's finally having a good season a couple year after leaving Detroit. On the whole, he's been average at best.

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Van Noy has graded below average since going to New England.

Speaking of homer attitudes, I'm not the one acting like Diggs was actually good this year.

This is completely false. Van Noy has an elite PFF ranking. The eye test matches that too.

You're reaching real hard to justify letting him go.

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

This is completely false. Van Noy has an elite PFF ranking. The eye test matches that too.

You're reaching real hard to justify letting him go.

I acknowledged he is having a good season this year. Prior, he was average at best but mostly below average.

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I acknowledged he is having a good season this year. Prior, he was average at best but mostly below average.

Ok because the post I quoted said that graded below average since going to New England.

Anyway, it's over and done with. The Lions screwed up the Van Noy situation but it's in the past now.

Just now, NYLion said:

Ok because the post I quoted said that graded below average since going to New England.

Anyway, it's over and done with. The Lions screwed up the Van Noy situation but it's in the past now.

You should quote the one where I said he is having a good season. Not sure I consider an injury plagued LB, while with Detroit, is finally having a good season nearly 3 years removed from being traded as screwed up especially when most fans were calling for his head because he was so awful. On the flip side, a lot of people here wanted to burn this thing to the ground and then get upset about losing an underperforming safety when the replacement is currently on the roster.

I wonder what will come first, a Lions Super Bowl or MB admitting that he was wrong about something.    

My money is on the Leos 

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

I wonder what will come first, a Lions Super Bowl or MB admitting that he was wrong about something.    

My money is on the Leos 

Are you saying Van Noy was not below average before this season?

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You should quote the one where I said he is having a good season. Not sure I consider an injury plagued LB, while with Detroit, is finally having a good season nearly 3 years removed from being traded as screwed up especially when most fans were calling for his head because he was so awful. On the flip side, a lot of people here wanted to burn this thing to the ground and then get upset about losing an underperforming safety when the replacement is currently on the roster.

On the contrary, you make excuses for just about every move the Lions make even when it's an obvious bad one. If you're going to get on people for being too hard on the Lions (and gee I wonder what they've done in the last however many decades to earn that) then don't be surprised if you catch some heat for being an apologist. Both sides of the spectrum post with clear bias.

FTR, I don't think the Diggs trade is that egregious but I'm still failing to understand the timing of it all considering how paltry the return was.

12 minutes ago, NYLion said:

On the contrary, you make excuses for just about every move the Lions make even when it's an obvious bad one. If you're going to get on people for being too hard on the Lions (and gee I wonder what they've done in the last however many decades to earn that) then don't be surprised if you catch some heat for being an apologist. Both sides of the spectrum post with clear bias.

FTR, I don't think the Diggs trade is that egregious but I'm still failing to understand the timing of it all considering how paltry the return was.

What, obvious bad one, did I make excuses for? I guarantee everyone here wanted to see Van Noy gone. After a year and half of being average to below average, he's finally playing well for 7 games. Not that upset about that one. Meanwhile, I've said on here that Trey Flowers has been a disaster so far. I'm not sure what people expect in return for a safety who is injured, currently playing below average, and committed to a fairly sizeable contract. The timing makes sense because if he keeps playing the way he is playing, they wouldn't be able to trade him in the offseason.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What, obvious bad one, did I make excuses for? I guarantee everyone here wanted to see Van Noy gone. After a year and half of being average to below average, he's finally playing well for 7 games. Not that upset about that one. Meanwhile, I've said on here that Trey Flowers has been a disaster so far. I'm not sure what people expect in return for a safety who is injured, currently playing below average, and committed to a fairly sizeable contract. The timing makes sense because if he keeps playing the way he is playing, they wouldn't be able to trade him in the offseason.

The trade return is basically nothing and this is a player (still right in the prime of his career) who has never played this poorly in his NFL career. Pretty much everybody has played poorly defensively especially in the last several games so might as well trade all of them too. That's a lame excuse for dumping a player who has been a key part of the defense for several years for pennies.

As for Van Noy this year has anybody looked at the garbage teams and QBs NE has played thus far?  Their defense has looked great but my God you couldn't ask for a more pathetic group of teams to have played.   Let's see how he and that d look once they play some legit QBs and teams. 

6 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The trade return is basically nothing and this is a player (still right in the prime of his career) who has never played this poorly in his NFL career. Pretty much everybody has played poorly defensively especially in the last several games so might as well trade all of them too. That's a lame excuse for dumping a player who has been a key part of the defense for several years for pennies.

The players on defense who have not played poorly, are the safeties other than Diggs. Since they signed Diggs, Walker emerged as a starting safety and they drafted Harris. I'm not sure what return is expected for a banged up safety that is underperforming. To be fair, Diggs has played poorly in his career. That's why he's a safety and not a cornerback.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

The players on defense who have not played poorly, are the safeties. Since they signed Diggs, Walker emerged as a starting safety and they drafted Harris. I'm not sure what return is expected for a banged up safety that is underperforming. To be fair, Diggs has played poorly in his career. That's why he's a safety and not a cornerback.

Walker I get, he's in his 2nd year and was primed for a breakout. Harris is still very green and I'm assuming that the team still has playoff aspirations so what's the rush in throwing a rookie into that role right now? Harris was playing so well that they had to make room for him right now?

Anyway, I'm over it, honestly, and we're going in circles with this debate so we'll just wait and see how it plays out. I do think that Diggs is a better fit in Seattle's attacking defense so he should do well there and they got him for a nothing pick.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Walker I get, he's in his 2nd year and was primed for a breakout. Harris is still very green and I'm assuming that the team still has playoff aspirations so what's the rush in throwing a rookie into that role right now? Harris was playing so well that they had to make room for him right now?

Anyway, I'm over it, honestly, and we're going in circles with this debate so we'll just wait and see how it plays out. I do think that Diggs is a better fit in Seattle's attacking defense so he should do well there and they got him for a nothing pick.

I'm guessing Tavon Wilson, whose also played better than Diggs, gets more snaps. They literally have at least three safeties on the roster who have played better than Diggs. Diggs was about the worst safety on the roster and he was injured to boot.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Same with the Golden Tate giveaway last season.  I know he was going to be a free agent anyway but talk about the team throwing in the towel...they lost 6 straight after giving him away. Typical for the Lions though, why bother even trying when losing is SO much easier? 😆

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm guessing Tavon Wilson, whose also played better than Diggs, gets more snaps. They literally have at least three safeties on the roster who have played better than Diggs. Diggs was about the worst safety on the roster and he was injured to boot.

Van Noy was the best LB the Lions had at the time. Golden Tate was the best receiver they had at the time. And Diggs was the best safety they had at the time. All given away for nothing...zippo...nada.

Meanwhile, after reading this? Here is the Lion defenders;

20191023_172432.thumb.jpg.1de7672974ee36a7c8e2818d1dbf1d5d.jpg

57 minutes ago, NYLion said:

But it's so much fun trolling MB and listen him try and defend every single mistake the Lions make. All he has to do is admit the Lions stink. Because...they DO.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

They got a third for Tate, which is pretty good return for half a season.

And promptly lost 6 in a row because we were short on receivers. But a 3rd round pick? Cool, who did we get?

i dont have a problem trading diggs.  i have more of a problem giving him that big contract and then trading him.  what happened in between?  if he was that valuable at the time, why is he expendable for only a 5th now?

also more concerned with giving harrison so much guaranteed money and then seeing him drop off immediately as well as the mike daniels contract and the trey flowers contract.  not good looks for quinn.

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i dont have a problem trading diggs.  i have more of a problem giving him that big contract and then trading him.  what happened in between?  if he was that valuable at the time, why is he expendable for only a 5th now?

also more concerned with giving harrison so much guaranteed money and then seeing him drop off immediately as well as the mike daniels contract and the trey flowers contract.  not good looks for quinn.

This is the 2nd year since he signed the extension. In that time, Walker emerged as a starting safety, they drafted Harris, and Diggs play has declined. 

Mike Daniels was a wild card. They weren't looking to add another DT and they had the cap space to gamble on him. 

Trey Flowers so far is a disaster. They invested a lot on a guy that doesn't generate sacks.

Not worried about Snacks. He's an elite run defender who was coming off an elite season. 

This entire defense is a dumpster fire.  Who cares if any piece of that trash is thrown out or left in there to burn?  It doesn’t matter.