Jump to content

kdog

10/20 Vikings at Lions 1PM

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think I've been pretty clear it's a lack of talent in this game. Patricia can only play the players he's given. They've held hall of fame caliber QBs below their career and season averages and after one game it's suddenly time to clean house. 

One game? Let's take a look. We blew a 17 point lead to a rookie QB playing in his first NFL game. We beat a California team by picking them off as they were going in for the winning TD. A little more patience by San Diego and they win. Then we beat a depleted by injury Philly team. And then we lose in Green Bay by having to kick field goals in the red zone, over and over. Now we get blown away, at home, by a division rival. A game we pretty much had to win. Oh well, maybe next year? And it's not coaching. It's lack of talent. Didn't our coach see we were untalented? Why didn't he cut players who can't tackle? Other teams don't let p lb Ayers blow games over and over.  Patricia isn't qualified to be an NFL head coach.

No, it's not "one game". It's every single 2019 season game. Fire him and move on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

No, it makes you look even more like the inept franchise you are trying hard not to be. 

They could actually look more inept?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

They could actually look more inept?

Look at Cincinnati. Look at Washington. Look at Miami. Look even at Cleveland. These are all inept franchises.

Since WCF died, and Quinn came in, the franchise has improved. They are no longer inept. They are merely average, but still get treated by the refs with the lack of respect that they earned from decades of being inept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Making knee jerk decisions after one loss seems like a great way to run a franchise. 

Knee Jerk??? LOL, They've been crap for years! Let's keep him for 8 years. like Millen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Lions schedule only gets easier. They will rattle off some wins. Probably finish with 8 or 9. Not enough to make the playoffs. 

So the Lions are the new Pistons. Sweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

One game? Let's take a look. We blew a 17 point lead to a rookie QB playing in his first NFL game. We beat a California team by picking them off as they were going in for the winning TD. A little more patience by San Diego and they win. Then we beat a depleted by injury Philly team. And then we lose in Green Bay by having to kick field goals in the red zone, over and over. Now we get blown away, at home, by a division rival. A game we pretty much had to win. Oh well, maybe next year? And it's not coaching. It's lack of talent. Didn't our coach see we were untalented? Why didn't he cut players who can't tackle? Other teams don't let p lb Ayers blow games over and over.  Patricia isn't qualified to be an NFL head coach.

No, it's not "one game". It's every single 2019 season game. Fire him and move on.

Post of the day!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

One game? Let's take a look. We blew a 17 point lead to a rookie QB playing in his first NFL game. We beat a California team by picking them off as they were going in for the winning TD. A little more patience by San Diego and they win. Then we beat a depleted by injury Philly team. And then we lose in Green Bay by having to kick field goals in the red zone, over and over. Now we get blown away, at home, by a division rival. A game we pretty much had to win. Oh well, maybe next year? And it's not coaching. It's lack of talent. Didn't our coach see we were untalented? Why didn't he cut players who can't tackle? Other teams don't let p lb Ayers blow games over and over.  Patricia isn't qualified to be an NFL head coach.

No, it's not "one game". It's every single 2019 season game. Fire him and move on.

This post is dripping with truth but it's too early to fire anybody.

I also think Patricia is in over his head but he's working with a talent deficiency on defense in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NYLion said:

This post is dripping with truth but it's too early to fire anybody.

I also think Patricia is in over his head but he's working with a talent deficiency on defense in particular.

I agree. Being a bit sarcastic. The Dl has improved in talent. Patricia was Quinn's choice, bone head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

How much more obvious can a pass interference be?

From what I have read, it is not a pass interference since you can go through a defender going for the ball as long as it is not helmet to helmet. In that case, it's a good no call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it makes anyone feel better, Trubisky is still awful and the Bears traded up and passed on Mahomes and Watson to get him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

If it makes anyone feel better, Trubisky is still awful and the Bears traded up and passed on Mahomes and Watson to get him. 

it does make me feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on the bright side, the lions' schedule is about to get a lot easier.

if they win the five games they have against terrible teams (giants, bucs, redskins, broncos, raiders) they can get right back in it.

but we all know they wont because were all lions fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason_R said:

Look at Cincinnati. Look at Washington. Look at Miami. Look even at Cleveland. These are all inept franchises.

Since WCF died, and Quinn came in, the franchise has improved. They are no longer inept. They are merely average, but still get treated by the refs with the lack of respect that they earned from decades of being inept. 

I agree. But looking at the teams you mentioned? They've all been in Super Bowl with a few of them having multiple appearances.  Well, except Cleveland. But even they have won an NFL Championship more recently than the Lions. We're just a cheap late night talk show joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sports_Freak said:

I agree. But looking at the teams you mentioned? They've all been in Super Bowl with a few of them having multiple appearances.  Well, except Cleveland. But even they have won an NFL Championship more recently than the Lions. We're just a cheap late night talk show joke.

Well, only one way to go from here, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Well, only one way to go from here, I suppose.

We could go down even further.

You know, I wouldn't blame Matthew Stafford one bit if he just walks away after this season. He has to have enough money and after his wifes health scare, I could see him wanting to be with her and his children. Think where the Lions would be if he did quit...right before training camp. 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

on the bright side, the lions' schedule is about to get a lot easier.

if they win the five games they have against terrible teams (giants, bucs, redskins, broncos, raiders) they can get right back in it.

but we all know they wont because were all lions fans.

Wins vs those teams put them at 7-8-1. How does that "get right back in it"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could never, ever fault any player from walking away.

It takes a commitment to relatively few can truly fathom to get into the kind of shape they need to be in to perform and take the physical punishment these players take weekly.

To say nothing of the too often poor to very poor quality of life from age 40 onwards.

Besides, it's their life.  They are free to do what they want with it.  They don't owe us anything as it pertains to their life or career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only positive is I wont be stressed out watching the rest of the season.  Already in meh territory. Ill spend my Sundays watching my kids play hocky and golfing on whatever days we have left.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jb84 said:

Wins vs those teams put them at 7-8-1. How does that "get right back in it"?

Chicago is looking pretty terrible so that could be two wins there. That gets them to 9 wins and just have to beat one of Dallas, Green Bay, or Minnesota to get to 10 wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...