kdog

10/20 Vikings at Lions 1PM

Just now, Buddha said:

can we end the talk about this defense?

talent or scheme?  who cares?  theyre not good enough.

how much money for trey flowers?  can we please please please find someone who can rush the damn passer?  please?

of course, we signed trey flowers, so no we cant.

This is the real issue. Trey Flowers looks like a disaster. 

1 minute ago, jb84 said:

why wait till next season? fire quinn now

What exactly does it do to fire a GM midway through a season? 

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

Hey - let's get a bunch of players the Patriots don't want to keep or pay and think we'll be the new Patriots. 

Meanwhile, Amendola had a good game and Coleman has been a good pickup. The only former Patriot who has been a disappointment has been Flowers. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

This is the real issue. Trey Flowers looks like a disaster. 

They paid him like a Hall Of Famer,  He's a little above average and counting his money now.   That's what the Lions are for - cashing in and calling it a day.  

They are like Michigan to me now - I want them to lose every game for abusing me as a fan.  

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Of course. Good talent makes coaches look better. 

So our genius head coach has had 2 years to teach terrible players how to tackle. Or 2 years to bring in players who are able to learn. How many years should all of that take? A 5 year plan? Or.....never?

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

They paid him like a Hall Of Famer,  He's a little above average and counting his money now.   That's what the Lions are for - cashing in and calling it a day.  

They are like Michigan to me now - I want them to lose every game for abusing me as a fan.  

Flowers was one of the best pass rushers in the league. A lot of fans here wanted the Lions to sign up. It was still risky signing a guy who is not a big sack generator. 

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

So our genius head coach has had 2 years to teach terrible players how to tackle. Or 2 years to bring in players who are able to learn. How many years should all of that take? A 5 year plan? Or.....never?

The head coach is signing and/or drafting the players. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What exactly does it do to fire a GM midway through a season? 

It sends a signal to the world that losing is unacceptable.  But of course, this is the Lions, where losing IS acceptable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

The head coach is signing and/or drafting the players. 

Teaching them how to tackle? Basic football.

It sends a signal to the world that losing is unacceptable.  But of course, this is the Lions, where losing IS acceptable. 

Making knee jerk decisions after one loss seems like a great way to run a franchise. 

Teaching them how to tackle? Basic football.

They know how to tackle. It takes talent. I know how to tackle.Doesn't mean I would be able to tackle Dalvin Cook. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

They know how to tackle. It takes talent. I know how to tackle.Doesn't mean I would be able to tackle Dalvin Cook. 

So which is it? A lack of talent or poor coaching? It seems like in the time he has had, and his genius scheming, Patricia would have already determined which players aren't capable of playing in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Making knee jerk decisions after one loss seems like a great way to run a franchise. 

1 loss? I wish. Try 3 losses and a tie. And the 2 wins are highly suspect. One team with major injuries and another team beating themselves going in for the winning TD.

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

So which is it? A lack of talent or poor coaching? It seems like in the time he has had, and his genius scheming, Patricia would have already determined which players aren't capable of playing in the NFL.

I think I've been pretty clear it's a lack of talent in this game. Patricia can only play the players he's given. They've held hall of fame caliber QBs below their career and season averages and after one game it's suddenly time to clean house. 

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Flowers was one of the best pass rushers in the league. A lot of fans here wanted the Lions to sign up. It was still risky signing a guy who is not a big sack generator. 

i think flowers was pretty similar in new england, lots of pressures but little sacks.  ****, pff graded him really well this year i think.  i think we see this year that pff grades dlinemen differently than you or i do.

but i could be wrong, i didnt watch a ton of pats games last year.

20 minutes ago, Kamakzie said:

I haven't either but I still stand by my post. There is some kind of an omen with the Ford name and the Lions. They just can't be successful together.

Witchcraft is afoot!

The Lions schedule only gets easier. They will rattle off some wins. Probably finish with 8 or 9. Not enough to make the playoffs. 

24 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It sends a signal to the world that losing is unacceptable.  

No, it makes you look even more like the inept franchise you are trying hard not to be. 

Why didnt the Lions challenge for pass interference on the 4th and 2?

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

Why didnt the Lions challenge for pass interference on the 4th and 2?

I was thinking the same thing. It looked obvious but none of these get overturned so it probably wasn't worth it. Need the timeout for later.