Jump to content

kdog

10/20 Vikings at Lions 1PM

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Didn't seem to be a coaching issue. So many times the back was stopped in the backfield. Just a talent deficiency. 

That’s scheme.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, with that last INT the game is over and now likely the season. I can't see any scenario where we win the division and very few where we climb out of a 2-3-1 hole and make the playoffs.

Time to start evaluating new front office executives if you're Rod Wood and Martha Ford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

That’s scheme.   

Yes it is scheme. The Lions had him stopped in the backfield numerous times and just couldn't make the play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where the train runs off the tracks.

 

Went from being on the verge of 3-1-1 and will now end p 6-9-1 or 5-10-1 and this dumb**** organization will bring everyone back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our defensive genius head coach creates a game plan that gives up 42 points. When is enough, enough? Find a qualified head coach that can put our players in the best position to win. Patricia looks clueless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Our defensive genius head coach creates a game plan that gives up 42 points. When is enough, enough? Find a qualified head coach that can put our players in the best position to win. Patricia looks clueless. 

Again, Cook was stopped in the backfield numerous times. It's not the coaching. Minnesota was simply better. That last TD by Cook he was stopped at least a yard behind the line of scrimmage and they couldn't bring him down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This is where the train runs off the tracks.

 

Went from being on the verge of 3-1-1 and will now end p 6-9-1 or 5-10-1 and this dumb**** organization will bring everyone back. 

Injuries and referees. Locker room interviews. Billboards. What other excuses can we find? We had to play a couple of teams that didn't have multiple injuries and our flaws became apparent. The Detroit Lions just aren't a very good team. Second rate players, horribly coached and a terrible front office. It's been that way since the 1950's. Why would anyone be surprised?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was an abysmal defensive performance. They have real talent and scheme issues in the front 7. If they don't get turnovers, opponents will score at will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Again, Cook was stopped in the backfield numerous times. It's not the coaching. Minnesota was simply better. That last TD by Cook he was stopped at least a yard behind the line of scrimmage and they couldn't bring him down. 

Stopped in the backfield by 1 player? When Detroit is stopped in the backfield, it's by multiple defenders. Any quality NFL RB should be able to beat a LB or DL one-on-one. It was a very nice try, but just another lame excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well. I did pick them to finish last in the division.

Lions seem to be forever looking up while the other three North teams just take turns rotating in and out of the top. This is just a bad franchise, period. Same old same old.

The North looks pretty good this year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sports_Freak said:

Stopped in the backfield by 1 player? When Detroit is stopped in the backfield, it's by multiple defenders. Any quality NFL RB should be able to beat a LB or DL one-on-one. It was a very nice try, but just another lame excuse.

That's good scheme if the RB has to already break tackles before even getting to the line of scrimmage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not one or the other.  
Coaching and talent are both huge issues for this franchise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They're just never ever ever ever ever ever ever going to be good, are they?

The Lions will never be a winner as long as a Ford is behind the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

It’s not one or the other.  
Coaching and talent are both huge issues for this franchise. 

Of course. Good talent makes coaches look better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kamakzie said:

The Lions will never be a winner as long as a Ford is behind the team.

Martha hasn’t been a problem.  I haven’t really disagreed with any decisions she’s made from an owners standpoint. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, number20 said:

I'm still not quite following the whole Kirk Cousins sucks thing

 

I’ll still take Stafford over Cousins. 

But I’d also take Dalvin Cook over Kerryon Johnson. And Thielen/Diggs over Golladay/MJJ. 

And their DL over our DL. 

And Anthony Barr’s ability to get away with assault on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can we end the talk about this defense?

talent or scheme?  who cares?  theyre not good enough.

how much money for trey flowers?  can we please please please find someone who can rush the damn passer?  please?

of course, we signed trey flowers, so no we cant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T&P_Fan said:

Martha hasn’t been a problem.  I haven’t really disagreed with any decisions she’s made from an owners standpoint. 

I haven't either but I still stand by my post. There is some kind of an omen with the Ford name and the Lions. They just can't be successful together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...