Sign in to follow this  
tiger337

Jim Adduci is a free agent

I like how Deuce is still doing the baseball thing despite all the success of his Underground enterprise.  I guess he likes cozying up to the rich baseball players before taking all their money in high stakes poker games. 

He's a Devil We Know, so we should sign him.

So is Alex Avila, and I'm pretty sure we will sign him.

17 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Let the bidding war begin! How many years do you think Deuce will get?

20 to life.

• Like 1

my favorite one is when he left the game early, either ejection or whatever, and someone said "He doesn't mind.  He goes back into the locker room and rummages through everyone's stuff for cigarette and loose change"

24 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Okay, so I read these jokes about the Deuce all the time.....can someone please explain them? I like to know jokes.

Are you new here?

Looked up Deuce's Tigers debut and searched for the game thread so here you go.  Liston's post is what started the legend Adduci.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Looked up Deuce's Tigers debut and searched for the game thread so here you go.  Liston's post is what started the legend Adduci.  

Look at the advance scouting in there on Leonys Martin.  Well, don't look at @Keepleyland2's advance scouting.  :)

Talking about Deuce and his capos Barbato and Lewicki in the game threads is what got me through the 2017 season I think. 

14 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

So this is a fictional account of his legacy? Kind of like this one:

DonKelly.png

Jim Adduci fictional? I don't think so.  Ask your sister if she thinks he is fictional.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

my favorite one is when he left the game early, either ejection or whatever, and someone said "He doesn't mind.  He goes back into the locker room and rummages through everyone's stuff for cigarette and loose change"

This one makes Deuce look like a homeless scavenger. I thought the running gag assumed was that Deuce was like a Marlboro Man, beyond super cool, the kind of guy who could bang your mom whenever she wants and you and your dad would be totally cool with that.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This one makes Deuce look like a homeless scavenger. I thought the running gag assumed was that Deuce was like a Marlboro Man, beyond super cool, the kind of guy who could bang your mom whenever she wants and you and your dad would be totally cool about it.

There is some truth to both accounts.  The Deuce is a complex man.  His life growing up was not easy.  

Another smooth thing about Deuce was how he worked the MLB DL system.  I'm sure his angry drunk of a Dad taught him that.  

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This one makes Deuce look like a homeless scavenger. I thought the running gag assumed was that Deuce was like a Marlboro Man, beyond super cool, the kind of guy who could bang your mom whenever she wants and you and your dad would be totally cool with that.

I think it makes him a hustler who's always after someone else's ****... like a mafia guy.  Always looking to scam someone. What's yours is his.  

15 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I think it makes him a hustler who's always after someone else's ****... like a mafia guy.  Always looking to scam someone. What's yours is his.  

OK, I think I see. The whole Deuce thing is pretty inside baseball.

My Deuce is Michael Madesn's Sonny Black from Donnie Brasco.

In that movie though they morphed Lefty's fate into Sonny Black's.  Lefty survived Donnie's reveal.  it was Sonny Black who got sent for and whacked.  In the movie it's portrayed that Lefty gets sent for.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

There is some truth to both accounts.  The Deuce is a complex man.  His life growing up was not easy.  

But everyone agrees that his mom is a saint

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I like how Deuce is still doing the baseball thing despite all the success of his Underground enterprise.  I guess he likes cozying up to the rich baseball players before taking all their money in high stakes poker games. 

That and he needs a legal source of income.

I remember back on the ESPN boards we had a thread dedicated to Inge called "Inge=HOF".  It was basically a spoof on the Chuck Norris facts, I think this was like around 04 or 05.    Anyway after a few years of it going on somebody claiming to be Inge finally posted in it.   He was cool about it and kinda played along with it but we never really found out if it was really him or not though.  

28 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I remember back on the ESPN boards we had a thread dedicated to Inge called "Inge=HOF".  It was basically a spoof on the Chuck Norris facts, I think this was like around 04 or 05.    Anyway after a few years of it going on somebody claiming to be Inge finally posted in it.   He was cool about it and kinda played along with it but we never really found out if it was really him or not though.  

We had a Nook Logan thread like that here.