Deleterious

2019 Preseason Games

28 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Especially in an offseason where nobody wants to have cash.

I seem to recall the Piston's poor planning leading to us having cap space in bad off-seasons the last two times as well. Get ready for this year's version of CV + Gordon when we just re-sign Dre + Jackson.

Ugh.  If Jackson and Drummond are both on the roster at this time next year.  I might have to start watching curling with DTroppens.  

• Like 2

i would be surprised if jackson is back next year.

i would also be surprised if drummond isnt back next year.

Bringing him back at all is a huge mistake.  Forget whether you think he's a great player or not, or the fact that he's in a league that doesn't value big man, the simple fact is that it just hasn't worked.  We can't keep bringing back the same core players and expect different results.

I agree bringing him back is a mistake.  But I fear they will do it and if so, all I can do is hope they do it on a sensible deal in the $20M-$25M range and not the $30-$34M range which would cripple them.

Of course a team making the mistake of keeping him probably is susceptible to making the mistake of overpaying him.

• Like 1

He predicts 9th in the east.  He doesn't predict an actual record, but he does predict an average of 38 wins.

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Ugh.  If Jackson and Drummond are both on the roster at this time next year.  I might have to start watching curling with DTroppens.  

The Thursday league I run is the largest in our curling club! We'd love to have you. :)

My first trip to the club is Sunday! It has clearly made my Sundays during football season a much happier time.

6PM October 21st is the deadline for the final roster.  Also rookie contract extensions have to be done by then or else they will be free agents in July.  For some reason veterans like Andre can sign an extension all season long.

I heard someone suggest LCA shouldn't change the seats from red to black like they are doing.  Instead change each seat to the green screen color and CGI in some fans.  

Pistons were in a tough spot with 16 guys on the roster.

They don't have much teams want in terms of trades.  Making it more difficult, the player coming back to Detroit had to be someone on a non-guaranteed deal.  So Detroit could cut him without going over the luxury tax.