Deleterious

2019 Preseason Games

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Griffin plays more.

Your 100 game bet is really interesting.  I think I would say over but that is a really tough question.

I think Griffin plays about 65-70, figuring he'll be on the high end of that guess. He'll be given a couple games rest and probably miss a few due to other ailments that pop along. I think last season will be Griffin's last year playing as many as 75 - even if he doesn't have a "serious" injury. I get the feeling his body is much older than his age and he's going to have periods where he misses a week here and there and probably gets around 70 games.

Rose is just a major injury waiting to happen. It's not if, but when.

I have to say I'm not thrilled what I heard from Casey regarding Griffin's load management.

He basically said we have to be creative with how they use him.  Both in games and in practice.  Maybe even give him a few nights off.

Maybe he is covering his butt with the league.  But if Griffin plays >70 games it will be a huge mistake.

Kevin Porter is somebody I'm going to try to keep tabs on, when the Pistons drafted him I was excited cause I thought he was a potential steal, I hope giving him up doesn't come back to haunt them.  Of course I don't know if they actually drafted him or were just picking for the Cavs but either way they could've potentially taken him if they wanted to. 

Freaks me out seeing Morris out there.  I'm going to call him Marcus about 93 times this year.

Wood did a nice job slipping the screen on that.  Great pass from Blake to set him up.

Finally got a chance to watch the previous two games and now watching the third one live. 

Reggie just looks so bad. Did he play any ball in the offseason at all? I’d happily take as little as a late 2nd rounder so I don’t have to watch him flail around the court this season. Too bad Rose is so injury prone, because he’d be an upgrade at starter. 

Wood looks like a solid energy guy. 

Snell is really long. He’ll be a solid upgrade over Ellington. 

Galloway is the same waste of space. 

Markieff will add some nice muscle and thuggery to a team that needed more heart. 

Kennard still shooting it well. Gotta find a way to get him more open shots. 

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Joe Johnson is cooked.  Cut him now.

Was thinking the same. He’s done.

Sounds like it was a good fourth quarter.

Andre worries me in a contract year.  Now it is preseason and no Blake, so maybe he was just working stuff out.  But more than once I saw him refuse to give the ball up and force dumb/bad shots.  He shot 41% last night, should be near 60%.

Luke shot 57% and only took 7 shots.  

Rose only makes Rose better.  15 points in 22 minutes is nice.  But I think Luke suffers by playing with Rose.  Rose can't play off ball so Luke has to and I want to see Luke on ball more.  Rose will penetrate but he is almost always looking for his shot, not to drive and kick.  So you're wasting a good shooter like Luke if Rose isn't kicking out.

Last nights version of Snell is what you will get more times than not.

Shame The Drive isn't in Detroit already.  Sekou is going to log a lot of G-League time.  Plenty of time to read Le Monde on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Andre worries me in a contract year...more than once I saw him refuse to give the ball up and force dumb/bad shots.  He shot 41% last night, should be near 60%.

Not sure how this is significantly different than Andre in any other year.

3 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Not sure how this is significantly different than Andre in any other year.

Fair point.

I worry he will ramp it up in a contract year though.  

• Sad 1

On 10/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, Betrayer said:

Markieff will add some nice muscle and thuggery to a team that needed more heart. 

There's a fine line of muscle/thuggery & stupidity there that I think the Morris' cross over too much.  But this team does need toughness, no question.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, Deleterious said:

Joe Johnson is cooked.  Cut him now.

He doesn't have a guaranteed contract, correct?

11 minutes ago, Casimir said:

He doesn't have a guaranteed contract, correct?

Partial guarantee.

• Thanks 1

538 is predicting 36-46 for Detroit.  If I counted right that would leave them 10th in the east.  They give them a 44% chance of making the playoffs.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-predictions/

They also rank the individual players.  This one is for Andre and it is fairly interesting since they project his future years.  This year is his peak year according to the projections.  And it is a steady decline every year after.  They list his 5 year market value at $117M.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-projections/andre-drummond/

You can type any players name into the box on that page.

The Pistons have a line drawn on their practice court that is 2 feet further than the 3PT line.  They are not using it for shooting though.  That is where they want their defenders to start picking up their man.