kdog

October Regular Season Thread

3 hours ago, kdog said:

chart1.png

Wings are bad...throw in their special teams disasters and the record tracks.

I don't know that we'll be Ottawa Senators bad this season, that team just lacks talent at every position, but here's to hoping we give Yzerman a #1 pick to play with.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't know that we'll be Ottawa Senators bad this season, that team just lacks talent at every position, but here's to hoping we give Yzerman a #1 pick to play with.

The lottery makes it a crap shoot.

The Wings were leading the Canucks 2-0 after 2 on goals by Mantha and Cholowski. Listening to the Canucks radio announcers during the 2nd intermission, they were saying those were the worst two periods of the year for the Canucks and that if not for goalie Markstrom the Canucks would be down by 4 or 5 goals.

It is now 4-2 Canucks late in the 3rd!

With my spouse out of town for a couple of weeks, I've had more chances than normal to watch Detroit games on our main TV. It has gone like this:

Saturday October 12 - Wings lose to Leafs

Monday October 14 - Lions lose to Packers

Tuesday October 15 - Wings lose to Canucks (attend in person)

Thursday October 17 - Wings lose to Calgary

Friday October 18 - Wings lose to Edmonton

Saturday October 19 - Michigan loses to Penn St.

Sunday October 20 - Lions lose to Vikings

Tuesday October 22 - Wings lose to Canucks 

15 hours ago, lordstanley said:

The Wings were leading the Canucks 2-0 after 2 on goals by Mantha and Cholowski. Listening to the Canucks radio announcers during the 2nd intermission, they were saying those were the worst two periods of the year for the Canucks and that if not for goalie Markstrom the Canucks would be down by 4 or 5 goals.

It is now 4-2 Canucks late in the 3rd!

Guess who turned the game on at the start of the third period.... wish I didn't.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You needed to spend that time running.

No joke, after around 10 years away from running, the 2008 Lions were a factor in me getting back into it. I had started short jogs that summer due not to the Lions but to weight gain. Then, I forget exactly,  in the autumn somewhere around week 6 I vowed to run/walk flights of stairs on Mondays for each Lions loss, until they won. Something like 6 flights x 6 reps to mark the 0-6 record. I have access to a building stairwell with 30 floors. By the end of the season I was doing that stairwell 8 times (for 16 x 16). I still think there is no punch in the gut feeling like the one stair climbing or hill climbing gives you.

So is it too early to be concerned about AA?

9GP 0G 2A 2PTS

I'm not going to panic, yet, as long as he's playing with weak linemates.

56 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

So is it too early to be concerned about AA?

9GP 0G 2A 2PTS

I'm not going to panic, yet, as long as he's playing with weak linemates.

I have nothing to back this up outside of my own "eye test" and gut/memory, but he reminds me more of the AA from a couple seasons ago than last year in his play style.  Seems to be going back to more free-styling on his own I guess?  I don't know if I can really even explain it but I have not loved his game this season (but that is the general feeling for the team overall I guess).

Granted as you mentioned he has bad linemates (Glendening on line two please just fire me into the sun) and he was injured to start the year, so hopefully just a slow start...

Glendening hasn’t been in the third (I didn’t watch the first two periods) and Abdelkader just blocked a shot that hopefully for him didn’t break his foot/ankle.

Svechnikov looks solid.... the Daley-Bowey pairing has to be the worst in all of hockey

Hirose and AA jist did everything but score on this most recent shift, a couple of nifty 2 on 1s.

But Wings down 4-2 with 3 1/2 to go. If the Wings lose to Ottawa, who's left to beat?

Since you guys don't you live in the Vancouver market, you probably don't realize that the Canucks have the next Bobby Orr on their roster. Maybe this week he will score the 2nd goal of his NHL career. Yeah, Quinn Hughes is looking like a smart pick, but it's very early, holy hype train.

32 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Since you guys don't you live in the Vancouver market, you probably don't realize that the Canucks have the next Bobby Orr on their roster. Maybe this week he will score the 2nd goal of his NHL career. Yeah, Quinn Hughes is looking like a smart pick, but it's very early, holy hype train.

The smart pick was Zadina but someone selected him ahead and the Canucks had to settle for Hughes.   

54 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Lose for Lafrenière doesn't have the same ring to it as Lose for Hughes. Maybe Blow it up for Byfield?

Dernière pour Lafrenière?

Perds pour Lafrenière almost rhymes, I believe.

Dans la derriere pour Lafrenière? (should earn asterisks if the MTS automated sensor was French)

16 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I'm convinced that the Wings would have taken Bouchard if Zadina was off the board.  Good riddance Tyler Wright.

Giavani Smith called up, Glendening/Abdelkader/DeKeyser all set to miss time (I think Abdelkader is day to day and the others are a couple weeks)

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Dernière pour Lafrenière?

Perds pour Lafrenière almost rhymes, I believe.

Dans la derriere pour Lafrenière? (should earn asterisks if the MTS automated sensor was French)

Sorry I don't speak French. I'm what the French call Les Incompetents . . .

tumblr_inline_mfvl6okjUe1qhd8wg.gif