kdog

October Regular Season Thread

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

My ideal scenario long term is when they decide to get a play-off proven coach they figure out a way to retain Blash as some sort of player development head.  Not sure if he would go for that or if it would jive with the organizations direction at that time or if the new coach would even agree because he might view Blash as a potential threat or vague adversary.

I wouldn't imagine Blash would go for this, but I like your thinking.  

Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Less than 10% chance or something.

And even then it would only work if the HC was on the same page with Blash in terms of what style of play he wants out of players Jeff is attempting to develop.

Worst Wings game of the season to date, needless to say.  And I paid C$196 for the privilege of a pair of tickets to it. That's only, I dunno, US$50 or something, but still.

This game in Calgary is shaping up as similar to the Vancouver game, with the Flames outplaying the Wings badly and leading 4-1. Helm tipped in the only goal after a Mantha shot squirted through the goalie's legs.

i have fond memories of those first two games when we were good.

12 hours ago, Buddha said:

i have fond memories of those first two games when we were good.

It is wild how that feels so long ago...  I had a really stressful day and couldn't even bring myself to go dig out my laptop to put the Wings game on my TV.  None of the NHL alerts made me want to either.

One thing that will always bring me back are the random insane goals around the league that seemingly get scored every night.

The skill level of the league is just so high.  I love it.