Glendening- AA - Hirose

Erne - Nielsen - Filpulla

Ehn - De La Rose - Abdelkader/Helm

Nemeth - Green

Dekeyser - Hronek

Cholowski  - Daley

Howard 

The Preds should be terrified.

So apart from Larkin's line, a whopping 4 players I care about - AA, Hirose, Hronek, Cholowski.

On 10/4/2019 at 1:17 PM, kdog said:

First game tomorrow night at Nashville

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Glendening- AA - Hirose

Erne - Nielsen - Filpulla

Ehn - De La Rose - Abdelkader/Helm

Nemeth - Green

Dekeyser - Hronek

Cholowski  - Daley

Howard 

The Preds should be terrified.

That has to be on the shortlist for worst backline in the NHL.   The 3rd and 4th forward lines are also atrocious.   This is a not a good team.   FSD should start showing Griffins games instead.  

Only 7 teams have gone longer without a playoff series than the Wings, who last won a round in 2013 (6 seasons ago). Arizona, New Jersey and Philly are at 7 seasons. The Canucks are at 8 seasons, the Sabres are at 12 seasons.  Leafs are #2, at 14 seasons and the Panthers are the worst, having gone 22 seasons since their last series win.

Bertuzzi! Opens the season's scoring, with assists from Larkin and Mantha. 1-0 Wings midway through 1st in Nashville.

hey, did you guys know that nielsen wore 51 last year and that he gave his number to flippula this year?

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

hey, did you guys know that nielsen wore 51 last year and that he gave his number to flippula this year?

Nielsen is the Jordan Zimmermann of the Wings.

Larkin blasts one to regain the lead for the Wings. 3-2 with around 15 minutes to go.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This team's backline and 2-4 lines are pretty damned terrible, but I'll take the two points gladly.

Was it the Islanders back in the day before the team finally got good that had the bad team with one great line?

56 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You are probably thinking of the Sabres French Connection line.

Thank-you for that! I didn’t realize I had a personal connection to the story in that Roberts was obtained for Eddie Shack and I once spilled a beer on Eddie from the mezzanine of the old Olympia. 😮

i havent been to little ceasars arena yet, how is it?

19 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This team's backline and 2-4 lines are pretty damned terrible, but I'll take the two points gladly.

The fixes for lines 2-4 and the backline are down in Grand Rapids right now... and going through growing pains.

I'm not thinking playoffs this year, not even close.

But by the end of the year, I'd like to see Seider/ Zadina/ Veleno/ Rasmussen/ Svechnikov/ pushing for some playing time with the big club. Svech will be the fastest push, maybe quite a bit of time before the trade deadline. Everyone else on that list is probably stuck waiting for the deadline to pass. Maybe one of Lindstrom or Kaski if we run into some injuries?

But the full youth movement is what fixes the other lines/ backline... Most likely at full speed in 2020, not so much this year...

Next year is when I'd like to see the team make some major strides towards getting back into the playoffs.

Maybe we could get half-way there this year?