Keepleyland2

9/29 @3:10 Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

This is something — the possibility of which — will give us many hours of entertaining torture during the off-season. “Is Miggy back?”

We'll discuss this when he loses 40 to 60 lbs.

1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

Would have so loved to see the Tigers stage another 9th inninng victory today ..if for no other reason but to give the White Sox 90 losses this year!

There's always next year!

How many years have the WSox been rebuilding? Since 1995? I hope it doesn't take us that long.

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Missed what happened, but why not pull Turnbull after 5 innings and let him go into the offseason on a high note?  

absofreakinglutely. Sabres may not care about pitching wins, but pitchers still do. Gardenhire doing a full Aumsus there "Well they have to learn to get out of jams" which is complete BS in my book. A pitcher in the modern era in trouble after 85 - 90 pitches isn't going to learn anything by pitching more except how to be more tired.

33 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

We'll discuss this when he loses 40 to 60 lbs.

the homerun he hit yesterday was pulled and he used a full front leg kick so I would say it was just a day he was feeling better than usual. Today's was hit more flat footed to the opposite field.

41 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

How many years have the WSox been rebuilding? Since 1995? I hope it doesn't take us that long.

IIRC .. the White Sox won a World Championship in 2005.

The Tigers have lost 98 or more games in 3 consecutive season.  The White Sox have lost 98 or more games 3 times since 1970.