Keepleyland2

9/29 @3:10 Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

FE951DAE-CEB9-4537-8DC7-A1D75469B180.thumb.png.8a7fbc074dfc0b8d96cbc9abae267676.png

This season reminds me of the firing squad scene in Paths of Glory where the aristocrats pin the blame for the failures of WWI on the ordinary men fighting it.  Don’t talk me down into being reasonable. I am angry and I want to be angry.  

Although I’m not in Chicago a glance at the weather app on my phone indicates the possibility of this game being delayed yet still eventually played. It will be a temporary reprieve from the governor, but this season’s final execution will still take place.

8 hours ago, lordstanley said:

3000 Ks for Verlander.

Funny inning. No out was recorded on the 3000th K as the catcher didn't handle the pitch, then the man scored when JV gave up a 2 run HR to the next batter (Andrelton Simmons).  Kole Calhoun surely becomes the only man in history to score a run after being a pitcher's 3000th K.

So JV is down 3-0 after his big milestone. But the Astros bailed him out with 5 runs in the 6th. JV finishes 21-6, his most since 24-5 in 2011.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Although I’m not in Chicago a glance at the weather app on my phone indicates the possibility of this game being delayed yet still eventually played. It will be a temporary reprieve from the governor, but this season’s final execution will still take place.

Good.  Let them suffer and drag this out a bit longer.  God knows we’ve suffered all season at their hands.

JV notches 300th K of the season, his first time reaching that number, and his 3000th career K in the same game

The forecast for Chicago has changed to merely cloudy. This game will be played. Maybe even on time. 

11 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

FE951DAE-CEB9-4537-8DC7-A1D75469B180.thumb.png.8a7fbc074dfc0b8d96cbc9abae267676.png

This season reminds me of the firing squad scene in Paths of Glory where the aristocrats pin the blame for the failures of WWI on the ordinary men fighting it.  Don’t talk me down into being reasonable. I am angry and I want to be angry.  

Paths of Glory.  Awesome.  I have the DVD on the shelf, I think I'll put it in tonight.

• Thanks 1

Here's what this season has accomplished: I see the questionable weather forecast, and I say to myself "I hope they don't play."

• Like 1

Instead of following this last game of the season I think I’m going to be working on my sudden release close quarters fighting death moves today that have been inexplicably released to a limited number of civilians for a limited time only. If only the ad link about it on this thread comes back, though. And if and when it does I’m going to take my newfound lethality and go out looking for trouble because that’s what I’m all about. 

If Lemahieu goes 4-4 or better and Anderson goes 0-5 or worse than Lemahieu will win the AL Batting title.     Highly unlikely either happens but I guess it's something to keep an eye out for this game.  

11 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

this is the end of year 3 of a 4 year run with 400 losses. nightmare. awful team.

This is true. Sadly, the team is just a reflection of the organization.

Not sure if I should be Happy or sad the season is over. I know I will miss it. I just wish the front office will try harder this off season to present a better team next year.

37 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If Lemahieu goes 4-4 or better and Anderson goes 0-5 or worse than Lemahieu will win the AL Batting title.     Highly unlikely either happens but I guess it's something to keep an eye out for this game.  

Pulling for the local kid.

To prevent a team from knowing that the outcome of another game cemented some playoff implication.  Like Team A lost in a 1:00 game, so Team B doesn't have to play as hard in their 4:00 game because Team B made it into the playoffs by virtue of Team A's loss.  It's mostly moot in light of the way the races have played out, but it was set before anybody would have known that.  I kind of like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

To prevent a team from knowing that the outcome of another game cemented some playoff implication.  Like Team A lost in a 1:00 game, so Team B doesn't have to play as hard in their 4:00 game because Team B made it into the playoffs by virtue of Team A's loss.  It's mostly moot in light of the way the races have played out, but it was set before anybody would have known that.  I kind of like it.

Ahhh—that makes sense.  

What’s hilarious is that there are absolutely zero interesting things today. All the wildcard additions, juiced ball, mound visit restrictions, we end the 2019 season with absolutely zero drama. 

Could cancel all the games and nothing would change.

Oops I didn’t see the NL central. Oh well. My post is still mostly true.

Yep, the playoff chase looked like one for the ages a month ago. Who wins the NL Central is the only thing on the line today