Jump to content

MAROTH4MVP

Chiefs @ Lions

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hongbit said:

A Hail Mary has probably a 1% chance of being successful.   The situation that you’ve described with a tip back to a WR out of the EZ takes it down into microscopic percentages.   
 

I would say most Hail Marry's that are successful are usually tipped. It could have been tipped into the end zone but Jones had no shot because he was eliminated on the play. Yes it is a very low percentage but you can't literally tackle someone while the ball is in the air and give the player zero percent shot of making a play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, sagnam said:

 

Objectively false

no-golladay.gif.3e2e16021551c9995322706f3acdd273.gif

What are you not seeing?  It’s on his left hand or right forearm the entire time.  That’s control. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I don't want to watch a game where that's a TD.

Yeah we know, you’ve made pretty your brand of football. And it’s ****.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

What are you not seeing?  It’s on his left hand or right forearm the entire time.  That’s control. 

The ball is clearly moving as he fell to the ground. Quite obvious actually. When the ball goes from left hand to right forearm on the way down, that's not control.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is what it is, but he never actually lost the ball to the ground and it sucks that is not a catch.

Not really bothered by it, but it is not like the ball squirted out after he hit the ground...he still had the ball in his hands.

I really do not like watching the NFL when that is not a catch...all the excitement is gone from every big play because you have to wait for the "ruling on the field"...it really sucks IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with that call but hate the rule, that's a catch if it happens in the field of play but not going out of bounds, I think it should be universal, as long as you get two feet in and the ball doesn't touch the ground it should be a catch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

It is what it is, but he never actually lost the ball to the ground and it sucks that is not a catch.

Not really bothered by it, but it is not like the ball squirted out after he hit the ground...he still had the ball in his hands.

I really do not like watching the NFL when that is not a catch...all the excitement is gone from every big play because you have to wait for the "ruling on the field"...it really sucks IMO.

It's not about losing the ball, it's about maintaining control through the process which is the rule as inconsistent as it may be at times. You can't have the ball moving around in your hands on the way down even if it wasn't lost. Hate the rule all you want but it's the rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sagnam said:

I don't want to watch a game where that's a TD.

Congratulations. You are the one guy in the country who wants to wait ten minutes for them to call “Touchdown.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

It is what it is, but he never actually lost the ball to the ground and it sucks that is not a catch.

Not really bothered by it, but it is not like the ball squirted out after he hit the ground...he still had the ball in his hands.

I really do not like watching the NFL when that is not a catch...all the excitement is gone from every big play because you have to wait for the "ruling on the field"...it really sucks IMO.

Goodell will go down as the man who presided over the NFL’s demise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Congratulations. You are the one guy in the country who wants to wait ten minutes for them to call “Touchdown.”

So you just don't want replay.  Fine.  If there is replay then this needs to be reviewed and overturned.  It's the same rules for everyone.

 

Also, replay should be faster.  It's unfathomable that it takes as long as it does.  This should be handled in seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Agree with that call but hate the rule, that's a catch if it happens in the field of play but not going out of bounds, I think it should be universal, as long as you get two feet in and the ball doesn't touch the ground it should be a catch. 

The problem is, by the time he maintained control, he was out of bounds. It would be like a throw to the sideline and the receiving is bobbling it as he is going out of bounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The problem is, by the time he maintained control, he was out of bounds. It would be like a throw to the sideline and the receiving is bobbling it as he is going out of bounds. 

Or better yet, control and two feet down means that if the ball comes out any time after that it always has to be a fumble.  If people are willing to live with that then I'm fine with that too.  I just want consistent enforcement.

 

This is now a TD.

new-td.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sagnam said:

Burfict suspended for the remainder of the season.

Hey, I kind of called that, though I would have done it for a calendar year.    Glad they got serious.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

What are you not seeing?  It’s on his left hand or right forearm the entire time.  That’s control. 

It goes from his chest to his stomach to his hip and actually spins around once from laces toward the camera to laces against his body.  That ball is all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked up the rule and it’s hard to understand.

It says clearly that movement of the ball doesn’t automatically mean loss of control.  This was a new rule as of last year.  The problem is that it doesn’t further qualify what constitutes loss of control other than the ball touching the ground.  
 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/completing-a-catch/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I looked up the rule and it’s hard to understand.

It says clearly that movement of the ball doesn’t automatically mean loss of control.  This was a new rule as of last year.  The problem is that it doesn’t further qualify what constitutes loss of control other than the ball touching the ground.  
 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/completing-a-catch/

I watched the video, and it said, if the players goes out of bounds before regaining control, it is an incomplete pass. Golladay didn't regain control until he was out of bounds. I think that was a good call. Lions fans should really focus on Hitchens commiting yet another pass interference that wasn't called.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jason_R said:

My frustration with the players playing to the actions of the referees, and not to the whistle, is secondary. 

My primary concern with the officiating, going back years, is that the NFL is ruining the game in its effort to react to a handful of disputed calls. “We have to get it right,” they say. But in their effort to “get it right” they have created a system where their game officials have clearly abdicated their responsibility to officiate the game on the field.

So a player whose knee comes down on an opposing player’s hand and sees the refs and everyone else react as if he’s down doesn’t realize that he’s not really down. Nobody does until literally five minutes later, when the replay officials have looked at the tape ten times. 

This is clearly a case where the refs would have blown a whistle (even two weeks ago!) — and been justified in doing so, even if KJ’s knee was not down with metaphysical certitude because it was resting at least in part on a defender’s hand. But because they have all been emasculated by the league office and by Sean Payton’s bitching, they punt the game to NY, where the Lions once again are shown to be the NFL’s *****. 

Chicago-Minnesota game; Minny receiver catches the ball, made a move and got hit. Ball bounced right to a Chicago defender with a wide open field. He went about 10 yards before the whistle blew. Play reviewed, Chicago ball right where the defender recovered it. Huh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NYLion said:

The ball is clearly moving as he fell to the ground. Quite obvious actually. When the ball goes from left hand to right forearm on the way down, that's not control.

Why isn’t it?  If I hand a ball from my left hand to right hand and spin it as I go that is still control. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I just read the schedule. Detroit is the only team on a bye in the NFC North.  Didn't the entire division used to have the same bye week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

golladay's catch in the back of the end zone was not a td, he did not have control when he fell out of bounds.

however, it was CLEARLY pass inter****ingference right in front of the ref and he didnt call it and patricia didnt challenge it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wow. I just read the schedule. Detroit is the only team on a bye in the NFC North.  Didn't the entire division used to have the same bye week?

I can’t recall that ever happening in recent memory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,733
    • Total Posts
      2,933,872
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...