MAROTH4MVP

Chiefs @ Lions

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wow. Taking "homer" to a whole new level.

Do you really think the Eagles played as good against the Lions as they did against Green Bay? Jeffery may have had limited catches but he was another quality player that had to be accounted for. And that was just a reply to MTB's remark. They got players back from injury that didn't play against us.      "That banged up Eagles team went into Green Bay on a short week and beat the Packers."   

The lions defense played better than the packers defense.  That’s what happened.  

45 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Keep spinning it.   

It's amazing how you, and another poster, will spin and defend the Lions every chance you get. Even when it defies logic. It's almost like you've only been watching them for a few years. You expect a clean slate every time they change a few players. Or get a new coach or GM. Well, there are many of us who have had our hopes dashed even with them going through a dozen (or more) coaches. Go ahead, keep making excuses for this inept franchise. The most inept run franchise in all of sports. 

Edit; I looked it up, the Lions have had 16 head coaches since I've been following them!!!!  That includes Joe Schmidt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Detroit_Lions_head_coaches

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

The lions defense played better than the packers defense.  That’s what happened.  

I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks when Rodgers tears up the Lions secondary.

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks when Rodgers tears up the Lions secondary.

You’re not a lions fan.  You watch them in hopes they lose so you can troll.  

Just now, T&P_Fan said:

You’re not a lions fan.  You watch them in hopes they lose so you can troll.  

Lmao. I don't make lame excuses for them so I must be a troll. Pure Lions logic. For your information, I have been a diehard fan since the 60's. I'm not a Lions enabler though. No excuses for them throughout the years, just stating a simple fact, they are losers of historic proportions.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If the Lions play a healthy team that executes their plays and does make unforced errors, then they will very likely lose.

That is true for almost all teams, though.

truth

21 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

GB seems to run hot and cold. I saw some of the 1st half of the Eagles game and Rodgers was hitting on all cylinders and I thought GB was going to win easily, only to see later they lost.

56 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Jeffery had 3 catches for less than 40 yards.  

Keep spinning it.   It’s always the same. Lions win it’s because other team lost because “insert all excuses you’ve used here.”  Lions lose its because they are awful and good teams just fine a way to win, which is why they beat the lions.  

Probably goes both ways TP. You're spot on about the Gloomers and “insert all excuses” why they won (it’s never the Lions). But the Slappies do the same thing: “Insert all excuses” why they lost (it’s never the other team), chronic whatifism, etc.

A center cut of objective fans, and two noisy extremes. Gotta have all three to make up a message board!

15 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

GB seems to run hot and cold. I saw some of the 1st half of the Eagles game and Rodgers was hitting on all cylinders and I thought GB was going to win easily, only to see later they lost.

Rodgers had over 400 yards passing. I would agree it was the Green Bay defense that hurt them the most. It was really good to see that Green Bay is really struggling against the run. The Lions should use rushing yards and the clock to keep Rodgers off the field.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

A muffed punt or a dropped pass is an unforced error. A LB punching the ball out as a runner is going down is a forced error. Teams actually practice this, it's a skill part of the game. 

I agree with you literally 110%.

Football as we know it today is riddled with flaws.

How am I supposed to enjoy a game where unforced errors and luck play a part in the outcome?

And why should I be the dupe of false happiness if my team, as a result of unforced errors and luck, finds itself with a record it doesn’t deserve?

That’s why I believe we as fans deserve a mathematical model that corrects for unforced errors and luck. 

I don’t even care whether they play actual games on Sunday or not. I just want to see, every Monday morning, that the Lions have proved once again beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are SOL. And I want to see, at the end of every season, that they have missed the playoffs. It would make me sick to think the Lions made the playoffs solely due to unforced errors and luck. 

Stafford injury pretty serious. Schefter reporting this is the closest Stafford has ever come to sitting out a game. Stafford wasn't really hit the past two games. He also missed some time in training camp. This injury seems to pre-date the start of the season and goes back to last year. Not good for a back injury to be lingering this long. 

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Stafford injury pretty serious. Schefter reporting this is the closest Stafford has ever come to sitting out a game. Stafford wasn't really hit the past two games. He also missed some time in training camp. This injury seems to pre-date the start of the season and goes back to last year. Not good for a back injury to be lingering this long. 

Yes, but any mistakes he makes today will be unforced errors, because he is Same Old Stafford. And for the same reason, any of his good plays will be due to luck. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This is the type of injury that will likely send him to early retirement. He's over 30 now, these back and hip issues are never going away as long as he plays football.

He has made enough money and he's had a very good career. It's time for him to think about his health and his young family to prevent any further damage to his body. It's probably time to hang up the cleats not this year obviously but I bet it's something he seriously considers in the off-season. The Lions need to plan accordingly.

13 minutes ago, NYLion said:

This is the type of injury that will likely send him to early retirement. He's over 30 now, these back and hip issues are never going away as long as he plays football.

He has made enough money and he's had a very good career. It's time for him to think about his health and his young family to prevent any further damage to his body. It's probably time to hang up the cleats not this year obviously but I bet it's something he seriously considers in the off-season. The Lions need to plan accordingly.

If only they still had Connor Cook.  Seriously though it's obviously a bit premature to speculate anything about it but if it does end up being really serious and Stafford does end up considering retirement at the end of the season, next season would be a perfect season to tank with Lawrence coming out who many pundits are calling the best QB prospect since Elway.  

almost want to sit stafford and give him two weeks to recover before the packers.

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

almost want to sit stafford and give him two weeks to recover before the packers.

If the Chiefs jump ahead early and get a big lead I wonder if Patricia will throw in the towel so to speak and sit Stafford.  

Probably a good decision to sit Slay.  Hamstring injuries are nothing to mess with especially for CBs who stop, start and change directions more than just about any other position on the field.     

37 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If only they still had Connor Cook.  Seriously though it's obviously a bit premature to speculate anything about it but if it does end up being really serious and Stafford does end up considering retirement at the end of the season, next season would be a perfect season to tank with Lawrence coming out who many pundits are calling the best QB prospect since Elway.  

Oh boy that would be great - if they got the #1 pick we could have another forum chock full of complaints over a perfectly executed tanking plan.

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Oh boy that would be great - if they got the #1 pick we could have another forum chock full of complaints over a perfectly executed tanking plan.

We would also be able to look forward to the battle between Stafford and the Lions over his remaining signing bonus. 

I want to pick the Lions,  I really do. If we had a running game to eat up the clock we might be able to keep the ball away from the Chief's offense. And the crowd could be a factor in a close game. But they are just too dang good. ESPN had the line at the Lions getting 7 points. I would give the points and take the Chiefs. My heart is with the Lions but common sense says the Chiefs. It would be a win for the Lions to hold them under 30 points. I just don't see it. 

Chiefs 35 lions 17