MAROTH4MVP

Chiefs @ Lions

1 minute ago, number20 said:

I actually think those are both winnable

No doubt they are.  They are just tough games.  

The Lions have a good football team.  To validate it they have to go beat their division rivals. 

Not being impressed by Minnesota. When they beat Atlanta like a drum, I thought they were for real, but Atlanta has been really bad this year and so has Oakland. 

Minnesota just called one of the dumbest timeouts I’ve ever seen.

44 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

The 2nd didn’t even make the end zone so they should never throw a flag in that situation.  

What difference does that make? PI is PI. Of course they should have called it.

26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Stafford really outplayed Mahomes. The difference in this game is that fumble returned for a 100 yard TD. Since the Lions lost to a good team, we'll hear more Stat Padford BS. 

And Stafford will be the first one to face the media blitz and say the loss is on him, even though it wasn't.  Just standing up for his teammates and coaches. In this day and age, it's refreshing to see a stand up team player. I really like him.

3 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Minnesota just called one of the dumbest timeouts I’ve ever seen.

Romo just said it looked like Minnesota had 12 men in the field, so never mind.  Good TO.

If they can play this way on offense but not turn the ball over in the red zone, they should win the rest of their home games.   The defense should continue to get healthier and better.  MB made a comment earlier that they are now contenders for this division.   I agree.  They have a lot of positives to build off.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longgone said:

What difference does that make? PI is PI. Of course they should have called it.

It’s going 47 MPH in a 45 zone.   Sure, it’s technically a penalty but it should never be called like that with a game deciding flag.  

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

If they can play this way on offense but not turn the ball over in the red zone, they should win the rest of their home games.   The defense should continue to get healthier and better.  MB made a comment earlier that they are now contenders for this division.   I agree.  They have a lot of positives to build off.    

Isn't Green Bay really bad against the run? Worse than K.C.? Maybe that will be our game plan. I wish we had a huge win to go into the bye week. It's a long time, a week from tomorrow. And Green Bay gets a few extra days since they played last Thursday. 

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It’s going 47 MPH in a 45 zone.   Sure, it’s technically a penalty but it should never be called like that with a game deciding flag.  

Like the phantom face masking penalty on Detroit against Green Bay a few years ago, giving them an untimed down? And of course, Rodgers threw a successful hail mary. Lions lose.

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

If it's a legitimate penalty, yes, it should.  Now, if it was ticky-tacky, then I'd probably side with you, but if it's legit (and all i've seen of it is that little grainy twitter vid so I don't know how egregious it was or wasn't), then it should be called.  Yep, probably is he catches it, he's stopped short of the EZ, but ya don't know for sure.  It's definitely possible to fall forward 2 yards.

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I don't know where you ever got a ridiculous notion like that. Crunch time is no exemption from the rules, in fact, that's when you want to get it right.

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I don't think they get to say that anymore. Just like when they decided to introduce replay to baseball, and call the guy who comes off the base for a millisecond on a steal of second as the lace of his shoe meets the lace of a glove out. That's what we wanted to do, so that's what we got.

If this is what people (and by people realistically I mean owners) want - replay looking at every possible angle and frame - then that is what needs to be delivered. I don't care that it's a game-changing call, PI is PI.

• Like 1

Jones also looked like the trailer on that play. If that ball is batted back to him he can take it into the end zone. It wasn't like he would need to turn, catch and then run back into the end zone. After the Minnesota-New Orleans game two years ago, you have to call it. 

To each their own.  I don’t think the refs should bail a team out on a Hail Mary that falls short of the end zone.   Ball in the end zone, then sure if the PI is super obvious, the ref should call it.  

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

To each their own.  I don’t think the refs should bail a team out on a Hail Mary that falls short of the end zone.   Ball in the end zone, then sure if the PI is super obvious, the ref should call it.  

Not sure why calling a super obvious PI outside the endzone is considered a "bail out".  Isn't not calling super obvious PI bailing out the defense?

Just now, Hongbit said:

That's fair. All else being equal, I agree with you. A game shouldn't be decided by a penalty flag.

It's just my thought that the owners need to reap what they sow in wanting replay review on PI.

If the refs called it exactly by the rule book, the game would be unwatchable.   There would be a flag for holding or PI on almost every play.    I watch Pac-12 football so I know this to be true.  

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

You believe they should change the rules based on perceived scenarios? Glad you are not a ref.

Just now, Hongbit said:

If the refs called it exactly by the rule book, the game would be unwatchable.   There would be a flag for holding or PI on almost every play.    I watch Pac-12 football so I know this to be true.  

The "PAC-12 refs" chant is real, and I've used it many-a-time.

Just now, Hongbit said:

Super obvious though.  They should call super obvious things and they should use replay to fix super obvious things.  The problem is they try to fix things that aren't obvious too.

1 minute ago, Longgone said:

You believe they should change the rules based on perceived scenarios? Glad you are not a ref.

I believe they should use some subjectivity.   Especially when it involves game determining flags. 

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Trubisky may be missing some serious time. 

That defense (Mack) will keep them in, or win them, a lot of games though.