MAROTH4MVP

Chiefs @ Lions

Sucks that they lost but offense looked good for the most part(aside from the stupid fumbles).  Secondary played great as well considering the injuries, DLine still doesn't look good though.   No sacks, only 3 TFL and gave up 123 yards on the ground.   They have definitely been the weak link of the team thus far.  

2 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I'm not blaming the refs.  This was on the Lions.  That was not a TD and it was a Kerryon fumble.  The Lions defense put them in a position to take this game and they almost did.

No. It was on the refs.   

Just now, T&P_Fan said:

No. It was on the refs.   

No, it was on the player for not protecting the ball.

And now we have to wait 15 days until the next game.  That sucks.  

All of that sucked.  Lions played well, they were better than the chiefs today, and they lost. 

5 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

**** this league.  The cheating by refs makes it hard to keep watching. 

Even when the Lions have a good team it’s hard to win when the refs will do everything they can to make you lose. 

Agreed. A heartbreaking loss may be worse than a blowout.

4 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I'm not blaming the refs.  This was on the Lions.  That was not a TD 

NFLer   ?

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Agreed. A heartbreaking loss may be worse than a blowout.

I disagree.  I expected a blowout, this was a good game and if not for carelessness the Lions probably win this by a TD.

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Sucks that they lost but offense looked good for the most part(aside from the stupid fumbles).  Secondary played great as well considering the injuries, DLine still doesn't look good though.   No sacks, only 3 TFL and gave up 123 yards on the ground.   They have definitely been the weak link of the team thus far.  

Team played well, lots of positive signs. It sucks that they gave away those two red zone opportunities with unforced fumbles but if they play this way the rest of the season, they'll beat a lot of teams.  The bye week is coming at the right time to get some of these guys healed up. We should be proud of the team for that performance today.

Anyway, I agree on the D line. Flowers caused a fumble but he's not doing nearly enough to create pressure, he looks out of shape to me. Harrison has also been a non-factor. They need more from these guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

That was probably the best Lions game I've watched in years, considering the competition.

Agreed.  There were definitely some mistakes from the Lions, but they played hard, and hung tough with a team that most consider top 5.  This is a moral victory... now before you say that are no moral victories in the NFL, I agree... but everyone agrees that the Lions wins (and tie) were less than convincing wins.  How much the other team imploded and how much the Lions caused them to implode is worth debate, but I don't think anyone would consider the wins convincing.  So it would be easy for people to look at them as just lucky.  Now the Lions have hung with one of the best in the league... and frankly did it with a number of big key injuries themselves. 

Had the Lions been 2-1-1 while getting blown out by the Chiefs... it would have looked more towards the Lions just lucky in their wins.  But now having watched them play this well, I'd say 2-1-1 is solid record and one they've earned.

1 minute ago, sagnam said:

I disagree.  I expected a blowout, this was a good game and if not for carelessness the Lions probably win this by a TD.

Yeah, I'll prolly feel that way after I cool off. And my blood pressure meds kick in.  ?

• Thanks 1

I predicted they would lose by 30 points so this really was a promising game for me.  

Stafford and this offense looks really good despite two terrible fumbles inside the 10 yard line.  He has proven that last year was an aberration and I think this will be a top 10 offense when all is said and done. Secondary played very well despite being banged up.   Once again, Coleman and Walker keep making plays and Melvin has not been abused.  Lots of positives to build on going forward.    

Damn. Winnable game. Who woulda thunk.

Get some rest, heal up, beat the Cheeseholes in Lambeau and the Queens at home

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

NFLer   ?

I have no interest in plays like that being a TD.  I think the current "catch rules" are way too subjective.

Yep, I feel better about the Lions' season now than I did 4 hours ago.

Two questions about PI on the Hail Mary:

a) is asking for a review still at the Lions' discretion in that case or is it different because of it being in the last 2 minutes?

b) where would the ball have been placed if PI had been called? I believe they snapped it around the 45 of KC.

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It seemed like the DL was only rushing 3 for much of the game though.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Team played well, lots of positive signs. It sucks that they gave away those two red zone opportunities with unforced fumbles but if they play this way the rest of the season, they'll beat a lot of teams.  The bye week is coming at the right time to get some of these guys healed up. We should be proud of the team for that performance today.

Agree, anybody that wants to call them the "SOL" should look at how they responded after KC returned that fumble for a TD.  They could've rolled over and played dead after that but instead they scored 10 straight and kept fighting.    Hope Hockenson, Slay, Hand and Stafford get healthy over the bye week and hopefully Hand can provide some help to the Dline.  To me that is the biggest question mark on the team.   

2 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Agreed.  There were definitely some mistakes from the Lions, but they played hard, and hung tough with a team that most consider top 5.  This is a moral victory... now before you say that are no moral victories in the NFL, I agree... but everyone agrees that the Lions wins (and tie) were less than convincing wins.  How much the other team imploded and how much the Lions caused them to implode is worth debate, but I don't think anyone would consider the wins convincing.  So it would be easy for people to look at them as just lucky.  Now the Lions have hung with one of the best in the league... and frankly did it with a number of big key injuries themselves. 

Had the Lions been 2-1-1 while getting blown out by the Chiefs... it would have looked more towards the Lions just lucky in their wins.  But now having watched them play this well, I'd say 2-1-1 is solid record and one they've earned.

Something to build on

Just now, lordstanley said:

a) is asking for a review still at the Lions' discretion in that case or is it different because of it being in the last 2 minutes?

b) where would the ball have been placed if PI had been called? I believe they snapped it around the 45 of KC.

The spot of the foul or the 1 yard line if it was committed in the end zone.

1 minute ago, Hongbit said:

I predicted they would lose by 30 points so this really was a promising game for me.  

Stafford and this offense looks really good despite two terrible fumbles inside the 10 yard line.  He has proven that last year was an aberration and I think this will be a top 10 offense when all is said and done. Secondary played very well despite being banged up.   Once again, Coleman and Walker keep making plays and Melvin has not been abused. 

Good summary. Very well said. Kudos.

Just now, lordstanley said:

Pass interference in the end zone is placed on the 1 yard line. I believe all reviews in the final two minutes are initiated by the booth. 

Also, having Hockenson for the hail mary would have been nice.  Too bad he decided to try to kill himself.