Keepleyland2

9/24 @6:40 Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

There is no conceivable way that the Tigers should win any of these games so through some inexplicable occult intervention they will probably win the series. 

22FBE081-09DD-4728-BC01-9DA82FB43ACA.png.170a46ee6e1cd91edcee2b393d6af2bb.png

Thought Friday would be my last game but decided to go to this one too.... I'm working a half day, doing some errands, then will take my youngest son with me.  He enjoys it. The weather will be nice.  Probably leave around 8:30 as he has to be in bed early for his 5:15 wake up call for school.  

Opening Day was just yesterday it feels like...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

Odorizzi sounds like a failed private label perfume at WalMarts.

...or a revolting but new Jelly Bean flavor!

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

Odorizzi sounds like a failed private label perfume at WalMarts.

Odorizzi sounds like how I order my eggs. 

Just realizing that 95 wins probably won't be enough to get an American League playoff spot this year. Whereas 87 wins should be enough in the National League.

It is possible for Minnesota to clinch the division tomorrow or Thursday.  I implore the Tigers to not allow this to happen.

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

Thought Friday would be my last game but decided to go to this one too.... I'm working a half day, doing some errands, then will take my youngest son with me.  He enjoys it. The weather will be nice.  Probably leave around 8:30 as he has to be in bed early for his 5:15 wake up call for school.  

Opening Day was just yesterday it feels like...

Opening Day 1999 feels like just yesterday ... :/

I know I’m going to hate it when there aren’t any games for the next few months, but it’s hard to muster up the interest or courage to watch them right now. I’ll probably do it dammit. 

In some ways this season has flown by but in other ways it hasn't. 

I know it wasn't the Tigers but it feels like yesterday I checked my CPU to see how Mize's first AA start went only to find out he threw a no hitter.  That was way back in April.

On the other hand it feels like another season that Moore and Ross pitched for us.  

I’m glad the Tigers lone run was scored on a SF and they have not conceded anything to that trendy hit the ball out of the park stuff they fell for against the White Sox. 

38 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m glad the Tigers lone run was scored on a SF and they have not conceded anything to that trendy hit the ball out of the park stuff they fell for against the White Sox. 

These young Bengals are scrappy, not modern day show offs.

Turnbull pitched well, too bad somebody is going to come in and allow 2 runs to score

EDIT:  relatedly (to this commercial break) does the 'song' in the Baker College commercial actually contain lyrics or just a guy kind of yelling?  It's been all season and I have no idea WTF that is supposed to be

2 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Turnbull pitched well, too bad somebody is going to come in and allow 2 runs to score

You jinxed McKay

5 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

EDIT:  relatedly (to this commercial break) does the 'song' in the Baker College commercial actually contain lyrics or just a guy kind of yelling?  It's been all season and I have no idea WTF that is supposed to be

Gene Merolis is a great, great guy.

49 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Just horrible managing by Gardenhire there. You have to take him out before he puts the lead run on. This should be McKay's decision all day long.

And Jake goes down as the tying run. One of those nights when he looks overmatched. He couldn't get on top of on Odorizzi's fast ball and in this 3rd AB, Odorizzi just kept throwing the same outside FB to the same point where Jake couldn't get around on it and even after seeing 5 or 6 or them in nearly the same spot , Jake would not or could not just flick it the other way.

22 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

22 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

4c1acd37_davis.jpg
Bob Miller

If there was ever anyone in the history of the human race who looked like a "Bob Miller" it was Bob Miller.

• Like 1