Keepleyland2

9/20 @7:10 Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

On the bright side, we’re not going to have to wear coats, sit in the rain, or shiver our rear ends off during the World Series. So that’s the silver lining within this apocalypse. 

6 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Is this Zimmerman's final game as a Tiger?  Or in MLB?

One can only dream.

fangraphs has a player splits feature where one can research a player's stats for a specific date range.

Jordan Zimmerman's  overall ERA since May 16, 2016 = 5.89 with 1.45 WHIP (slightly worse now after tonight.

Is he the worst player in Tiger history?

Miami is coming around the corner at 100 losses.   Nice try

Unless the Tigers go on an unlikely six-game winning streak, which seems intrinsically impossible especially given that they will be playing the Twins soon, I’d say they have this cat in the bag.  

9 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Unless the Tigers go on an unlikely six-game winning streak, which seems intrinsically impossible especially given that they will be playing the Twins soon, I’d say they have this cat in the bag.  

Since June 1 the Tigers have won back-to-back games twice. Add a 3-game win streak in May and that's it for consecutive wins over the last 4.5 months. A truly wretched year. Disturbing that I even pay attention. 

I'll admit.  I watched this one to the end.  I probably need to seek counseling.

7 hours ago, socaltiger said:

I think after tonight our "magic" number is 5 ?? Since the tiebreaker goes to Baltimore.

Which means that Baltimore will have to go 0-8 the rest of the way..

..and the Tigers will have to go 5-4 .....bwaahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahhahhahahahahaha...