Keepleyland2

9/19 @7:10 Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Indians

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

Well thats all nice to hear, i was just spoofing a bit.   Thanks for the info.

I know we all joke about him hating the Tigers but I really do think he used to hate their ideals like ignoring the system for big money vets, so now that they changed their methods he's been more positive about them. 

14 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Hi, my name is Bert and I’m a Detroit Tigers fan.  

I will be glad when this death march is over and the off-season arrives. At that point I’ll follow the playoffs and forget about the Tigers for a while. After the WS I’ll gradually start to try and motivate myself for the next chapter in this so called rebuild. The Tigers have done their damn best to get rid of me but I hang on to this team primarily for the Tiger years gone by and the guys that wore the Old English D. As I sit here enjoying a Bell’s Best Brown Ale I’ll tell myself that one day things really will be better. Until then, another brown ale.

So has it ever been considered/discussed that Norris could be a bullpen starter as the Rays use their pitchers? I know this would be a philosophy change for the org but between now and the top picks arrival...?

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

So has it ever been considered/discussed that Norris could be a bullpen starter as the Rays use their pitchers? I know this would be a philosophy change for the org but between now and the top picks arrival...?

Norris has no particular trouble at least twice through a batting order. His ERA is basically flat through 5 IP this season. He is only working short now so they don't have to shut him down completely - they want to keep him on a starter's schedule for the full season. And if anything I would say the trend this year is that he has been able to reduce his pitches per inning somewhat. Also, when he was throwing 100 pitches per start his velo was not falling off at the end of his starts - fatigue does not appear to be a problem for him. I would guess he will fail or succeed as a regular starter one way or the other.

Baltimore is losing too. Our team legitimately sucks. Their team just doesn’t care. 

We're not very exciting any more. I mean the young guys are still trying but this is so painful to watch. Much more so than I thought it would be. Reyes is pretty good but I thought there might be a rising talent that intrigues here at the end of the season. I'm not seeing it this year...maybe next season??

It is going to be soooooo much fun when the Tigers get much better than the Indians ..and consistently beat the snot out of them.

I eagerly hope its against Francona too.

22 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

It is going to be soooooo much fun when the Tigers get much better than the Indians ..and consistently beat the snot out of them.

I eagerly hope its against Francona too.

It'll be terrible for Indian fans to see Lindor at SS for us.

15 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Hi, my name is Bert and I’m a Detroit Tigers fan.  

your a looser.