RedRamage

At Eagles Pre-game chatter

13 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Nah.  There isn’t much parallel in the lions and wolverines this season.  Lions have an identity: strong armed QB who will sling it to win games (and can) and a D that has been average with a DL that can’t elevate their game.  

It will be another close game.  

I would take the Lions with the points.

Kind of funny how the Lions have the better record than the Eagles against better opponents and are yet underdogs probably because Philadelphia won a super bowl two years ago. 

33 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Kind of funny how the Lions have the better record than the Eagles against better opponents and are yet underdogs probably because Philadelphia won a super bowl two years ago. 

Shocking that people think a team with a lot of the same players that won the Superbowl and another playoff game last year dare be considered a favorite, AT HOME, over a team that went 5-11 with a lot of the same players. Shocking stuff. 

The Honolulu Blue Kool Aid drinking is strong with this one. TP has some competition.

I think the Lions could win this game but I'm not under any delusion that they are favorites. A win like this would give them some credibility, I'll say that much.

It is pretty remarkable that most here are completely ignoring the fact that eagles won the Super Bowl because of a crazy run by Nick Foles.  It wasn’t because the eagles were fully superior to anyone. Guy got on a heater. He doesn’t play for the eagles anymore. 

2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

It is pretty remarkable that most here are completely ignoring the fact that eagles won the Super Bowl because of a crazy run by Nick Foles.  It wasn’t because the eagles were fully superior to anyone. Guy got on a heater. He doesn’t play for the eagles anymore. 

They went 11-2 with Wentz and were beating the Rams I believe when he went down. It was all Foles though.

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

I wish we had a team/coach that could get us to a Super Bowl. I have no idea how that feels, as a fan. But if memory serves me correctly, the Eagles had to win some playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. The Lions won their only playoff game in my lifetime 28 years ago. And I'm almost 60 years old.

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They went 11-2 with Wentz and were beating the Rams I believe when he went down. It was all Foles though.

Give it up. The loser mentality of the Detroit Lions has infected these homer's logic. If they're willing to accept 64 years of losing, it's not up to us to prove why they're wrong. Certain brainwashing is untreatable. : )

11 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Shocking that people think a team with a lot of the same players that won the Superbowl and another playoff game last year dare be considered a favorite, AT HOME, over a team that went 5-11 with a lot of the same players. Shocking stuff. 

The Honolulu Blue Kool Aid drinking is strong with this one. TP has some competition.

I think the Lions could win this game but I'm not under any delusion that they are favorites. A win like this would give them some credibility, I'll say that much.

When do we start looking at the Eagles team that is 6-7 with Wentz as a starter since the Super Bowl and not as the team that won the Super Bowl? This has nothing to do with the Lions but the fact the Eagles are being overrated. Not playing the Super Bowl Eagles from two years ago. Playing the team that was dominated for a half by a bad Washington team and lost to a very pedestrian looking Falcons team that was blown out the week earlier. 

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Give it up. The loser mentality of the Detroit Lions has infected these homer's logic. If they're willing to accept 64 years of losing, it's not up to us to prove why they're wrong. Certain brainwashing is untreatable. : )

This doesn't make sense. Loser mentality means that you are some irrational Homer because you think the Lions can beat an overrated Eagles team? It's not brainwashing to assume the Lions will lose every game though. This is about the Eagles and not the Lions. 

Jarrad Davis is not on the inactive list.

Jackson and Jeffery are inactive for the Eagles, as expected.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

When do we start looking at the Eagles team that is 6-7 with Wentz as a starter since the Super Bowl and not as the team that won the Super Bowl? This has nothing to do with the Lions but the fact the Eagles are being overrated. Not playing the Super Bowl Eagles from two years ago. Playing the team that was dominated for a half by a bad Washington team and lost to a very pedestrian looking Falcons team that was blown out the week earlier. 

The Lions blew a 24-6 fourth quarter lead to one of the worst teams in the league and were manhandled most of the second half against the Chargers but were saved by the Chargers imploding.

Both teams haven't come out of the gate strong but one team has winning pedigree while the other doesn't and the team with the winning pedigree is the favorite at home even with the injuries. Why is this controversial to you? It doesn't mean the Lions can't win or that the Eagles are some unstoppable force. It just means that the Eagles are rightfully favorites.

It also is purely reflective of the betting public.  6.5 is where bet money is evenly split between the teams.

There isn't anything else to read into it.

7 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The Lions blew a 24-6 fourth quarter lead to one of the worst teams in the league and were manhandled most of the second half against the Chargers but were saved by the Chargers imploding.

Both teams haven't come out of the gate strong but one team has winning pedigree while the other doesn't and the team with the winning pedigree is the favorite at home even with the injuries. Why is this controversial to you? It doesn't mean the Lions can't win or that the Eagles are some unstoppable force. It just means that the Eagles are rightfully favorites.

The Eagles were manhandled by an even worse Washington team for an entire half. Arizona went into Baltimore and played a close game and Murray had a better overall game against a better Ravens defense. Philadelphia then lost to an Atlanta team that got manhandled by Minnesota. Ryan even threw three interceptions and the Eagles still lost. Why is so controversial that Philadelphia could be overrated? 

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Eagles were manhandled by an even worse Washington team for an entire half. Arizona went into Baltimore and played a close game and Murray had a better overall game against a better Ravens defense. Philadelphia then lost to an Atlanta team that got manhandled by Minnesota. Ryan even threw three interceptions and the Eagles still lost. Why is so controversial that Philadelphia could be overrated? 

I never said the Eagles weren't overrated.

8 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I never said the Eagles weren't overrated.

That's what I have been saying for some time now and you seem to be disputing that. 

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This doesn't make sense. Loser mentality means that you are some irrational Homer because you think the Lions can beat an overrated Eagles team? It's not brainwashing to assume the Lions will lose every game though. This is about the Eagles and not the Lions. 

The Eagles are favored by 6 points. The Eagles are at home. It would be an upset if the Lions win.

Which of these statements are false?

The Eagles are favored by 6 points. The Eagles are at home. It would be an upset if the Lions win.

Which of these statements are false?

I don't care about Vegas betting odds. Most of the public is like you who assumes the Lions will lose every game. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I don't care about Vegas betting odds. Most of the public is like you who assumes the Lions will lose every game. 

So you refuse to admit the truth? The Lions are on the road and underdogs?

The Lions best chance is if the Eagles overlook us and look forward to their upcoming Thursday night game.

So you refuse to admit the truth? The Lions are on the road and underdogs?

The Lions best chance is if the Eagles overlook us and look forward to their upcoming Thursday night game.

The Eagles were favored to beat Atlanta. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Eagles were favored to beat Atlanta. 

The Lions were favored to beat Arizona.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Well, they didn't lose to Arizona. 

Wow. They didn't cover the spread. And they didn't win.

Parity in the NFL creates teams that are very close in talent. So the one advantage a team can have is better coaching. And home field advantage. That's the reason the Eagles are favored. Reality,  face it.

I’m in one of those gambling pools and I took the points today.   Think the Lions have a great shot here.   

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’m in one of those gambling pools and I took the points today.   Think the Lions have a great shot here.   

I predicted the Lions to cover. I hope they win and I'll be rooting for them.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Wow. They didn't cover the spread. And they didn't win.

Parity in the NFL creates teams that are very close in talent. So the one advantage a team can have is better coaching. And home field advantage. That's the reason the Eagles are favored. Reality,  face it.

Well, Philadelphia didn't cover the spread against Washington either. They also lost to Atlanta while favored. Since the odds maker are 0-2 on Philadelphia, why do you trust them so much?