RedRamage

At Eagles Pre-game chatter

7 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I know I’m going to regret going down this rabbit hole with you MB, but here goes nothing: 

Eagles have more talent on OL, DL, LB, RB, TE

Lions have more talent on DB

QB is the very similar with Philadelphia having the younger version of the same thing   

WR would normally be a slight edge to Eagles but definitely is Lions favor this week.  

After watching Wentz take rib shots and Stafford staying upright against arguably one of the best pass rushing duos in the league, not sure I agree with the OL.

Philadelphia averages fewer yards per carry than the Lions, but if you want to give the edge to Philadelphia there, sure. I'll take Kerryon over Miles Sanders. Maybe they get the Jordan Howard of old.

The Eagles secondary is pretty bad.

They have no healthy receivers. Ertz is one of the best TE in the game so they have the advantage there even though the Lions have good TEs.

Wentz has been worse than Stafford so far this year.

The Lions have talent on the defensive line. Coming into the season, a lot of people believed the Lions had the most talented DL in the league. They haven't lived up to expectations.

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Lol ok.

You know they won a playoff game year last season as well and Wentz is the one who won most of the games in the Superbowl season. So you're saying that Files is better than Wentz and that Foles is pretty much the reason why they won the Superbowl? I can't see any legit argument for picking the Lions coaching staff over the Eagles, none.

With all due respect, you're a homer and it shows. There's no objectivity in your assessment.

They won a playoff game they shouldn't have won. I don't give a **** about what Philadelphia did two years ago. They aren't the same team. Being a Lions fan apparently means you just constantly complain about the team and predict they lose every game. Philadelphia so far this year has played worse against worse competition. Their coaching staff pretty much lost their last game by constantly calling a blitz that Atlanta torched them on. You would be crucifying Patricia if he did that.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

They won a playoff game they shouldn't have won. I don't give a **** about what Philadelphia did two years ago. They aren't the same team. Being a Lions fan apparently means you just constantly complain about the team and predict they lose every game. Philadelphia so far this year has played worse against worse competition. Their coaching staff pretty much lost their last game by constantly calling a blitz that Atlanta torched them on. You would be crucifying Patricia if he did that.

They are pretty much the same team (as much as a team can stay the same in the NFL).

Regardless, none of that matters. This is about the coaching staffs and I don't see any argument for picking the Lions coaches over the Eagles coaches. It's an argument for the sake of creating an argument.

I also don't see any argument for saying the Lions are better than the Eagles.

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

After watching Wentz take rib shots and Stafford staying upright against arguably one of the best pass rushing duos in the league, not sure I agree with the OL.

Philadelphia averages fewer yards per carry than the Lions, but if you want to give the edge to Philadelphia there, sure. I'll take Kerryon over Miles Sanders. Maybe they get the Jordan Howard of old.

The Eagles secondary is pretty bad.

They have no healthy receivers. Ertz is one of the best TE in the game so they have the advantage there even though the Lions have good TEs.

Wentz has been worse than Stafford so far this year.

The Lions have talent on the defensive line. Coming into the season, a lot of people believed the Lions had the most talented DL in the league. They haven't lived up to expectations.

Jason Peters is better than any offensive lineman the Lions have had in the entire history of the franchise.    Lane Johnson has been to the last 2 pro bowls.   That in itself is enough to be more talented than what the Lions bring. 

Miles and Kerryon were drafted in similar spots. KJ was impressive in limited duty last year and probably has the slight edge now.  Howard, Clement and a 78 year old Darren Sprites are much, much better than a 6th round rookie and a street free agent in Johnson and McKissic.   

19 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

OK...follow along. All that blitzing against the Lions could create several turnovers. Those turnovers may lead to multiple touchdowns for the Eagles. Maybe they'll get burned a time or two, IF Stafford doesn't get his bell rung.

But the single, most important thing is this: the Lions are the road team. Average to mediocre teams don't usually win road games against quality opponents in the NFL. And even with all the injuries, the Eagles are the favored team. Do I want the Lions to win? Of course. Do I expect them to win? No, sorry. Nothing I have seen from them this season has me confident they'll win. A 3 point win, at home, against the Chargers? A win is a win and I'll take it. But the Chargers missed 2 field goals, fumbled at the Lions 1 yard line and threw a pick going in for the winning drive. That doesn't inspire much confidence that the Lions can go on the road and beat a better team than the team they tied against on the road. I would take the Lions with the points but straight up, I can see the Eagles beating us.

The Eagles are better than average at most positions.    They are horrible in the secondary, which is not a good place to be in the current pass first NFL.  They should really consider trying to make Jalen Ramsey happen. 

I can't wait until the K.C. game to read Motown Bomber defending the Lions chances. Oh boy, that'll be hard to do after they lose to Philly. 😀

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

The Eagles are better than average at most positions.    They are horrible in the secondary, which is not a good place to be in the current pass first NFL.  They should really consider trying to make Jalen Ramsey happen. 

Yes, they should. But even if he's traded before Sunday, he's not eligible to play this week since his team played the Thursday night game.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

They are pretty much the same team (as much as a team can stay the same in the NFL).

Regardless, none of that matters. This is about the coaching staffs and I don't see any argument for picking the Lions coaches over the Eagles coaches. It's an argument for the sake of creating an argument.

I also don't see any argument for saying the Lions are better than the Eagles.

Never really said anything about the Lions vs Eagles coaching. Just find it humorous how enamoured people are with the coaching that has a former Lion coach and whose play calling probably lost them their last game. 

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Jason Peters is better than any offensive lineman the Lions have had in the entire history of the franchise.    Lane Johnson has been to the last 2 pro bowls.   That in itself is enough to be more talented than what the Lions bring. 

Miles and Kerryon were drafted in similar spots. KJ was impressive in limited duty last year and probably has the slight edge now.  Howard, Clement and a 78 year old Darren Sprites are much, much better than a 6th round rookie and a street free agent in Johnson and McKissic.   

Yet that offensive line nearly got Wentz killed whereas Stafford managed to stay upright against a more talented pass rush. Despite being much, much better, Philadelphia is one of the worst rushing team in the league and average fewer YPC than the Lions. 

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

OK...follow along. All that blitzing against the Lions could create several turnovers. Those turnovers may lead to multiple touchdowns for the Eagles. Maybe they'll get burned a time or two, IF Stafford doesn't get his bell rung.

But the single, most important thing is this: the Lions are the road team. Average to mediocre teams don't usually win road games against quality opponents in the NFL. And even with all the injuries, the Eagles are the favored team. Do I want the Lions to win? Of course. Do I expect them to win? No, sorry. Nothing I have seen from them this season has me confident they'll win. A 3 point win, at home, against the Chargers? A win is a win and I'll take it. But the Chargers missed 2 field goals, fumbled at the Lions 1 yard line and threw a pick going in for the winning drive. That doesn't inspire much confidence that the Lions can go on the road and beat a better team than the team they tied against on the road. I would take the Lions with the points but straight up, I can see the Eagles beating us.

OK....Follow along. The Eagles did force 3 interceptions and still lost. To an Atlanta that got absolutely manhandled the week before by Minnesota. Maybe it was Wentz's 58% completion percentage, 2 interceptions and 61.3 QB rating. Philadelphia averaged 2.3 YPC against a team the week before that gave up 172 yards and 4.5 YPC. Again, you go by what you've seen but have you actually watched the Eagles?The protection was so bad that Wentz was knocked out of the game for a series. 

58 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I can't wait until the K.C. game to read Motown Bomber defending the Lions chances. Oh boy, that'll be hard to do after they lose to Philly. 😀

Never said they would be Kansas City. This is more about Philadelphia than the Lions. 

Looking at QB stats, in terms of average time to throw, Stafford actually is slightly ahead of Wentz. In terms of expected completion percentage, Stafford's is about 4% lower than Wentz's but Stafford's actual completion percentage is higher than Wentz's because Stafford has outperformed his expected completion percentage by over 4% (6th best in the league) vs Wentz who has underperformed his. So far this year, Stafford has outplayed Wentz. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Looking at QB stats, in terms of average time to throw, Stafford actually is slightly ahead of Wentz. In terms of expected completion percentage, Stafford's is about 4% lower than Wentz's but Stafford's actual completion percentage is higher than Wentz's because Stafford has outperformed his expected completion percentage by over 4% (6th best in the league) vs Wentz who has underperformed his. So far this year, Stafford has outplayed Wentz. 

You're probably right with all those stats and every argument you make is valid. The Lions, on paper, should win this game. But....its still the Lions. And the Lions thing to do is lose....I hope I'm wrong Sunday afternoon but I won't be as crushed as if I thought they were going to win. There's a reason they are underdogs. I think they'll cover...but not win.

7 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I like to focus on the current state of the team. Patricia has more rings anyways. 

like charlie weis and romeo crennell.

whatever team hires those guys is totally going to win so many championships!

5 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

The eagles are a pretty average football team.  

And it would be an upset if the Lions won.

6 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Why are you openly rooting for the lions to lose?  

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

And it would be an upset if the Lions won.

Based on betting odds, yeah.  But so what?

No one would be surprised if the lions win this weekend.  

8 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Based on betting odds, yeah.  But so what?

No one would be surprised if the lions win this weekend.  

You speak for everyone? I'm sure there are many, many people who would be totally shocked if the Lions won. Especially the folks who bet the Eagles.

9 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Why are you openly rooting for the lions to lose?  

Rooting against them? No, I want them to win. It would make my day. I was just stating the obvious, they are the underdogs. And if they win, it would be an upset.

17 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Never said they would be Kansas City. This is more about Philadelphia than the Lions. 

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm sure a lot of people were betting on the Eagles in the Super Bowl. 

So which is it? Detroit and Philly this week or Philly in the Super Bowl 2 years ago? : )

33 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Philly is going to do to the Lions what Wisconsin did to Michigan today.   

Nah.  There isn’t much parallel in the lions and wolverines this season.  Lions have an identity: strong armed QB who will sling it to win games (and can) and a D that has been average with a DL that can’t elevate their game.  

It will be another close game.  

Smart money coming in on the Lions at +6.5.  Philly is really beat up.  Lions have a chance to steal this game.

If the Lions win here and lose to the Chiefs, coming out of the first four games at 2-1-1 would be a real accomplishment.  

But first thing's first, have to beat the Iggles.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

Smart money coming in on the Lions at +6.5.  Philly is really beat up.  Lions have a chance to steal this game.

If the Lions win here and lose to the Chiefs, coming out of the first four games at 2-1-1 would be a minor miracle.  

But first thing's first, have to beat the Iggles.

FIFY