IdahoBert

2019-2020 OFFSEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

3-2 Washington heading to the 8th. The Astros have left 10 men on base.

I think networks pan to the crowd too often but at least Houston you don't have a bunch of fans with their hands in the praying steeple positions like with annoying Red Sox fans.

Astros have 6 outs left to score at least 2, or Max and Anibal get their ex-Tiger rings.

And since folks are giving updates, I just took a corn-laden dump. Which is weird because I haven't eaten corn in weeks.

3 minutes ago, leflore said:

And since folks are giving updates, I just took a corn-laden dump. Which is weird because I haven't eaten corn in weeks.

It sounds like one of the plagues called down upon the pharaoh in Egypt.

6-2 Nationals, still batting in the top of the 9th. Darn, while I prefer Washington win, I mostly wanted a close dramatic finish. 4-2 Washington and the Astros getting the first two men on base in the bottom of the 9th would have been ideal.

so the 4 starters from the 2012 World series losing team are all going to have WS wins with other teams.

Isn't that just spiffy?

I feel like an orphan peeking through the window of the home where he used to live and seeing the pencil marks on the door frame where his parents recorded his height. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice shot on TV of Anibal and Max hugging and screaming "we won it all"......wish it was the Detroit uni but good for them.

10 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I feel like an orphan peeking through the window of the home where he used to live and seeing the pencil marks on the door frame where his parents recorded his height. 

pretty much.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Important update: I missed the first inning, watched the 2nd and 3rd innings, listened to the 4th and now with the score 1-0 Houston in the bottom of the 5th I intend to watch it straight through the rest of the way. Except for a 10 minute shower I need to take at some point. 

Strange but true.

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

The Rule V party at Liston's house starts the night before.  It's Rule 5 because Liston got a Rule V banner on sale.  

Most people know this already but when you get here on Wednesday night, park at the church around the corner.  They didn't like it, but what could they do?  There wasn't nothing they could do about it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Nice way to describe it. I think about some 10 year old kids in D.C. allowed to stay up and watch it. That final strikeout swing and miss will be etched on their brains for 50 or more years. An outstanding series. Congrats to the Nats and their fans. 

Look how many players were in this series who were drafted and developed by that system. At least a gazillion. Will Detroit ever develop a Soto? 

8 minutes ago, leflore said:

Look how many players were in this series who were drafted and developed by that system. At least a gazillion. Will Detroit ever develop a Soto? 

Nobody will. He's a freak.

15 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

The seventh game of the 1968 World Series took only 2:07

4CB3F769-77BA-4BD8-85D8-C7C9494DBD8A.thumb.jpeg.94cf631c8926170a56bc5b75d4f7eefe.jpeg

Of course it was a short game.  They all had to get to their offseason jobs at the hardware store or at the foundry.