Jump to content

IdahoBert

2019-2020 OFFSEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

You want the Yankees to win?  

Wow.  Did you fall on your head?

 

48 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I'd rather root for Verlander than the Evil Empire. And it's not even close.

Astros versus Nationals so we can see a Verlander-vs-Scherzer matchup...!!!

I want to make @smr-nj happy. If I can’t be happy myself I want to make at least somebody else happy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

 

I want to make @smr-nj happy. If I can’t be happy myself I want to make at least somebody else happy.

Thank you, Bert!! 😁

 

89476C00-F1FF-4055-9892-7C10462E64A4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Thank you, Bert!! 😁

 

89476C00-F1FF-4055-9892-7C10462E64A4.jpeg

You are a real Yankee fan and not some hick in the sticks in northeast Wyoming who just wants to root for a historically great team that wins a lot. You grew up with the Yankees just like I’ve grown up with the Tigers. I think you deserve a little happiness in your life.  

Also, I’m not man enough to watch Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander pitch against each other in a World Series that essentially means nothing to me. I find it galling and eviscerating. So I have both noble and less than noble reasons for negating my usual attitude toward baseball’s Great Satan. 😇

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Yankees are just ahead of the Red Sox and North Korea on my list of least favorites.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you kidding!?!? I think Kim Jong Un would make a great GM in Motown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Anibal is also on the Nats so we could see 3/5 of our old starting rotation starting in the World Series 5 years after we last made the playoffs. 

Anibal pitching for the Nats vs the Cards tonight .. and Anibal has allowed 0 hits through the first 5 innings .. with only 56 pitches so far.

This is the same Anibal Sanchez who was totally TOTALLY washed up during his final 2+ years with the Tigers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait. Anibal is still in baseball?   And starting in the semis?  

How?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clayton Kershaw is probably sitting at home wondering "what does Anibal Sanchez have that I don't"? No hits through 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anibal finally gives up a hit with 2 outs in the 8th inning.  EXCELLENT performance for Anibal.  I am happy for him.  Only a 2-0 lead and Anibal at 103 pitches .. I think they should pull him now and give it to the bullpen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gmoney said:

The Yankees are just ahead of the Red Sox and North Korea on my list of least favorites.

I'm with ya, with the Celtics also in the mix. "Bird stole the ******* ball"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just making a rough list of players who might be available for the rule V draft and the first pick:

Marcus Wilson OF Boston

Kevin Cron 1b Arizona

Jose Siri OF Cincinnati

Zach Burdi RP Chisox

Jared Walsh 1b/LHP Angels

DJ Peters OF/1b Dodgers

Nick Gordon SS Twins

Jorge Mateo SS/OF Oakland

Greg Deichmann OF Oakland

Buddy Reed OF Padres

Taylor Hearn LHP Rangers

Some of these players are on the roster, like Hearn; but may be in danger of losing 40 man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Just making a rough list of players who might be available for the rule V draft and the first pick:

Marcus Wilson OF Boston

Kevin Cron 1b Arizona

Jose Siri OF Cincinnati

Zach Burdi RP Chisox

Jared Walsh 1b/LHP Angels

DJ Peters OF/1b Dodgers

Nick Gordon SS Twins

Jorge Mateo SS/OF Oakland

Greg Deichmann OF Oakland

Buddy Reed OF Padres

Taylor Hearn LHP Rangers

Some of these players are on the roster, like Hearn; but may be in danger of losing 40 man.

Which Tigers may be available on the Rule V ..if the Tigers do not add them to their own 40?

I read an  article earlier this week that claimed the Tigers may not have enough room on their own 40 to protect all their own ..which I found highly remarkable since IMHO the Tigers current 40 has at least 20 players whom I see no good reason to retain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think there aren't 40 guys in the organization that you would need to protect.

How many weak hitting position players or pitchers who get lit up do the Tigers need to protect?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Yankees have won a WS in every decade except the 1900’s, 1910’s, 1980’s, and 2010’s.   This is their last year obviously.  
 

in some ways I think the Yanks are underrated.  Meaning the casual person/fan assumes it’s still all about just huge payrolls and they do it the easy way.  That’s not been true for a very long time. In my opinion the Red Sox surpasses them in the evil empire category.  A sense of entitlement. 
I don’t mind rooting for them especially with Girardi gone.  He was a huge crybaby.  He always talked to the umpires like a person complaining to the manager about their food. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

Yep .. pulled Anibal.  Can be the winner ..but cannot be the loser.  

see Brad? Managing is not that hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gmoney said:

You would think there aren't 40 guys in the organization that you would need to protect.

How many weak hitting position players or pitchers who get lit up do the Tigers need to protect?

 

There aren't many guys on the 25-man that are worth protecting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Oblong said:

The Yankees have won a WS in every decade except the 1900’s, 1910’s, 1980’s, and 2010’s.   This is their last year obviously.  
 

in some ways I think the Yanks are underrated.  Meaning the casual person/fan assumes it’s still all about just huge payrolls and they do it the easy way.  That’s not been true for a very long time. In my opinion the Red Sox surpasses them in the evil empire category.  A sense of entitlement. 
I don’t mind rooting for them especially with Girardi gone.  He was a huge crybaby.  He always talked to the umpires like a person complaining to the manager about their food. 

yankees fans definitely have a sense of entitlement, but its earned.  they are the greatest franchise in baseball history.

red sox fans have a sense of entitlement that is unearned.  their entitlement comes from their massachusetts, east coast arrogance and assumption that their experience is somehow better than everyone else's.

**** those massholes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

There aren't many guys on the 25-man that are worth protecting.

Just off the 40 man that is on the Tiger's MLB site I can come up with a dozen guys that I'd not protect or just prune off:

Hicks, Beckham (gone anyway), Mercer, R. Rodriguez, Zimmermann (yeah I'd DFA him), Stumpf, Ross (gone anyway), Reininger, Moore (gone anyway), E. Jackson( gone anyway), Victor Alcantara, Matt Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

see Brad? Managing is not that hard.

But Sanchez pitched deeper into the game than he did under Ausmus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oblong said:

The Yankees have won a WS in every decade except the 1900’s, 1910’s, 1980’s, and 2010’s.   This is their last year obviously.  
 

in some ways I think the Yanks are underrated.  Meaning the casual person/fan assumes it’s still all about just huge payrolls and they do it the easy way.  That’s not been true for a very long time. In my opinion the Red Sox surpasses them in the evil empire category.  A sense of entitlement. 
I don’t mind rooting for them especially with Girardi gone.  He was a huge crybaby.  He always talked to the umpires like a person complaining to the manager about their food. 

Boone whines every bit as much as Girardi did.  The Yankees have a sense of entitlement; they believe every single call should be in their favor or they complain bitterly.  I hope the Astros crush them.

But I would definitely rate the Red Sox, Cubs, and Phillies below them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oblong said:

The Yankees have won a WS in every decade except the 1900’s, 1910’s, 1980’s, and 2010’s.   This is their last year obviously.  
 

in some ways I think the Yanks are underrated.  Meaning the casual person/fan assumes it’s still all about just huge payrolls and they do it the easy way.  That’s not been true for a very long time. In my opinion the Red Sox surpasses them in the evil empire category.  A sense of entitlement. 
I don’t mind rooting for them especially with Girardi gone.  He was a huge crybaby.  He always talked to the umpires like a person complaining to the manager about their food. 

Remember 2018 off season ..when it was reported that Ausmus turned down the opportunity to interview for the then-open Yankee managerial job?   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...