IdahoBert

2019-2020 OFFSEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Sounding like MLB is going to experience some games with no fan attendance. The Mariners have already decided to play their first home series with no fans in the house due to the virus. Getting serious league wide in all major sports. 

This is why they shouldn't be playing games in northern cities in March and April. /sarcasm

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

Sounding like MLB is going to experience some games with no fan attendance. The Mariners have already decided to play their first home series with no fans in the house due to the virus. Getting serious league wide in all major sports. 

Tigers should have a huge advantage.  They are already used to playing with no fans in attendance.  

NBA has suspended their season until further notice.

I can’t help but believe that MLB is going to have suspend operations. 

18 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I can’t help but believe that MLB is going to have suspend operations. 

outside in the Sunshine would be one of the safest places to be, but for the cloudy days, the crowded concourses, the concession stands, lavatories.....

I say they should just suspend the season till atleast May and either mix in as many double headers as you can throughout the season or just don't make up those games at all and play a shortened season.    

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I say they should just suspend the season till atleast May and either mix in as many double headers as you can throughout the season or just don't make up those games at all and play a shortened season.    

Yup - You could play a 100 game season and the fans will still love the game.

I'd also be fine with them playing without spectators till then and that may be the best option.   For one thing I feel that baseball is a sport where spectators make the least amount of difference as far as the outcome of the game and enjoyment of watching on TV and for another outside of opening day I think for most teams April attendances are lower than other months particularly the cold weather teams that play mostly day games throughout the week so from the owner's perspective they wouldn't be losing as much money.  

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This is going to kill the sports betting industry. 

meh - gambling never goes away, only the people making the profit from it change.

34 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This is going to kill the sports betting industry. 

oh, they'll still have the horses out there. They don't care about the horses...

But I bet the Kentucky Derby gets run without jockeys...

On 3/12/2020 at 12:15 AM, Chili Mac Davis said:

oh, they'll still have the horses out there. They don't care about the horses...

But I bet the Kentucky Derby gets run without jockeys...

p1414_v_v8_ad.jpg

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Finally an article about Roberto Campos,  this proves that he is indeed a real live baseball player.  I was starting to have my doubts. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2020/03/15/detroit-tigers-top-prospects-roberto-campos-cuba/5049080002/

I saw that article this morning. 16 years old and being compared to Miguel Cabrera. Bring him up!

MLB clubs have committed $30M -- $1M apiece -- to assist the ballpark employees affected by the delayed start to our season.

I think this is great. However, minor league players are still getting the shaft.

39 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

I'll stick with APBA

Cards or BBW?