Jump to content

IdahoBert

2019-2020 OFFSEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

Recommended Posts


I have grown tired of all of the Paredes jokes about his weight. That said, he looks pretty damn husky in that video. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Statcast has just released their Outs Above Average defensive stats for infielders. 
 

The entire projected starting infield for the tigers is above average. Niko grades out quite well at SS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I have grown tired of all of the Paredes jokes about his weight. That said, he looks pretty damn husky in that video. 

He's just big-boned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I have grown tired of all of the Paredes jokes about his weight. That said, he looks pretty damn husky in that video. 

If we stick with it a little while longer, it will become funny again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MLB will create a solution to a problem that doesn't exist and allow designated runners to run out plate appearances for certain hitters.  Nook Logan will be brought back to be be Paredes' personal base runnner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The Tigers announced that OF Brandon Dixon has cleared waivers and has been outrighted to Triple A Toledo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Hauss, The Tigers just got Eric Haase from the Indians.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He is no real Hauss

Does he have a brother nicknamed "Little Joe'?

Does he live on the Ponderosa ?

Can he spin a tale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shelton said:

That said, he looks pretty damn husky in that video. 

He's still a young growing boy.  Just wait until he fills out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, theroundsquare said:

I could feel the earth shake with each of his steps!

 

maxresdefault.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Speaking of Hauss, The Tigers just got Eric Haase from the Indians.  

"A Man Called Horse". I always mixed that guy with "Little Big Man" for some reason.

Not sure why we need Haase. Dude can hit the long ball. Not sure if he's minor league fodder or a rival with Greiner to back up the guy we got from the Yankees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

"A Man Called Horse". I always mixed that guy with "Little Big Man" for some reason.

Not sure why we need Haase. Dude can hit the long ball. Not sure if he's minor league fodder or a rival with Greiner to back up the guy we got from the Yankees.

Depth, has an option and will compete with Greiner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

There must be 50 people in that entire ballpark.

They were all over watching Steve Nebraska

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atleast he'll be accustomed to what the environment will be like at Copa if he gets called up this year.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BP is out with the Tigers' Prospect Rankings. Makes sense to me, especially the State of the System overview, although I think I know exactly which part is going to mightily exercise folks here.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/56270/2020-prospects-detroit-tigers-top-10-prospects/

The State of the System: It’s a very good top three, a pretty good top five, and then, well the system is not nearly as deep as you’d want at this point in the uh “planned reconstruction process.”

The Top Ten:

Casey Mize, RHP
Matt Manning, RHP
Riley Greene, OF
Tarik Skubal, LHP
Joey Wentz, LHP
Isaac Paredes, IF
Alex Faedo, RHP
Daz Cameron, OF
Beau Burrows, RHP
Parker Meadows, OF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chasfh said:

BP is out with the Tigers' Prospect Rankings. Makes sense to me, especially the State of the System overview, although I think I know exactly which part is going to mightily exercise folks here.

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/56270/2020-prospects-detroit-tigers-top-10-prospects/

The State of the System: It’s a very good top three, a pretty good top five, and then, well the system is not nearly as deep as you’d want at this point in the uh “planned reconstruction process.”

The Top Ten:

Casey Mize, RHP
Matt Manning, RHP
Riley Greene, OF
Tarik Skubal, LHP
Joey Wentz, LHP
Isaac Paredes, IF
Alex Faedo, RHP
Daz Cameron, OF
Beau Burrows, RHP
Parker Meadows, OF

Which part would that be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...