IdahoBert

2019-2020 OFFSEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

That's darn good but it would be perfect if the dookie landed on Ramirez's head. I hate that Tiger killer

13 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Rumor is Castellanos to the Angels, 4 years, $380 million.      They're really going for it , aren't they? 

At only $380 million for 4 years .. I'd say they have greatly undervalued Castellanos!  I'd also say Nick will probably not accept.

I just crushed Christmas morning.  I had put the word out that I was looking for Ball Four, which I haven't read since 1970.  There it was, under the tree.  And also, The Tigers of '68, written by George Cantor in 1997.  I don't know which one to read first.

Oh and also Testimony by Robbie Robertson, which I bought for myself and threw it under the tree.

I win.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, leflore said:

Have you guys seen the Battered Bastards of Baseball?

Is that the new book on the 2019 Tigers?  

White Sox sign Encarnacion.

As long as they don't have to field or pitch, they could be pretty good this year!

8 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

I just crushed Christmas morning.  I had put the word out that I was looking for Ball Four, which I haven't read since 1970.  There it was, under the tree.  And also, The Tigers of '68, written by George Cantor in 1997.  I don't know which one to read first.

Oh and also Testimony by Robbie Robertson, which I bought for myself and threw it under the tree.

I win.

I just finished George Cantor’s, ‘Tigers of ‘68,’ a couple of months ago. You absolutely can’t go wrong picking this one up first. Great read!

1 hour ago, leflore said:

Have you guys seen the Battered Bastards of Baseball?

The 2019 Tigers.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Is that the new book on the 2019 Tigers?  

Lol......Jim Bouton is in the documentary. Good flick. Would have been a hoot to have a beer with Bouton

3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Edwin Encarnacion to the White Sox.  One less team for Nick C.  Good.  **** him.

youre going to be so pissed when castellanos signs for $20 million per year.

I think the White Sox have a strong chance to win or atleast compete in the Central this year.    I think Cease will be better his 2nd  year, plus they added Keuchel so if Giolito can build off his break out year last year the rotation could be good enough.  

Grandal should also provide help to their young staff to go along with being a plus offensively.    Edwin, Abreu, Moancada and Eloy give them plenty of pop as well.  I'm not the biggest believer in Tim Anderson, I think he may regress a bit from last year but other than him I don't see any real regression candidates from them.    

11:00am: Moore is guaranteed $3.5MM on a one-year deal with the Hawks and can earn an additional $2.5MM via incentives, MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports (Twitter link).

10:10am: Free-agent lefty Matt Moore has signed with the SoftBank Hawks of Japan’s Nippon Professional Baseball, per a team announcement (link via the Japan Times). He’s represented by Apex Baseball.