IdahoBert

2019-2020 OFFSEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Ryu signs with Toronto, 4 years/$80.

Most of the big free agents are off the board before Christmas—very different offseason compared to the last three.

Toronto has their young studs on the clock. They're moving on up. Not necessarily on the East side to a deluxe apartment in the sky though. Maybe.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

This needs to be Jonathan's walk-up music.

A running joke a couple buddies and I have about Schoop is when he comes up to bat, or in conversation or something, and one of us starts "singing": "Scope ... scope-eh-dope ... scope-eh-dope ... scope-eh-dope-eh-dope-eh-dope ..."

7 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Most of the big free agents are off the board before Christmas—very different offseason compared to the last three.

Where's Casti gonna go? Cleveland?

On 12/22/2019 at 11:01 AM, chasfh said:

I believe the exact quote is: 彼らはまだたわごとのように遊ぶ.

Yes, but I didn't want to show off.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, LeeCorrie said:

Is it Derek Hill’s time?  He could be a valuable defensive replacement, pinch runner and even platoon with Stewart.

I'll believe its Derek Hill's time when he falls out of a canoe and hits water.

15 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

That's a weird signing.  He's only pitched 100 or more innings twice in the last 6 years.  Last year he pitched like a #1 or #2 - so $20 million per year is good value.  On the other hand he is a 32-year-old fat guy.  I don't think that I like this contract - pay for 4 years, hope for 1.

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

That's a weird signing.  He's only pitched 100 or more innings twice in the last 6 years.  Last year he pitched like a #1 or #2 - so $20 million per year is good value.  On the other hand he is a 32-year-old fat guy.  I don't think that I like this contract - pay for 4 years, hope for 1.

BB6DC848-B06E-4EF0-A0C3-CDFE334EF562.jpeg

On 12/21/2019 at 10:19 PM, chasfh said:

Between some good signings and farm pieces finally maturing, those guys are really close. They've suddenly put themselves in the playoff conversation for this season. Should be interesting.

I don't like that team.

10 hours ago, chasfh said:

BB6DC848-B06E-4EF0-A0C3-CDFE334EF562.jpeg

What does he have in is hand?  Is that a 10 pound jawbreaker?  A candy apple?  An oversized cake pop?

I’m really annoyed how I’m starting to get hopeful. Hope is like an addiction where the first one is free and it costs more and more until you’re hopelessly tied to an infirm destiny you could’ve foreseen but chose to ignore. 

27 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m really annoyed how I’m starting to get hopeful. Hope is like an addiction where the first one is free and it costs more and more until you’re hopelessly tied to an infirm destiny you could’ve foreseen but chose to ignore. 

"Hope is a dangerous thing."

-Red, Shawshank Redemption

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Dont worry, the additions of Cron and Schoop only improve us to 50 wins.

3 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

Dont worry, the additions of Cron and Schoop only improve us to 50 wins.

But, what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if..., what if....... etc. And furthermore.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Be hopeful their prize pitching recruits stay healthy and progress.

Be hopeful Miggy can rekindle some of that magic and start chasing records.

The rest of the major league roster is garbage.

This might be the last chance Miggy has to prove to the rest of us that he hasn't become garbage, himself.

28 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This might be the last chance Miggy has to prove to the rest of us that he hasn't become garbage, himself.

Miggy is down to 215 lbs. 

.Unfortunately, that's just his top half.

14 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Bartolo's book "Big Sexy" comes out in April. Father's Day material?

He’s one guy I wish had played for the Tigers.