Keepleyland2

9/17 @7:10 Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Indians

It would almost be worth potentially sacrificing the first pick to sweep the Indians and make sure they miss the playoffs.  God I hate that team. 

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It would almost be worth potentially sacrificing the first pick to sweep the Indians and make sure they miss the playoffs.  God I hate that team. 

I'm more of the line I hope they make the wild card and Oakland blows them out 87-2. Hopes up, then hopes gone in a flash. 

The Orioles give up 4 in the 9th to blow the game.  They aren't giving up the number 1 pick without a fight.

I'm 90 percent sure we have this but in the back of my mind Im worried that we're gonna go all 2003 Tigers the last week of the season and blow it.  

7 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Lynn and I disagree on many, many things but I've found he's a fine fellow to have a civil conversation with and more than that he's very willing to do so with almost anyone.

This is true.  He is one of the more accessible sportswriters (before and during retirement).  

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

why would you let a guy pretty much conditioned to short relief like Soto throw 48 pitches in a meaningless game?

I blame Ausmus.  

12 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Tyler Alexander is a terrible interview.

Yes, that was a weird one.  It seemed like he tried to avoid cliches but fell back on them.  He didn't seem very engaged at times or maybe he was just nervous about it, I'm not sure.  Maybe he was trying too hard to be stonefaced with the sunflower seeds being tossed at him?  he did crack an occasional smile and joke, but the interview didn't flow well.

Maybe its just me, but it seems too often that there is a question asked with two outs that shouldn't be asked with two outs.  Like the question and/or answer is one that takes more than a pitch or two to get through and the interview could come to an abrupt halt on an unanswered question due to the third out. 

That's possible.  I don't think the kid was rude or anything like that.  Just a weird interview.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

That's possible.  I don't think the kid was rude or anything like that.  Just a weird interview.

I didn't hear it since DISH still is fighting with FSD but did it seem like nerves or a fear of a verbal misstep?