Keepleyland2

9/16 @4:10 Baltimore Orioles vs Detroit Tigers

13 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This game isn’t the usual get away day game starting time. Is this for the kids? 

Kids shouldn't be witnessing this series.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Tigers  have claimed RHP Marcos Diplan off waivers from Minnesota. He has been recalled not to report. To make room for Diplan on the 40-man roster, LHP Daniel Stumpf has been placed on the 60-day injured list with a left elbow strain. The Tigers 40-man roster remains at 40.

46 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This game isn’t the usual get away day game starting time. Is this for the kids? 

Another question is why a usual weekend series has been extended to Monday. I suppose this happens and it’s probably amazing it doesn’t happen more but I can’t really remember the last time it did. 

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Another question is why a usual weekend series has been extended to Monday. I suppose this happens and it’s probably amazing it doesn’t happen more but I can’t really remember the last time it did. 

Scheduling is pretty tricky nowadays.  There has to be at least one interleague series at any given time.  There are limits on the number of consecutive games on the road.  You play some nondivisional opponents 3 at home and 4 on the road and others 4 at home and 3 on the road.  The odd 2 home and 2 road series against one non traditional interleague opponent.  I imagine its kind of difficult to streamline some things (such as rolling through Oakland, Los Angeles, and Seattle on trip) like they used to be able to do when there were 4 divisions of 6 or 7 teams each and no interleague to worry about.

Here's another oddity.  There were only 14 games scheduled last Friday night.  Boston and Philadelphia were scheduled off.

Don't they do 7 games with the AL East?  

This is the kind of game that during the good old days would have been ripe to go to... could leave work early without burning any time and still get home early enough for some fun.   

But now it's just so blah down there.  The atmosphere is so dead.  Chris Ilitch should walk around a bit to see what it's like and tell us that things are great.

3 minutes ago, Oblong said:

This is the kind of game that during the good old days would have been ripe to go to... could leave work early without burning any time and still get home early enough for some fun.   

But now it's just so blah down there.  The atmosphere is so dead.  Chris Ilitch should walk around a bit to see what it's like and tell us that things are great.

image.png.98dde44a993335c7a3ed35f17193766c.png

So, here is last season's results.

ALE is BAL (6 games), BOS (6), NYY (7), TBR (6), TOR (7).

ALW is HOU (6), LAA (7), OAK (7), SEA (7), TEX (7).

ALC is CHW (19), CLE (19), KCR (19), MIN (19).

14 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I’ve never been to Comerica Park and thought maybe next year would be a good chance to go. Now I really don’t have the desire to go at this point. Things have just gotten so bad I’m not that interested in going. It is a shame. 

35 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Pretty standard when you lose 115. Once they start winning, like usual, the fans will flock back. 

15 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Pretty standard when you lose 115. Once they start winning, like usual, the fans will flock back. 

obviously...

Can we get excited about Reyes yet? And give some credit to the front office for taking him in the Rule V?

2 minutes ago, cmu97 said:

Can we get excited about Reyes yet? And give some credit to the front office for taking him in the Rule V?

It doesn't seem to be allowed.   Reyes can't hit and Avila is a dolt.  ?   

8 minutes ago, jbhappy said:

hot damn diggity. Reyes triples, Mercer homers. way to open.

you can only hope to contain Jordy Mercer.

27 minutes ago, cmu97 said:

Can we get excited about Reyes yet? 

Yes, you can get excited about anyone you want. ?