Keepleyland2

9/15 San Diego Chargers at Detroit Lions

"Spot on. We do it so well. No team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like the Chargers. Loss is squarely on the offense"

From the Chargers forum. I swear I have seen that written about the Lions.

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/828239-bolts-vs-lions-ugly-analysis-week-2

This is an interesting thread on the site.  I've only read the first couple of pages, but what I find interesting is that the fans there are talking about the mistakes that the Chargers made with little credit given to the Lions for the good execution then did on those plays.

For example:

Another D breakdown. Davis (yellow) moves up and gets blocked out, while Phillips (red) gets blocked out and Johnson rumbles for a first down. I thought Davis was smart enough to either stay clean, or shed blocks, being a vet and all...guess not...

Now, I'm not trying to call out the author here because we, as Lions fans, do the same thing... and probably fans of any sports team the world over do the same thing.  We all have a tendency to blame bad plays on our guys messing up without giving credit to the other team for doing well.

Maybe Davis didn't stay clean to shed the blocker because our guys just did a better job this play?  On the flip side of this, some times we might just need to tip the cap to the opposition when the Lions get beat on a play too.  Obviously there are legit instances where the Lions obviously screwed up too, but sometimes it wasn't that the Lions didn't do their job well... just that the other team did it better.

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Rothelisberger is done for the season and Brees looks to miss significant. Watch Pittsburgh get the #1 pick and draft a QB and transition to another hall of fame QB.

That's the first thing I thought of as well although I'm not quite feeling the Tua hype. I like Herbert more.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

"Spot on. We do it so well. No team snatches defeat from the jaws of victory like the Chargers. Loss is squarely on the offense"

From the Chargers forum. I swear I have seen that written about the Lions.

Well, they're not wrong. The Chargers have been losing games like this for years, they're well known for it actually.

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/828239-bolts-vs-lions-ugly-analysis-week-2

This is an interesting thread on the site.  I've only read the first couple of pages, but what I find interesting is that the fans there are talking about the mistakes that the Chargers made with little credit given to the Lions for the good execution then did on those plays.

For example:

Now, I'm not trying to call out the author here because we, as Lions fans, do the same thing... and probably fans of any sports team the world over do the same thing.  We all have a tendency to blame bad plays on our guys messing up without giving credit to the other team for doing well.

Maybe Davis didn't stay clean to shed the blocker because our guys just did a better job this play?  On the flip side of this, some times we might just need to tip the cap to the opposition when the Lions get beat on a play too.  Obviously there are legit instances where the Lions obviously screwed up too, but sometimes it wasn't that the Lions didn't do their job well... just that the other team did it better.

This ain’t college... both teams are getting paid. 

I only got to catch the last 6 minutes but looking at the box score I see that TJ didn't have many targets while the Lions didn't give up any sacks.  

Are those two things related and he stayed back to block more this week instead of being more involved in the passing game? 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I only got to catch the last 6 minutes but looking at the box score I see that TJ didn't have many targets while the Lions didn't give up any sacks.  

Are those two things related and he stayed back to block more this week instead of being more involved in the passing game? 

That's what it looked like. They were lining up a TE on the left side to help out Crosby. 

There are reports that Minkah Fitzpatrick will be traded tomorrow.

Fitzpatrick to the Steelers for a first round pick.  With the way the Steelers have looked thus far and with Big Ben out that pick could end up being real good. 

I tell you, the Dolphins suck but they have a ton of picks coming in the next few drafts, if they don't screw it up they could turn things around relatively quickly.  

My favorite comment on this trade so far, “Great trade for neither team”

• Like 1

Do not understand from the Steelers perspective. Not the best trade for Miami either. He was the 11th overall pick and the Steelers pick will likely be top 10 so you move up a couple spots but what are the chances you get a better player than Fitzpatrick? If he wanted out, this is probably the best you can hope for.

the steelers obviously think he's going to be a star player.

if youre the steelers with a long history of success at drafting and developing talent, giving up a first rounder isnt the end of the world.

of course....if its a top 3 pick and you need to replace rothlisberger...

they must assume he's coming back next year.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the steelers obviously think he's going to be a star player.

if youre the steelers with a long history of success at drafting and developing talent, giving up a first rounder isnt the end of the world.

of course....if its a top 3 pick and you need to replace rothlisberger...

they must assume he's coming back next year.

Even if he comes back next year, he'll be 38. You have to start thinking about the future. Maybe they feel confident in Rudolph? The Steelers do develop talent but lets not forget before Roethlisberger it wasn't all that great. Who can forget Kordell Stewart?

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Even if he comes back next year, he'll be 38. You have to start thinking about the future. Maybe they feel confident in Rudolph? The Steelers do develop talent but lets not forget before Roethlisberger it wasn't all that great. Who can forget Kordell Stewart?

i preferred bubby brister.