Keepleyland2

9/15 San Diego Chargers at Detroit Lions

the chargers didnt look so hot against indy and they're really injured.

and theyre coming west to east.

come on lions!

On paper they should win this given the Chargers injuries/hold out. If they don't and end up 0-1-1 then this season is going to completely fall apart because the schedule only gets worse.

Matt Patricia has an awful lot riding on today.   No way he'd get fired after 2 games (especially with Bob Quinn in charge).   But if they lose today, the next month is brutal and 0-5-1 could be a possibility.  

As bad as the final result was last week, there were a lot of positives to take from that game. The mistakes that were made last week were mostly mental and therefore, correctable. Win this game and we can put the debacle of last week behind us.

inactive: T Taylor Decker, LB Jarrad Davis, DL Da’Shawn Hand, G Beau Benzschawel, CB Amani Oruwariye, WR Travis Fulgham, QB David Blough

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

As bad as the final result was last week, there were a lot of positives to take from that game. The mistakes that were made last week were mostly mental and therefore, correctable. Win this game and we can put the debacle of last week behind us.

Can you un-Lionize Danny Amendola though? How do you un-Lionize someone while in a Honolulu blue and silver uniform?

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Matt Patricia has an awful lot riding on today.   No way he'd get fired after 2 games (especially with Bob Quinn in charge).   But if they lose today, the next month is brutal and 0-5-1 could be a possibility.  

I am sticking to the game 8 metric. If they are anything lower than 3-4-1 after game 8, barring injuries, then I think Patrica should get fired and replaced with Bevell as the interim HC.

I simulated this game myself on Madden 18 and the Lions won. Stafford with only 3 incompletions. Unfortunately they were all interceptions.  

Run run to force 3rd and long.  Same as JBC.  It just won’t stop.  Come out so dang conservative.   Just awful coordinating on the first series.  

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

ok.  time for a new returner.

Yes please.  Agnew is bad.  

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

Run run to force 3rd and long.  Same as JBC.  It just won’t stop.  Come out so dang conservative.   Just awful coordinating on the first series.  

It always amazes me that on our opening drives, no matter if it is Lombardi, Cooter, or now apparently Bevell, we rarely open it up. Run-Run-Pass, 3 and out. No playcalling creativity whatsoever.

Really bad defense on that series.  

Maybe our OC will actually try this series. 

13 minutes ago, JAYB said:

Defense is promising. 

Nevermind.