Keepleyland2

9/13 @7:10 Baltimore Orioles vs Detroit Tigers

The whole reason for the season comes down to this series.  I hope Lloyd earns his keep by suggesting that every hitter practice their switchhitting skills in the name of “innovation” because no harm could be done in this context. 

The Tigers should have pitchers DH in this series in preparation for the World Series three or four years in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you combined the Tigers 43 wins with the O's 47, you'd still be seven games back in the win column against the Yankees.  This isn't just bad baseball, it's historically bad baseball.  Perhaps the worst collection of talent ever assembled on the field at Comerica Park.  I am in awe...

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I cannot believe the FCC is allowing this series to be broadcast.

I can’t believe the Tigers are still recognized as a major league ball team.

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

I can’t believe the Tigers are still recognized as a major league ball team.

Its just a technicality.

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

The whole reason for the season comes down to this series.  I hope Lloyd earns his keep by suggesting that every hitter practice their switchhitting skills in the name of “innovation” because no harm could be done in this context. 

The Tigers have the tougher schedule for the rest of the season. That #1 overall pick is in the bag. Book it.

Six of the Tigers' final 13 games are against AL playoff-contending Indians and Twins. Meanwhile, just three of the Orioles' final 14 games come against a team with a winning record; those would be a season-ending series against the Red Sox, who will likely be eliminated from playoff contention by the season's final weekend.

freep.com

anyone notice that on the radio-cast that the bumper music for this inning, in which Mason Williams came to bat, was "Classical Gas?"  

juat a little joke in the production booth.

6 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

anyone notice that on the radio-cast that the bumper music for this inning, in which Mason Williams came to bat, was "Classical Gas?"  

juat a little joke in the production booth.

my phone did, but I failed to make the connection.

One of the bumper tunes from the earlier innings was an Eddie Money song. Eddie Money passed today at 70 years of age. 

No hope for Candelario. He just walked, but  Brooks threw him two weak asz fastballs center cut and the took one and missed the other. Either one should have been in the seats.

19 minutes ago, 1776 said:

One of the bumper tunes from the earlier innings was an Eddie Money song. Eddie Money passed today at 70 years of age. 

28 straight years of opening Pine Knob down the tubes......they probably won't open next summer.

12 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

Let’s send out the “B” team for this series to assure that first pick in the draft.  

Oh, wait........

I guess that I shouldn't have worried.