Keepleyland2

9/12 @4:40 p.m. New York Yankees vs Detroit Tigers

1 hour ago, The Ronz said:

What does the patch/logo say on the right hand side of the Tiger's hat?

Not the New Era logo - the other side.

:alien:

These are the 9/11 hats. Is this the one you are referring to?

2019-mlb-9-11-caps-ribbons-patch.jpg

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I loved Phil Silvers in Top Cat. 

I'm not sure what you grumpfarts are talking about anymore.

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Boyd's collapse is so disheartening.  I mean even if for some reason he is dominant the first half next season I'd imagine teams would still be apprehensive about giving up anything good for him in fears of him never putting together a complete season. 

So for better or worse it looks like we are either stuck with him or are going to have to trade him for far less than we originally hoped for.  

What’s disheartening to me is that we might have gotten something quite acceptable for Boyd were we not insisting on Gleyber Torres or Keston Hiura or Kyle Tucker or Gavin Lux or something equally ridiculous in return. Don’t get me wrong, Boyd was putting up really good peripherals, the best in his career, but nothing that suggested he’s the kind of shut-down ace for a pennant contender that commands that kind of return. After all, he’s 28 and his most common pitch is the gopher ball. 

The Tigers front office is in the embarrassing position of being quite possibly the only team in Baseball that honestly doesn’t know the true value of Matthew Boyd.

46 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Boyd's collapse is so disheartening.  I mean even if for some reason he is dominant the first half next season I'd imagine teams would still be apprehensive about giving up anything good for him in fears of him never putting together a complete season. 

So for better or worse it looks like we are either stuck with him or are going to have to trade him for far less than we originally hoped for.  

We'll just have to settle for Mike Trout. Even though he's washed up and injury prone. ?

36 minutes ago, chasfh said:

How can anyone ever get tired of joke names for teams

Names aside, the Tigers are a joke.

3 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Is it really foggy in Detroit now, or is it just a ****ty transmission via the YES network?

Hi Sue! ?

Dixon with a total hack job in LF. Played a single into a triple. 

Turnbull looking a lot better tonight. Better command, better FB and slider.

If this team ever runs out of guys who can't catch that it is obsessed with giving more time on the field to prove it, and ever actually starts fielding an MLB defense, the pitching staff is going to look a lot better, which in the case of this bullpen, will still be pretty bad.

Instead of suffering through these games I spent the day watching the newest God of War video game being played on YouTube by Jacksepticeye and reliving that universal moment all boys have when your dad admits that he’s a God and tells you that you are a God too because the hippie earth mother goddess Freya and the severed talking head of a God hanging from your dad‘s belt told him he should level with you as to why you feel so different and all you can ask is “Can I fly or turn invisible?“ and your dad can barely hide his disgust.  

35701834-A6C1-4242-8A44-3337263AC542.thumb.png.7c74ea21a5a82f25ccf03983bfba9706.png