142017 Urban Meyer   12/1  
142016 Jay Gruden   14/1  
142015 Doug Marrone   16/1  
142012 Mike LaFleur   16/1  
142022 Marvin Lewis   18/1  
142019 Pat Shurmur   18/1  
142018 Doug Pederson   20/1  
142013 Bill Cowher   25/1

I don't see Harbaugh going to Carolina, if he leaves for the NFL my guess is it will be to Dallas if/when Jerry finally cans Garrett.   Harbaugh seems like he'd be the type of hire Jerry would go after.  

6 hours ago, FRM710 said:

He beat MSU?  i wasn't aware they had played.

3-2 against Michigan State for Jim...............one was the year they went 3-9 and another was this year's awful team.  Big Whoop. 

Howard has won games he wasn't supposed to win......Harbaugh hasn't done that in 5 years.     You have to win those games once in a while.  Certainly more than 0 times in 5 years. 

19 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't see Harbaugh going to Carolina, if he leaves for the NFL my guess is it will be to Dallas if/when Jerry finally cans Garrett.   Harbaugh seems like he'd be the type of hire Jerry would go after.  

I can see that.  And although Harbaugh will get serious money wherever he goes, Jerry Jones might offer him a really big Texas-sized payday.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'm a little surprised the odds market looks at Jim as that attractive a candidate for a NHL team.

He's probably nicer than Mike Babcock, even if he is as weird and fashion-challenged as Don Cherry.

50 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'm a little surprised the odds market looks at Jim as that attractive a candidate for a NHL team.

Why?  He could not win anything in the NHL just as easily as he hasn't won anything at Michigan.

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. 

Michigan fans need to realize the football team is not elite. It has NEVER been elite it has always been good and occasionally better than good that is reality for UM fans.  Split championship in 97 and the late 40's prior to that iirc.  

He comes to UM when the rival IS one of the elite teams in all of CFB and has been for ten years now.  We will see if Day can keep it going Urban style or if it slows down as Urban's players leave.

Harbaugh has a chance for his 4th 10 win season in five years but yeah, lets fire him. 

On 12/4/2019 at 8:09 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

3-2 against Michigan State for Jim...............one was the year they went 3-9 and another was this year's awful team.  Big Whoop. 

Howard has won games he wasn't supposed to win......Harbaugh hasn't done that in 5 years.     You have to win those games once in a while.  Certainly more than 0 times in 5 years. 

It was tongue in cheek, lighten up.

On 12/8/2019 at 6:13 PM, FRM710 said:

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. 

Michigan fans need to realize the football team is not elite. It has NEVER been elite it has always been good and occasionally better than good that is reality for UM fans.  Split championship in 97 and the late 40's prior to that iirc.  

He comes to UM when the rival IS one of the elite teams in all of CFB and has been for ten years now.  We will see if Day can keep it going Urban style or if it slows down as Urban's players leave.

Harbaugh has a chance for his 4th 10 win season in five years but yeah, lets fire him. 

Yeah this

With this whole Dr. Anderson scandal,  I think I'm done with Michigan.   No more gear.  Not going to watch anymore.   In fact, I am kind of done with the Perv Ten.   It's just disgusting and heartbreaking.    Glad we live in a wild west of media where 3 TV stations and 2 newspapers aren't the only thing around and can be totally controlled.  It's exposing a lot of these horrible people and their greedy enablers.   

25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

With this whole Dr. Anderson scandal,  I think I'm done with Michigan.   No more gear.  Not going to watch anymore.   In fact, I am kind of done with the Perv Ten.   It's just disgusting and heartbreaking.    Glad we live in a wild west of media where 3 TV stations and 2 newspapers aren't the only thing around and can be totally controlled.  It's exposing a lot of these horrible people and their greedy enablers.   

OTOH, you were a happy fan while all this stuff was going on but you didn't know it, and now that it's getting cleaned up, you don't want to be interested?

Now, I'm just busting your chops here, but there is an element of truth that we all have a tendency to hold the wrong people responsible for many of the things that we don't like or even have injured us. 

Now if you want to make the argument that youth athletic programs in general can not be run without attracting abusive adults and thus all should shut down and society re-examine it's entire approach to youth athletic competition, that is an extreme position but it is a logically consistent one. 

TBH, I'm more than half-way there wrt college revenue sports, which I believe are on the whole have become counter-productive to the overall objectives of universities, but my objections there revolve around the money sloshing around and the lying it breeds. The sexual abuse issues are a much broader problem - running across both revenue and non-revenue athletics.

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

OTOH, you were a happy fan while all this stuff was going on but you didn't know it, and now that it's getting cleaned up, you don't want to be interested?

Now, I'm just busting your chops here, but there is an element of truth that we all have a tendency to hold the wrong people responsible for many of the things that we don't like or even have injured us. 

Now if you want to make the argument that youth athletic programs in general can not be run without attracting abusive adults and thus all should shut down and society re-examine it's entire approach to youth athletic competition, that is an extreme position but it is a logically consistent one. 

TBH, I'm more than half-way there wrt college revenue sports, which I believe are on the whole have become counter-productive to the overall objectives of universities, but my objections there revolve around the money sloshing around and the lying it breeds. The sexual abuse issues are a much broader problem - running across both revenue and non-revenue athletics.

It's not that it happened a long time ago, it's that it was covered up and that's institutional and I can't get behind that.   4 of the biggest schools in one conference now.   Does this happen at every school?    I don't know, but I can't get behind it.   Don't want to hurt the brand so they let this go.   This is pure greed.   

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It's not that it happened a long time ago, it's that it was covered up and that's institutional and I can't get behind that.   4 of the biggest schools in one conference now.   Does this happen at every school?    I don't know, but I can't get behind it.   Don't want to hurt the brand so they let this go.   This is pure greed.   

That is part of it but it has to be more complex than that because the institutional responses were just as bad in non-revenue athletics. I don't get it either but I guess there were also parts disbelief, part the aura that surrounds and protects MDs in general, and part of it is the eternal problem people have understanding how compartmentalized the human psyche can be. We all want to believe people who do bad things wear their horns, hooves and tails in the open where we can see them instead of being people who also go home from work, take care of their kids and are upstanding members of the community.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:43 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

This is the most MCS post ever.  A complete overreaction to something he sees in the news one day.  Never change buddy.

I was all in on Harbaugh when they hired him. I completely believe in his ability to coach, to make these young men better players & better people.  I love the enthusiasm with which he embraces life & this program - but if he can't beat OSU pretty soon they need to get someone in here who can.  I am so sick of Buckeye fans spouting off.  I don't think I can take much more .. I don't think I was EVER that obnoxious when UM was winning .. 

7 minutes ago, djhutch said:

but if he can't beat OSU pretty soon they need to get someone in here who can. 

Don't hold your breath. I don't think he is going anywhere any time soon.

18 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Don't hold your breath. I don't think he is going anywhere any time soon.

I think you're right. I don't buy any of the "Harbaugh to the NFL" rumors that sprout up every year. That speaks more to lazy journalism than inside information .. I am just done with losing to them.  

If he keeps recruiting like this, he'll be gone in 2 years.

49 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Yep.  The one edge Harbaugh had or atleast I thought he had when we got him would be recruiting but he's no longer that "hot NFL coach that took a team to the Super Bowl and coached Andrew Luck",  he's old news now.  2021 recruits were in grade school when the 49ers went to the Super Bowl under him, Luck was the number 1 pick and he was arguably the most sought after NFL or College coach in all of football.   With each passing year he keeps becoming less and less important in the eyes of potential recruits.     

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

I think it depends almost wholly on the fans. As long as they keep buying tickets to 7-5, I don't see the admin firing him over the quality of the team's play. If attendance falls off then the pressure will build, but I doubt it will at least until then. Neither Schlissel nor the majority on the regents strike me as particularly focused on football. I think there will have to be a "problem" (read "looming athletic dept deficit") before they focus their attention on football to the level of telling the AD to replace the coach. The one caveat to that would be if Manuel become frustrated enough to decide *he* wants a new coach. I'd take the move coming from the AD as more likely than from the Admin.

I don't know if they will fire him but his contract is up after 2021, if they ask him to take a pay cut after that season may be he resigns?  IDK but either way unless he is recruiting at an elite level I don't see much use for him.   I question his in game strategy and it's not like he has coached up many players.   I mean how many recruits stock has he really helped since he been here?  There have been some O lineman and Gary and Peppers but the latter were top 5 overall recruits so you should expect them to go in the top half of the 1st round.    I guess Devin Bush turned into a top 15 pick but other than him it's not like he is churning out top picks.   

I've always been a Harbaugh supporter but that was because I thought he could recruit better than any coach we are likely to get, it's looking like his recruiting touch is getting worse and should only get worse as the years go by so if he can't recruit well or develop QBs(another thing I hoped) then we need to cut bait ASAP. 

25 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

've always been a Harbaugh supporter

I think he is kind of a nut ball, but I think a lot of the stuff people slam him for, like the team traveling, are unfair. I think he is honestly trying to find things  do for his players apart from just whatever recruiting bounce it generates (which is probably not much). For instance, a lot of undergraduates get to go abroad to study in academic programs and revenue athletes normally can't participate in any of that. I doubt people outside a modern university environment consider that. Other stuff, like his comments on nutrition or refusing to use a wireless headset  just betray a streak of foolish/gullable  closemindedness.

One the field I've been disappointed mostly by Brown's defenses, which put up great stats against weak teams and fold against ones that can execute a little, and the inexplicable failures at the QB spot. The injuries to Spieght were bad luck, but while I know he has his defenders, I still think Patterson was as poor a thrower as I have seen play at UM and Harbaugh played him for two years.