Jump to content

Motor City Sonics

Are you done with Harbaugh yet?

Recommended Posts

Current odds.

NFL Head Coaches
Panthers Head Coach Week 1 2020
 
01:00 PM 142011 Greg Roman   3/1  
142009 Jason Garrett   11/2  
142020 Robert Saleh   7/1  
142010 Dan Quinn   15/2  
142008 Jim Harbaugh   15/2  
142014 Josh McDaniels   8/1  
142023 David Shaw   9/1  
142021 Mike McCarthy   12/1  
142017 Urban Meyer   12/1  
142016 Jay Gruden   14/1  
142015 Doug Marrone   16/1  
142012 Mike LaFleur   16/1  
142022 Marvin Lewis   18/1  
142019 Pat Shurmur   18/1  
142018 Doug Pederson   20/1  
142013 Bill Cowher   25/1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see Harbaugh going to Carolina, if he leaves for the NFL my guess is it will be to Dallas if/when Jerry finally cans Garrett.   Harbaugh seems like he'd be the type of hire Jerry would go after.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FRM710 said:

He beat MSU?  i wasn't aware they had played.

3-2 against Michigan State for Jim...............one was the year they went 3-9 and another was this year's awful team.  Big Whoop. 

 

Howard has won games he wasn't supposed to win......Harbaugh hasn't done that in 5 years.     You have to win those games once in a while.  Certainly more than 0 times in 5 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't see Harbaugh going to Carolina, if he leaves for the NFL my guess is it will be to Dallas if/when Jerry finally cans Garrett.   Harbaugh seems like he'd be the type of hire Jerry would go after.  

I can see that.  And although Harbaugh will get serious money wherever he goes, Jerry Jones might offer him a really big Texas-sized payday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'm a little surprised the odds market looks at Jim as that attractive a candidate for a NHL team.

He's probably nicer than Mike Babcock, even if he is as weird and fashion-challenged as Don Cherry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I'm a little surprised the odds market looks at Jim as that attractive a candidate for a NHL team.

Why?  He could not win anything in the NHL just as easily as he hasn't won anything at Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. 

Michigan fans need to realize the football team is not elite. It has NEVER been elite it has always been good and occasionally better than good that is reality for UM fans.  Split championship in 97 and the late 40's prior to that iirc.  

He comes to UM when the rival IS one of the elite teams in all of CFB and has been for ten years now.  We will see if Day can keep it going Urban style or if it slows down as Urban's players leave.

Harbaugh has a chance for his 4th 10 win season in five years but yeah, lets fire him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 8:09 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

3-2 against Michigan State for Jim...............one was the year they went 3-9 and another was this year's awful team.  Big Whoop. 

 

Howard has won games he wasn't supposed to win......Harbaugh hasn't done that in 5 years.     You have to win those games once in a while.  Certainly more than 0 times in 5 years. 

It was tongue in cheek, lighten up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 6:13 PM, FRM710 said:

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. 

Michigan fans need to realize the football team is not elite. It has NEVER been elite it has always been good and occasionally better than good that is reality for UM fans.  Split championship in 97 and the late 40's prior to that iirc.  

He comes to UM when the rival IS one of the elite teams in all of CFB and has been for ten years now.  We will see if Day can keep it going Urban style or if it slows down as Urban's players leave.

Harbaugh has a chance for his 4th 10 win season in five years but yeah, lets fire him. 

Yeah this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this whole Dr. Anderson scandal,  I think I'm done with Michigan.   No more gear.  Not going to watch anymore.   In fact, I am kind of done with the Perv Ten.   It's just disgusting and heartbreaking.    Glad we live in a wild west of media where 3 TV stations and 2 newspapers aren't the only thing around and can be totally controlled.  It's exposing a lot of these horrible people and their greedy enablers.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

With this whole Dr. Anderson scandal,  I think I'm done with Michigan.   No more gear.  Not going to watch anymore.   In fact, I am kind of done with the Perv Ten.   It's just disgusting and heartbreaking.    Glad we live in a wild west of media where 3 TV stations and 2 newspapers aren't the only thing around and can be totally controlled.  It's exposing a lot of these horrible people and their greedy enablers.   

OTOH, you were a happy fan while all this stuff was going on but you didn't know it, and now that it's getting cleaned up, you don't want to be interested?

Now, I'm just busting your chops here, but there is an element of truth that we all have a tendency to hold the wrong people responsible for many of the things that we don't like or even have injured us. 

Now if you want to make the argument that youth athletic programs in general can not be run without attracting abusive adults and thus all should shut down and society re-examine it's entire approach to youth athletic competition, that is an extreme position but it is a logically consistent one. 

TBH, I'm more than half-way there wrt college revenue sports, which I believe are on the whole have become counter-productive to the overall objectives of universities, but my objections there revolve around the money sloshing around and the lying it breeds. The sexual abuse issues are a much broader problem - running across both revenue and non-revenue athletics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

OTOH, you were a happy fan while all this stuff was going on but you didn't know it, and now that it's getting cleaned up, you don't want to be interested?

Now, I'm just busting your chops here, but there is an element of truth that we all have a tendency to hold the wrong people responsible for many of the things that we don't like or even have injured us. 

Now if you want to make the argument that youth athletic programs in general can not be run without attracting abusive adults and thus all should shut down and society re-examine it's entire approach to youth athletic competition, that is an extreme position but it is a logically consistent one. 

TBH, I'm more than half-way there wrt college revenue sports, which I believe are on the whole have become counter-productive to the overall objectives of universities, but my objections there revolve around the money sloshing around and the lying it breeds. The sexual abuse issues are a much broader problem - running across both revenue and non-revenue athletics.

It's not that it happened a long time ago, it's that it was covered up and that's institutional and I can't get behind that.   4 of the biggest schools in one conference now.   Does this happen at every school?    I don't know, but I can't get behind it.   Don't want to hurt the brand so they let this go.   This is pure greed.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It's not that it happened a long time ago, it's that it was covered up and that's institutional and I can't get behind that.   4 of the biggest schools in one conference now.   Does this happen at every school?    I don't know, but I can't get behind it.   Don't want to hurt the brand so they let this go.   This is pure greed.   

That is part of it but it has to be more complex than that because the institutional responses were just as bad in non-revenue athletics. I don't get it either but I guess there were also parts disbelief, part the aura that surrounds and protects MDs in general, and part of it is the eternal problem people have understanding how compartmentalized the human psyche can be. We all want to believe people who do bad things wear their horns, hooves and tails in the open where we can see them instead of being people who also go home from work, take care of their kids and are upstanding members of the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 7:43 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

With this whole Dr. Anderson scandal,  I think I'm done with Michigan.   No more gear.  Not going to watch anymore.   In fact, I am kind of done with the Perv Ten.   It's just disgusting and heartbreaking.    Glad we live in a wild west of media where 3 TV stations and 2 newspapers aren't the only thing around and can be totally controlled.  It's exposing a lot of these horrible people and their greedy enablers.   

This is the most MCS post ever.  A complete overreaction to something he sees in the news one day.  Never change buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,859
    • Total Posts
      2,964,425
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...