belcherboy

The next 5 games are brutal

Prevent defenses do not work in Detroit...MAYBE they work in other cities, but honestly how many times have we had the lead and lost it?  Seems disproportionate to the rest of the league.

Gives the other team rhythm.  We had a choke hold for 3 quarters, I doubt they came up with some brilliant plan to counter our defense...we changed our defense and they just kept going.

I REALLY hate the prevent defense, it is similar to a pitcher dominating a team for 7 innings with his fast ball and deciding to break out his curve ball because it is "harder to hit" or something.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:47 PM, belcherboy said:

It's sad, but this season could be over before we are out of October. With the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Packers, and Vikings in the next 5 games, I just don't see us winning many, if any, of those games. The sad part is that we have the Giants, Raiders, and Bucs in the middle end of the season. We could lose a bunch of games, and win enough games in the middle/end  to keep us from getting a great draft pick.

I'd love to be shocked these next few weeks, but after watching the Arizona game, I suspect we will likely be out of contention pretty quickly this year. 😥

Before Halloween, again.

5 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Patrica would have called time out to ice his own kicker as the kick was going in and something SOL would have happened afterwards. Like a fluke hurricane or something.

A lightning bolt hitting the ball as it was headed right between the goalposts. Exploding and deflating the ball as it drops to the ground. The officials get together for 25 minutes discussing what to do. They decide to order Jimmy John's while they wait. Freaky Fast Delivery! They come to the decision that the Lions stink and nobody but some moronic fans care if they lose. So the FG? No good, game over. Pass me a Jimmy John's pickle!

On 9/9/2019 at 3:47 PM, belcherboy said:

It's sad, but this season could be over before we are out of October. With the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Packers, and Vikings in the next 5 games, I just don't see us winning many, if any, of those games. The sad part is that we have the Giants, Raiders, and Bucs in the middle end of the season. We could lose a bunch of games, and win enough games in the middle/end  to keep us from getting a great draft pick.

I'd love to be shocked these next few weeks, but after watching the Arizona game, I suspect we will likely be out of contention pretty quickly this year. 😥

?

Lions looked great in the Arizona game until Patrica sabotaged the defense in the 4th quarter.   Otherwise it was a Lions clinic.  

54 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

?

Lions looked great in the Arizona game until Patrica sabotaged the defense in the 4th quarter.   Otherwise it was a Lions clinic.  

The offensive line, specifically Decker, did not look great. I wouldn't say Kerryon Johnson wowed me by any means either. Other than that, they looked good the first 2.5 to 3 quarters of play for sure.

Anyway, most teams have a tough stretch on their schedule.

If you are a play-off caliber team, or fancy yourself one, well, you demonstrate it by winning games against other play-off caliber teams.

Alternately, if you can't beat any of them in September, you ain't beating them in January, so what is the point?

30 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

TL/DR version, (which T&P will 100% agree with) is win all the games.

**** yeah.   Or don’t lose them at least.  

14 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Win all the games.

Stay undefeated.

tie all the games!

On 9/10/2019 at 11:28 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Prater wouldn't have missed that FG

This aged well. 

On 9/12/2019 at 10:29 AM, Buddha said:

tie all the games!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, John_Brian_K said:

Prevent defenses do not work in Detroit...MAYBE they work in other cities, but honestly how many times have we had the lead and lost it?  Seems disproportionate to the rest of the league.

Gives the other team rhythm.  We had a choke hold for 3 quarters, I doubt they came up with some brilliant plan to counter our defense...we changed our defense and they just kept going.

I REALLY hate the prevent defense, it is similar to a pitcher dominating a team for 7 innings with his fast ball and deciding to break out his curve ball because it is "harder to hit" or something.

FTR we played zero snaps of prevent and stayed man til the end