belcherboy

The next 5 games are brutal

It's sad, but this season could be over before we are out of October. With the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Packers, and Vikings in the next 5 games, I just don't see us winning many, if any, of those games. The sad part is that we have the Giants, Raiders, and Bucs in the middle end of the season. We could lose a bunch of games, and win enough games in the middle/end  to keep us from getting a great draft pick.

I'd love to be shocked these next few weeks, but after watching the Arizona game, I suspect we will likely be out of contention pretty quickly this year. 😥

The Chargers needed OT to beat the Colts at home and let Brissett look like Andrew Luck in the process.  

The Eagles struggled against a mediocre Redskins team at home and let Keenum look like an All Pro in the process. 

The Vikings looked good as did the Packers D but I wouldn't say neither looked like they couldn't be beat.

Basically my point is yeah the Lions didn't look that good but neither did alot of teams in Week 1.  

The Chargers, like the Lions, blew a 24-9 lead late. It's not like the Lions played poorly the entire game. They had a 4th quarter meltdown. No time to panic yet. The rest of the division also plays those same teams. 

21 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Chargers needed OT to beat the Colts at home and let Brissett look like Andrew Luck in the process.  

The Eagles struggled against a mediocre Redskins team at home and let Keenum look like an All Pro in the process. 

The Vikings looked good as did the Packers D but I wouldn't say neither looked like they couldn't be beat.

Basically my point is yeah the Lions didn't look that good but neither did alot of teams in Week 1.  

On top of this, as laughable as the Lions looked to end, and as much as it (rightly) obscures the good, there were things to like from their performance.

good to see belcherboy back posting!

this is a home game and the lions desperately need to win it.  it will be SOL 101 if the lions get blown out by the chargers and then beat the eagles and chiefs.

14 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

The Chargers have a ton of injuries and Phil looks old

The Eagles struggled at first but once the switch went off they were pretty dominant

The Vikings and Lions will always play close games.   The Final score of the Orlovsky safety game was 12-10

The Lions looked fantastic until the 4th quarter when the Head Coach/D Coordinator completely changed the defense that was working the whole game and went into a modified prevent - which prevented them from winning.   And the math genius has no idea how the clock works.   

24 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Notice how the Patriots defense is better than it was a couple of years ago?  

its almost like there is something constant about the pats defense that they succeed no matter who their coordinator is....cant put my finger on it...

but yeah, lets hire one of their coordinators!  we'll be just like the pats!

in 2 years patricia will be back in new england as some sort of assistant coach.

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

its almost like there is something constant about the pats defense that they succeed no matter who their coordinator is....cant put my finger on it...

but yeah, lets hire one of their coordinators!  we'll be just like the pats!

in 2 years patricia will be back in new england as some sort of assistant coach.

I would be more comfortable with that than having him work on rockets.     

Patricia & Harbaugh can go away.     They are both so much smarter than everybody else, right - just ask them.    

I stand by what I said in the pre-season and that is this regime has until game 8 of the season to prove its worth. Beyond a series of catastrophic injuries, if this team is 3-4-1 or less by game 8 then Patrcia should be fired and Quinn on the hot seat, if not fired as well.

Those are good teams but they aren't unbeatable outside of the Chiefs who are a nightmare matchup. The Lions could easily win 2-3 of those games. I could see 2-3-1 or 3-2-1 coming out of that gauntlet.

What annoys me is New England's schedule. God am I sick of this team. Miami, Buffalo, Giants, Jets, Redskins, Jets. Are you fn kidding me? As if getting Brown giftwrapped wasn't nauseating enough, they get to play the toilet bowl of the league for the first 6 weeks. Barf

35 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Every game is brutal for Lions fans. 

I'm Lions-free since 2006. You can do it. 

I expect the Lions to beat the Chiefs handily and lose all the rest.    It’s what they do. 

See, I think they will be the Chargers and then get smoked by the Eagles, Chiefs, Vikings and keep it close against the Packers.

48 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I expect the Lions to beat the Chiefs handily and lose all the rest.    It’s what they do. 

If there's any QB who can hang in a gunfight against Mahomes, it's Stafford.

And KC has been suspect on the defensive back end.

Could end 41-40.

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I would be more comfortable with that than having him work on rockets.     

Patricia & Harbaugh can go away.     They are both so much smarter than everybody else, right - just ask them.    

honestly, if theyre not at least 8-8 this year with some improvement shown, quinn should be out.  4 years and all the spending they did this offseason should equal progress at the very least.

56 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Didn't Chicago lose to Arizona last year? Almost every team has a loss they feel they shouldn't have had. 

Sure, every team does, the Bears lost to the lowly Giants last year. But losing, in back-to-back years to rookie QB's, when our coach is a supposed defensive guru from the smartest organization in sports, that just looks really bad. It would be one thing if Patrica went and team got lit up by the Jets and then recovered to have a nice season otherwise, they didn't. They went out the next week and got lit by the 49'ers and had a trainwreck of a season, struggling to get to 6-10. Whereas Matt Nagy and the Bears did lose to the Giants but ended up a Cody Parkey double-doink field goal away from a playoff win.

21 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Prater wouldn't have missed that FG

Patrica would have called time out to ice his own kicker as the kick was going in and something SOL would have happened afterwards. Like a fluke hurricane or something.