Keepleyland2

9/8 Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals

Alright, the Lions revert to their stupid selves the moment I post here, so I'm out.

9 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Cardinals are a mess

Yep.  I hate to see the Lions win any game, but this is only the Cardinals, who are horrible.  And Kyler Murray looks stupid and even worse than the usual brand-new rookie quarterback on a terrible team.  I still have high hopes for the Lions to be embarrassingly bad against real football teams.

Hey, the Cards may be about to score after the muffed punt.  Maybe there's still hope for yet another inexcusable Lions loss. 

Defense held them to 3 and give the ball back to the offense with plenty of time to score. It probably would have been better off for Arizona to go for and not score, than to kick a field goal and kick it back to Detroit. 

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Mark Schlereth letting Arizona have it. I wish his son could have pitched. 

As well he should.  First and goal from the one, down 17 points, settling for a field goal is pathetic.  Wimping out like that is not a good look for a new coach.  Looks like trying to avoid a shutout rather than trying to win.

Great defensive stand on that 1st and goal after the muffed punt. That said, Kliff Kingsbury's playcalling there was laughable. You have David Johnson, run the ball with him three times.

13 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Yep.  I hate to see the Lions win any game, but this is only the Cardinals, who are horrible.  And Kyler Murray looks stupid and even worse than the usual brand-new rookie quarterback on a terrible team.  I still have high hopes for the Lions to be embarrassingly bad against real football teams.

Hey, the Cards may be about to score after the muffed punt.  Maybe there's still hope for yet another inexcusable Lions loss. 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Great defensive stand on that 1st and goal after the muffed punt. That said, Kliff Kingsbury's playcalling there was laughable. You have David Johnson, run the ball with him three times.

Yeah. If you don't think you can get a yard in three tries without  throwing the ball or having your quarterback run wide, that says a lot about you and your team.

2 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Yeah. If you don't think you can get a yard in three tries without  throwing the ball or having your quarterback run wide, that says a lot about you and your team.

I think most football coaches end up outthinking themselves more often than they do their opponent.

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think most football coaches end up outthinking themselves more often than they do their opponent.

Yes.  Like Pete Carroll throwing away a Super Bowl.  Two of the three goal-line attempts  by the Cardinals involved relying on a rookie quarterback in his opening game, after he had looked terrible for the first 29 minutes.  Looked like the calls of a coach trying to justify the Number One draft pick or show that he's the smartest guy on the field.  If that's what he was going for, it didn't work.

The defense is playing unreal but it’s a little hard to tell how much is due to Arizona’s putrid offense.