Keepleyland2

9/8 Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

But they could have done that on 3rd down. Why not spike it on 2nd down and give yourself time to decide if you should go for it on 3rd down? There was nothing to lose. You're not reading what I'm posting. What would the difference be between spiking on 2nd down and kneeling on 3rd down vs not spiking on 2nd down?

There was plenty to lose, he almost got picked off on the next play.  I don't care about 3rd down, my point is that they shouldn't have run a 3rd down. Are you not understand what I'm saying here? I'm saying they should have let the clock run out after he got sacked. They almost lost the game on the next play because of that poor decision to stop the clock and run a desperation play. If the Cardinals player makes that interception, I guarantee that everybody would be wondering why the **** he spiked the ball.

The Cardinals started a guy at Right Tackle who had played in two prior NFL games, according to Riger on 97.1. Add onto that, their OL was supposed to be garbage as it was. Why Patricia let up on the blitz towards the end of the game and let them march down the field is yet another puzzling decision. He should have dialed up the pressure and kept it on Murray. Between that and his poor time out and game management, Patrica is not off to a good start this season.

26 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Reminds me of the same night Steve Yzerman scored his 50th goal for the first time,   Bob Probert got all the attention for getting caught with a cocaine grinder in his underwear.   

Yeah - who carried their Deering in their Fruit of the Looms?

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

These idiots have no idea what they're doing. Calling inopportune timeouts, Amendola staying inbounds, Stafford spiking the ball instead of just letting the clock run out and then throwing it right to the defender to set up a game winning field goal.  Please, just end this season already.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

There was plenty to lose, he almost got picked off on the next play.  I don't care about 3rd down, my point is that they shouldn't have run a 3rd down. Are you not understand what I'm saying here? I'm saying they should have let the clock run out after he got sacked. They almost lost the game on the next play because of that poor decision to stop the clock and run a desperation play.

That's what you originally said. Stafford spiking the ball on 2nd down didn't prevent them from running out the clock on 3rd down. The coaches made the decision to go for it on 3rd down. Not Stafford. Stafford gave the coaching staff the opportunity to decide whether to go for it or run on the clock. The next play wasn't because Stafford spiked the ball. That was a separate decision. You are aware they can kneel the ball and run out the clock right?

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

That's what you originally said. Stafford spiking the ball on 2nd down didn't prevent them from running out the clock on 3rd down. The coaches made the decision to go for it on 3rd down. Not Stafford. Stafford gave the coaching staff the opportunity to decide whether to go for it or run on the clock. The next play wasn't because Stafford spiked the ball. That was a separate decision. You are aware they can kneel the ball and run out the clock right?

I guess I have to repeat the same thing again. I'm saying that Stafford shouldn't have let it get to 3rd down or as you say, for the coaches to make the decision. If he doesn't spike the ball on 2nd down and lets the clock run out instead of leaving it to chance on 3rd down, the game is over. Again (AGAIN), I'm saying that he should have let the clock run out after getting sacked. The next play doesn't happen if they let the clock run out. If it was the coaches who were motioning for him to spike it then they are the ones at fault. Whoever it was, it was a poor decision that almost cost them the game.

Just now, NYLion said:

I guess I have to repeat the same thing again. I'm saying that Stafford shouldn't have let it get to 3rd down or as you say, for the coaches to make the decision. If he doesn't spike the ball on 2nd down and lets the clock run out instead of leaving it to chance on 3rd down, the game is over. Again (AGAIN), I'm saying that he should have let the clock run out after getting sacked. The next play doesn't happen if they let the clock run out.

That's the stupidest thing I have heard. You are now blaming Stafford for the coaches decision to go for it on 3rd down? Are you saying the Lions were forced to run that play on 3rd down because Stafford spiked the ball on 2nd down? You're just doubling down on faulty logic. 

18 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

Like I always say - "Detroit Lions Football Game" is the greatest show in the history of television and has been for over 50 years! The unexpected plot twists, hilarity and perplexing moments are unmatched. Have your NFL Rule Book handy! I have seen nearly every episode!

SOL

:alien:

For sure, most horror film franchises run out of steam after a few sequels. The Lions just keep going with original content year after year. 

Happy to see Smith-Schuster look like the fraud he is without Antonio Brown drawing all the coverage.

8 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Yeah - who carried their Deering in their Fruit of the Looms?

Seems to me Mr. Problem, may he rest in peace, may have made some bad judgement calls in his life. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

That's the stupidest thing I have heard. You are now blaming Stafford for the coaches decision to go for it on 3rd down? Are you saying the Lions were forced to run that play on 3rd down because Stafford spiked the ball on 2nd down? You're just doubling down on faulty logic. 

This is so dumb, you keep saying **** that I never said. It's getting annoying now.

Again, I'm blaming Stafford the coaches or whoever the **** else was at fault for making the call to spike the ball. Again, I'm saying that they should have ran the clock out after the sack. They almost got picked off on the next play because of that stupidity of running another play. Why are you not understanding this? Come on, at least attempt to meet me halfway here.

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

This is so dumb, you keep saying **** that I never said. It's getting annoying now.

Again, I'm blaming Stafford the coaches or whoever the **** else was at fault for making the call to spike the ball. Again, I'm saying that they should have ran the clock out after the sack. They almost got picked off on the next play because of that stupidity of running another play. Why are you not understanding this? Come on, at least attempt to meet me halfway here.

Why are you getting so upset and annoyed?  The world is warming at an alarming pace and soon we'll all be dead.  Nothing matters.   

Just now, NYLion said:

Again, I'm blaming Stafford the coaches or whoever the **** else was at fault for making the call to spike the ball. Again, I'm saying that they should have ran the clock out after the sack. They almost got picked off on the next play because of that stupidity of running another play. Why are you not understanding this? Man

You said Stafford shouldn't have spiked the ball. Those are your words.

These idiots have no idea what they're doing. Calling inopportune timeouts, Amendola staying inbounds, Stafford spiking the ball instead of just letting the clock run out and then throwing it right to the defender to set up a game winning field goal.  Please, just end this season already.""

I call you out and the goalposts keep changing. You just want to criticize Stafford for the sake of criticizing. They could have kneeled down on 3rd down. Spiking the ball didn't force them to throw the ball downfield. That is a separate decision. It's stupid to not give them an opportunity to decide whether to go for it on 3rd. You have kept saying Stafford shouldn't have spiked it. That's ******* stupid. You can debate the callon 3rd down, but spiking it on 2nd down was the right call. 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Why are you getting so upset and annoyed?  The world is warming at an alarming pace and soon we'll all be dead.  Nothing matters.   

I would be annoyed too if I kept repeating something so dumb just because I want to criticize Stafford.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

You said Stafford shouldn't have spiked the ball. Those are your words.

These idiots have no idea what they're doing. Calling inopportune timeouts, Amendola staying inbounds, Stafford spiking the ball instead of just letting the clock run out and then throwing it right to the defender to set up a game winning field goal.  Please, just end this season already.""

I call you out and the goalposts keep changing. You just want to criticize Stafford for the sake of criticizing. They could have kneeled down on 3rd down. Spiking the ball didn't force them to throw the ball downfield. That is a separate decision. It's stupid to not give them an opportunity to decide whether to go for it on 3rd. You have kept saying Stafford shouldn't have spiked it. That's ******* stupid. You can debate the callon 3rd down, but spiking it on 2nd down was the right call. 

If they don't spike the ball on 2nd down, there is no chance to throw the ball on 3rd down. I'm saying that they should have let the clock run out after the sack instead of spiking it on 2nd down. It's the same thing I said in the beginning, how is that changing goal posts? I'm just repeating the same thing about 8 times now.  I don't care about the 3rd down call, I care about the call to spike it prior to that. This couldn't be any more clear. 

You think they should have thrown a hail mary from their own 15 with 10 seconds left and no timeouts, I think they should have let the clock run out and preserved the tie instead of risking the loss. I have not moved off that stance from the beginning.

Just now, NYLion said:

If they don't spike the ball on 2nd down, there is no chance to throw the ball on 3rd down. I'm saying that they should have let the clock run out after the sack instead of spiking it on 2nd down. It's the same thing I said in the beginning, how is that changing goal posts? I'm just repeating the same thing about 8 times now.  I don't care about the 3rd down call, I care about the call to spike it prior to that. This couldn't be any more clear. 

You think they should have thrown a hail mary from their own 15 with 10 seconds left and no timeouts, I think they should have let the clock run out and preserved the tie instead of risking the loss. I have not moved off that stance from the beginning.

You blamed Stafford for spiking on 2nd down. That's what I'm talking about and have been talking about.The problem is, you say it's about the spike and then give the reason about the 3rd down play. Spiking the ball on 2nd down didn't force them to run that play. You are aware of that? You keep blurring the two plays which are two very separate decisions. The issue is the play call on 3rd down. You do know what a kneel down is and how they work right? It is so stupid to not spike and give your team no options. Are you saying spiking on 2nd down and kneeling on 3rd would have been different than not spiking on 2nd down?

11 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would be annoyed too if I kept repeating something so dumb just because I want to criticize Stafford.

Well he'll be dead too..........

I can't believe people who watched this game are criticizing MATT STAFFORD, the guy who was throwing darts all over the field for 3 quarters when he wasn't either running for his life or getting sacked because his left tackle was getting ***** slapped by a FORTY YEAR OLD DEFENSIVE END.

Speaking of defensive ends, how much did the Lions pay for Trey Flowers?  And what did he do today against a back up tackle who has started two games in his career?  NOTHING.

People going after Stafford are as misguided as the people (ok, one person) who feels the need to defend the Lions no matter what they do, no matter how many times they **** it up, and no matter how many times they get worked.

Look, the Cardinals were the worst team in the League last year, they were starting a rookie QB, they were without half their defense (including their two best corners) and the Lions STILL COULDN'T WIN THE GAME!  

Another pathetic game from the most pathetic franchise in the history of the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You blamed Stafford for spiking on 2nd down. That's what I'm talking about and have been talking about.The problem is, you say it's about the spike and then give the reason about the 3rd down play. Spiking the ball on 2nd down didn't force them to run that play. You are aware of that? You keep blurring the two plays which are two very separate decisions. The issue is the play call on 3rd down. You do know what a kneel down is and how they work right? It is so stupid to not spike and give your team no options. Are you saying spiking on 2nd down and kneeling on 3rd would have been different than not spiking on 2nd down?

I'm blaming whoever made the call to spike it whether it was Stafford or the coaches (this isn't a Stafford witch hunt), it's about the playcall, not Stafford himself. I don't care about the 3rd down play, I wanted the clock to be run out before the 3rd down. That's all.

To clarify another thing, Stafford isn't the reason they blew this game. He played well for the most part so this isn't about Stafford criticism. It's about that particular playcall.

BTW, can someone start the 2020 draft thread so we can begin our discussion of which left tackle our new GM is going to take in the first round?

I mean, that's what the debate will be, right?  Should we take the left tackle or a new QB?  

We're Lions fans, we all know this whole "games" thing is just a prelude to the real super bowl: the draft!

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

I'm blaming whoever made the call to spike it whether it was Stafford or the coaches (this isn't a Stafford witch hunt), it's about the playcall, not Stafford himself. I don't care about the 3rd down play, I wanted the clock to be run out before the 3rd down. That's all.

What difference does it make if the Lions run out the clock on 2nd down vs 3rd down? 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What difference does it make if the Lions run out the clock on 2nd down vs 3rd down? 

About 30 fewer posts in this thread.

• Haha 3

Just now, LooseGoose said:

About 30 fewer posts in this thread.

I find Lion's logic and complaint so befuddling. I can't help myself. 

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I wanted them to run out the clock after the sack (not line up at all) because the risk outweighed the reward on running the next play.

Just now, NYLion said:

I wanted them to run out the clock after the sack (not line up at all) because the risk outweighed the reward on running the next play.

What risk would there have been if they kneeled it on 3rd down?