Jump to content

RedRamage

AB released by Raiders

Recommended Posts


Now signed by the Pats.  Not sure what to think about this entire drama known as Antonio Brown (well, I kinda do, but it doesn't matter what I think).  Not eligible to play Sunday night against the Steelers.  Wouldn't that have been a media circus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a Steelers fan since 1969 - and a die hard I might add.  The teams of the 70s were sure fun to watch.  Jack Lambert, Mel Blount, Mean Joe, Bradshaw, and Lynn Swan.  The emperor (Chuck Noll) as head coach, and a great owner in Art Rooney.  Only 3 coaches in all those years, the current one being Tomlin (the worst of the bunch IMO.)  He was the one who let Antonio become what he is today - a ****ing Diva POS.  Good riddance you self centered ahole (and Bell too).

That said, how will Belichick and Brady handle his antics?  That organization isn't known for putting up with the distractions and selfishness of players like this walking talking ****.  I hope he continues his crap and it costs the Pats the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need to pity him. There was an article that discussed some hit to the head he took during a playoff game that may be the entire reason for his personality disorder. The guy isn't normal, whether it's brain damage or not isn't something for common folks to speculate about. He needs help, either physically or psychologically.  Pity, rather than scorned. Yes, he acts like a self centered, entitled brat but that's what his teams, coaches and fans have created. A very talented player who threw that talent away by his behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the game of football.  He knows the risk going in.  He wanted the $$$$.  He got it.   **** him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not suggesting he developed them due to football or whatever.

I am suggesting his actions are irrational and as such I think it is probable he has mental issues.  That is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was he like this with the Steelers?  I really don't recall hearing that much about him off the field until this past year but I very well could be wrong about that.   If he's always been like this and the Steelers just did a good job of controlling him then Tomlin and Co. deserve a ton of credit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Was he like this with the Steelers?  I really don't recall hearing that much about him off the field until this past year but I very well could be wrong about that.   If he's always been like this and the Steelers just did a good job of controlling him then Tomlin and Co. deserve a ton of credit.  

I don't think he went full blown AB on them until they gave JuJu team mvp last season.  But he was still doing weird things, he posted a video of a locker room speech from Tomlin on Facebook, after he signed his first big deal he apparently yelled at Dick LeBeau/the defense that they couldn't touch him because he's the franchise, and I think the incident where furniture was throne from his apartment window that hit a child (seemed like he had someone take the fall for that).  Tomlin deserves a peace prize for controlling him as well as he did it seems like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, he was a major dick in the Burg.  His stupidity was directly proportional to his success.

A CMU guy.

He's really good, but really stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

I don't think he went full blown AB on them until they gave JuJu team mvp last season.  But he was still doing weird things, he posted a video of a locker room speech from Tomlin on Facebook, after he signed his first big deal he apparently yelled at Dick LeBeau/the defense that they couldn't touch him because he's the franchise, and I think the incident where furniture was throne from his apartment window that hit a child (seemed like he had someone take the fall for that).  Tomlin deserves a peace prize for controlling him as well as he did it seems like.

The Burg people are rabid.  From my reading, Tomlin isn't very popular right now, and hasn't been for some time.  Much of that comes from the way he dealt with/handled the likes of Brown, Bell, and Ben.

When those guys are the franchise a coach is just a coach.  Not sure a Jim Leyland can rip on a Barry Bonds in today's world (using a baseball equivalent analogy).  So I won't blame Tomlin.

I'm no fan of Tomlin for the record.  And the boys of the "Steel Curtain" defense of the 70s have to be hiding their black and gold jerseys in a dark corner of their closet.  What an embarrassment of a defense.  He is the "X" and "O" guy, and not a very good one IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, screwball said:

Yes, he was a major dick in the Burg.  His stupidity was directly proportional to his success.

A CMU guy.

He's really good, but really stupid.

That's what happens when a kid, at a very young age, never has to take responsibility for his actions. As long as he plays great ball, everyone looks the other way. Until one day, they can't anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

That's what happens when a kid, at a very young age, never has to take responsibility for his actions. As long as he plays great ball, everyone looks the other way. Until one day, they can't anymore.

He's probably been coddled his entire sports life. I've watched this myself, clear back to the high schools kissing kids butts because they are stud athletes.  Makes me want to puke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chippewas probably hope people think AB is back at Carnegie Mellon University.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...