Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

9/6...completion of 5/19 Oakland A's vs Detroit Tigers

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

yeah, I have never been this dis-interested in the Tigers in 52 years.  They have always been a big part of my life even in bad years, but this year I just don't care.  I keep track of stats and roster moves, but I just can't get into it.  It is a strange feeling. 

Yeah, I cannot believe how completely incapable I am of caring at all about this team.  Even the 2003 team held some charm for me.

It's not the fact that they suck it's the fact that they suck and there isn't any young talent on the team that you can really root for.  Last year I thought that guy was Candalario but that obviously isn't the case, I was starting to get excited about Jacoby cause he was showing progression but then he got hurt.    It was kinda fun keeping tabs on Boyd earlier this year just cause I started to get hope that he could fetch us something but of course that's what I get for getting my hopes up.  

The bad part is I don't really see anything different next year, atleast in the first half, maybe by the 2nd half some of the young pitchers will get called up and Fulmer may be back so we can keep an eye on his progression.   

Atleast the 03 team had guys like Inge, Pena, Bonderman, Infante and Munson to watch and hope for.  

I have read countless comments throughout the internet that Al Avila blew the opportunity to obtain quality prospects at the trade deadline for Matt Boyd.  Not as much here as on other sites ..but just reinforces my believe that many who complain about the current Tiger organization during the current ugly rebuild are basically fair weather fans who often know very little about baseball in general.

Case in point .. 99.9% (rhetorical) of the negative comments about not trading Boyd for quality prospects fail to suggest exactly who they could have traded him to and for what high-quality prospects they could have obtained.

But the REAL reason AA may not have received what could be considered a decent offer for Matt Boyd is the fact that since his rookie season in 2015, Matt Boyd has the worst career ERA in all of MLB for all pitchers with minimum 600+ total innings pitched.  Jordan Z is 2nd worst ERA among those with minimum 600 innings pitched. 

image.thumb.png.2177aab1c4b4c4473c9aa37e1314a26c.png

35 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

But the REAL reason AA may not have received what could be considered a decent offer for Matt Boyd is the fact that since his rookie season in 2015, Matt Boyd has the worst career ERA in all of MLB for all pitchers with minimum 600+ total innings pitched.  

Not even Lloyd building him into a fearsome batsman with an impressive 1.000 OPS has been able to salvage his trade value.