Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

9/6...completion of 5/19 Oakland A's vs Detroit Tigers

Kinney would later star in commercials for Lincoln and coin the catchphrase "alright alright alright"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Kinney would later star in commercials for Lincoln and coin the catchphrase "alright alright alright"

I was thinking the same thing exactly.  I'm also wondering if he and Doug Flutie had the same sperm donor.

53 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Lol

56 minutes ago, leflore said:

Game was called with Josh Harrison at bat.

hope they can find him between now and tonight.

They should be playing this game right now, not tonight. What if this game goes 24 innings?  And they have to suspend it again. And then there’s an infinite regress of consequences to the scheduling of all of major-league baseball, like a mirror inside a mirror inside a mirror. I think they should do a coin flip at the beginning of the game and one team just decides they’re going to throw the game so this doesn’t happen. 

Who's even eligible to play?

I imagine anyone that pitched already or was replaced in the order is out. Beyond that though, so much has changed. Can just anyone slip into the lineup where the player that existed there previously is now gone? I assume they have access to a 40 man roster now even though the game was originally started under a 25 man roster right???

I have many questions...

I mentioned this in a different thread but its more applicable here

Gameday currently has josh harrison leading off, I somewhat doubt that will be happening, and 4 of the guys in the lineup are either hurt or out of the organization.

10 minutes ago, JackPine said:

Gameday currently has josh harrison leading off, I somewhat doubt that will be happening, and 4 of the guys in the lineup are either hurt or out of the organization.

It's really unfair to the A's that we're going to be able to use our new players.

• Like 1

It's really subjective and can bend reality. What if the team picked up some great hitters in the long lay off between games and could just insert them at will to make a come back in the game..

Somebody posted on Twitter that at the start of this game we only had 1 more loss than Oakland, now we have 39. 

• Like 1

I wonder what the line-up rules are? 7 players or so who were in the original game must bat in the same order? I get confused rather easily. 😆

11 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

I was thinking the same thing exactly.  I'm also wondering if he and Doug Flutie had the same sperm donor.

Why, was he 5' 4"?

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Somebody posted on Twitter that at the start of this game we only had 1 more loss than Oakland, now we have 39. 

Just shows the As have been hot.     😎😎

8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

They should be playing this game right now, not tonight. What if this game goes 24 innings?  And they have to suspend it again. And then there’s an infinite regress of consequences to the scheduling of all of major-league baseball, like a mirror inside a mirror inside a mirror. I think they should do a coin flip at the beginning of the game and one team just decides they’re going to throw the game so this doesn’t happen. 

I never get what I want. So much for the “hopes and prayers” stuff. 

Looks like we won the coin toss and chose to lose and to continue the tank. It’s the best of a bad world. 

This team really sucks.  Back in the day only someone like Ed Brinkman was allowed to hit under .200 and that’s because he was an incredible fielder. This team is full of guys hitting under .200 and none of them could be accused of being Ed Brinkman. 

IMHO:  The game of baseball has taken tremendous strides backward ..but that's OK with the younger generations folks who do not much give a hoot anyway.

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This team really sucks.  Back in the day only someone like Ed Brinkman was allowed to hit under .200 and that’s because he was an incredible fielder. This team is full of guys hitting under .200 and none of them could be accused of being Ed Brinkman. 

Active players with more than 100ABs hitting under .200 - (1) Grayson Greiner

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

To say this team sucks is probably being too kind. The word that seems to stay in my mind when describing this clown show is, “pathetic.” I think it is proper to apply that term to the entire organization. It is a total effort top to bottom to consistently suck and fail. They literally take the fun out of baseball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1776 said:

To say this team sucks is probably being too kind. The word that seems to stay in my mind when describing this clown show is, “pathetic.” I think it is proper to apply that term to the entire organization. It is a total effort top to bottom to consistently suck and fail. They literally take the fun out of baseball.

yeah, I have never been this dis-interested in the Tigers in 52 years.  They have always been a big part of my life even in bad years, but this year I just don't care.  I keep track of stats and roster moves, but I just can't get into it.  It is a strange feeling. 

57 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

yeah, I have never been this dis-interested in the Tigers in 52 years.  They have always been a big part of my life even in bad years, but this year I just don't care.  I keep track of stats and roster moves, but I just can't get into it.  It is a strange feeling. 

I'm right there with you.   Losing Fox Detroit and the ability to watch the Tigers due to the Dish network dispute hasn't bothered me at all.