IdahoBert

9/01 @1.10 PM TWINS at TIGERS

Besides the no hitter JV hit the elusive 100 game score.  Only the 15th time it has ever been done in a 9 inning game.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Besides the no hitter JV hit the elusive 100 game score.  Only the 15th time it has ever been done in a 9 inning game.   

There may be other pitchers as good or better in some aspects than JV, but I don't think anyone else in this era produces a break chart like this. His FB is just ridiculous. 14 whiffs just on the FB.

image.png.5112233b57f3102691be1a621f38aa59.png

I know it's an old fashioned stat and all....but RuleV Reyes creeping up on a .300 batting average.

As per ESPN, only one other pitcher has thrown a solo no-hitter this year. This is probably another result of the rabbit ball. It's dominant FB pitchers like JV that are the best candidates to throw no-hitters but since they throw hard, they are among the pitchers most hurt by the live ball.

His xBA was only .064, so judging by the quality of contact he was only expected to give up between 1 and 2 hits.    I don't know if any no hitter was better than that.  

• Like 1

So assuming we are "competing' in 2022 what are the odds that the combination of Rogers, Perez and Cameron will be contributing more on the MLB level that one Justin "No-No" Verlander will be ?

I seem to remember Clemens having a 1 hitter that was super dominant.

Scherzer's no hitter against the Mets and his other one were both pretty dominant.

Not sure what the xBA was.

5 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

So assuming we are "competing' in 2022 what are the odds that the combination of Rogers, Perez and Cameron will be contributing more on the MLB level that one Justin "No-No" Verlander will be ?

There might be a decent chance that Rogers, Cameron, and Perez are all out of the Tigers organization by the end of 2022.  When position players can't hit and pitchers can't pitch...you know.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

If they’re still around, hug your parents tight and tell them you love them.

They are but they live 12 hours away.