IdahoBert

9/01 @1.10 PM TWINS at TIGERS

Remember how you could hear the creak of the crazy clown’s footsteps on the floor boards above you at night when you stayed at your grandma’s house and how no one else would believe you? And what he smelled like when he visited you downstairs? The scent of stale rosewater. He’s never heard of launch angle.  He just swings and whatever happens happens. You remember him now don’t you Clarice?  You remember his whispers and giggles?  Remember how he “plays the game the right way?“ Have a nice game. He’s the Minnesota Twin. 

• Like 1

Day Game Beckham got a few night games this week.  Lloyd has his swing ready to break out.

It sure would be nice to win the series. They’ve done enough losing at home. They should just tank on the road from now on.

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It sure would be nice to win the series. They’ve done enough losing at home. They should just tank on the road from now on.

Avila smells blood in the water and wants this series just as badly as we do.....

Tigers Select Bryan Garcia

By Anthony Franco | September 1, 2019 at 8:27am CDT

The Tigers announced today they’ve selected the contract of right-handed reliever Bryan Garcia. Outfielder JaCoby Jones, already known to be out for the season, was transferred to the 60-day injured list to create 40-man roster space.

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Our friend @Keepleyland2 is sort of busy today.  This is not as good as he normally does but in this case you get what you pay for. 

Sorry everybody. Its been a heck of a morning. Have a hurricane barring down, a big federal trial starting and oh yeah my grandmother died. So thanks Bert for picking me up. Will get back on it tomorrow. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Sorry everybody. Its been a heck of a morning. Have a hurricane barring down, a big federal trial starting and oh yeah my grandmother died. So thanks Bert for picking me up. Will get back on it tomorrow. 

Condolences KL2, I've lost all of my grandparents and it's rough.  Cherish the memories and focus on the good even as you grieve.  

56 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Alex.  It will be great to have you back 

Short rain delay. I was hoping to watch at least 20 or 30 minutes of this game but now none because I’m headed to an Irish pub down the street and then to see the new Tarantino movie across the street. By the time that’s all over the game will be over. Best of luck to everyone. Today’s the first day of the rest of our lives! 

9 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Short rain delay. I was hoping to watch at least 20 or 30 minutes of this game but now none because I’m headed to an Irish pub down the street and then to see the new Tarantino movie across the street. By the time that’s all over the game will be over. Best of luck to everyone. Today’s the first day of the rest of our lives! 

Sounds like good day.  Thanks for the nightmares.

Fun Tigers offensive tidbit of the day.  If the Tigers were to magically add the top 3 HRs hitters Trout, Bellinger and Alonso's totals to the Tigers they would still have fewer HRs than the Twins.  

15 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Fun Tigers offensive tidbit of the day.  If the Tigers were to magically add the top 3 HRs hitters Trout, Bellinger and Alonso's totals to the Tigers they would still have fewer HRs than the Twins.  

Leading Tiger has 14 hr's. Twins have 9 players who have hit more..

Just now, Champ79' said:

Leading Tiger has 14 hr's. Twins have 9 players who have hit more..

Trade Lloyd to the Twins!

tough AB by Reyes. Pineda with some tough close pitches.

Turnbull's fastball and sinker Velo are down about 3 mph from early in the season. Maybe why his results have deteriorated also?

Just an FYI if you go to MLB.com you can see a live look in of Verlander's start.  Let's just say there's a reason they are doing it. 

5 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

If they’re still around, hug your parents tight and tell them you love them.