Keepleyland2

8/30 @7:10 Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

No one knows the answer to your question. It is a very valid question that begs for a logical answer. None yet.

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

4F468AD7-C0C2-43E0-9EF3-598F7DFF632F.thumb.png.19e0ddf893ac63d4a1166732aae9df1c.png

Hang in there. Never bury HOPE. Gotta take that out before covering.

9 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

How did Avila get an extension?  I moved to Minnesota two years ago and have been very passive in following the tigers.  But it appears their farm system isn’t anything great, trades haven’t yielded stars  and general apathetic management makes the tigers the worst team in baseball considering record and potential.  What did Avila do to get the extension?  Are we doomed with Chris Illitch?

I’ll hang up and listen.  

How?  Ilitch offerend him one.

Why?  There is not a valid reason for that.

I just peeped at the score. Hard to find sympathy for this bunch although I do realize the players are just scraps and are glad to play. Avila is a p!ss poor excuse for a G.M.

When this game is over there’s another 30 to go. And like everything else in life, it means there’s an upside and a downside to this. 

29 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

How did Avila get an extension?  I moved to Minnesota two years ago and have been very passive in following the tigers.  But it appears their farm system isn’t anything great, trades haven’t yielded stars  and general apathetic management makes the tigers the worst team in baseball considering record and potential.  What did Avila do to get the extension?  Are we doomed with Chris Illitch?

I’ll hang up and listen.  

The way I see it. Illitch wants a cheap, terrible team that will tank. AA, being the good soldier he is, has met that goal beautifully.

As for the farm system, it is stacked, just only with pitchers. My best guess is AA has Illitch totally sold that this plan will be effective. We cant say for certain this won't work out in the long run, but I have my doubts.

Granted these are all assumptions but, if somewhat accurate, they can sorta, kinda explain why you wouldn't fire AA. Still no clue why you'd extend him though. I'd at least want to see if this pitching heavy rebuild bears some fruit before I'd give him an extension.

Just now, JackPine said:

Granted these are all assumptions but, if somewhat accurate, they can sorta, kinda explain why you wouldn't fire AA. Still no clue why you'd extend him though. I'd at least want to see if this pitching heavy rebuild bears some fruit before I'd give him an extension.

Maybe he was getting offers from other teams that wanted to benefit from his expertise at tanking and Chris couldn’t bear to lose him. 

9 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Maybe he was getting offers from other teams that wanted to benefit from his expertise at tanking and Chris couldn’t bear to lose him. 

Could be right, there's probably more GM's with experience leading teams that actually win than there are tank masters

Baby steps. They scored above their average, Reyes and W Castro continue to get on base, Rogers with an XBH and only one K, none of the pitchers that got hammered likely figure highly in their plans.

Precious little take from the wreckage of another rout, but there it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Baby steps. They scored above their average, Reyes and W Castro continue to get on base, Rogers with an XBH and only one K, none of the pitchers that got hammered likely figure highly in their plans.

Precious little take from the wreckage of another rout, but there it is.

This. Yes. 

And after a game like this  I am truly in need of some Double Dutch Bus, Something of which I would never have been aware without the guidance of @Motor City Sonics  Thanks Mark. 

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

And after a game like this  I am truly in need of some Double Dutch Bus, Something of which I would never have been aware without the guidance of @Motor City Sonics  Thanks Mark. 

Hizzah!   

• Like 1

Somehow I've managed to keep 2.4% hope that the Lions will one day field a contender. The Tigers will eventually return to contention. They always do.