Keepleyland2

8/28 @7:10 Cleveland Indians vs Detroit Tigers

Yep, 51 games under .500 and it ain’t even September yet.

The biceps thing for Cabrera sort of sucks.  There was probably a bit of a chance that his performance this season might have been due to not being fully recovered.  Now there may be a set back?  I guess if it wasn't fully healed and this explains the numbers, that probably is a good thing, I guess.  But to what extent this will continue to hamper him, well, that's probably going to suck going forward.

11 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

51ARkVw2cXL._SY445_.jpg
Clyde Hatter

Years with Detroit: 1935, 37

Tigers highlights: A 8.44 era

You may remember him from: Louisville Colonels, Dayton Aviators, a nervous breakdown in 1936

Baseball Reference Link and Stats:

Clyge.jpg

One of my favorite tigers of all time, and one of the pictures I profiled in my book "One Win Wonders". Sad, very sad story. Very talented athlete, but also very troubled.

5 hours ago, 1776 said:

Yep, 51 games under .500 and it ain’t even September yet.

Wins are an outdated statistic.   

22 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

lol! Apparently so. This newfangled stuff eludes me.

9 hours ago, Casimir said:

The biceps thing for Cabrera sort of sucks.  There was probably a bit of a chance that his performance this season might have been due to not being fully recovered.  Now there may be a set back?  I guess if it wasn't fully healed and this explains the numbers, that probably is a good thing, I guess.  But to what extent this will continue to hamper him, well, that's probably going to suck going forward.

The Tigers are going to be bad next year. Maybe a glimmer of hope by 2021. So why not say : "Hey Miggy, as long as you promise not to eat too much or drink too much (you can procreate a bit if you insist), take a nice extended paid vacation and we'll see you again in February 2021"

As long as Miggy isn't blocking anyone, is there any reason to care if he plays next year on the Tigers? The team will be incredibly ****ty either way.

5 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

the tigers certainly seem to think so.

On the bright side, when we get the #1 pick we could end up with a guy who probably can’t field a position but will be 2/3 of Dave Kingman with the bat. 

I’m going to try to endure this game as long as I can.  I’m on my son’s Xbox on MLB.tv with Dan and Jim as the audio. That may not make the game endurable but we’ll see. 

Kipnis HR. 

Also, I’m familiar with all the music on the 97.1 audio feed which may be a indication of the age of the demographic that listens to these games. 

I vowed in mid June to not go back to another Tigers game until they replace Lloyd McClendon.  Got offered free tix tonight and turned them down.

This offseason they need to make some wholesale changes with their hitting approach/coaching, from the top down for the organization.  

I wish we had a guy named Reyes who’s hit 33 homeruns like the Tribe does.