Yoda

El Camino: the Breaking Bad movie

On 10/18/2019 at 6:45 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

As Mike said to the pill-seller nerd guy in BCS, he's known criminals who were good people and  cops who were bad.  

Someone I worked with in radio was a weed dealer on the side, and he also was a very good and kind person who'd do anything for you.     His name was Chris Clemens and his perfect nickname was Clem-Bake.   Why am I saying was, he's still alive and sells weed legally in Massachusetts now, he's probably a millionaire.   

Depends on what the criminal is actually doing.  Weed...my personal moral compass says 'no big deal', could I say a heroin dealer is a "good person", even if he seems ok?  Probably not.  Heroin ruins lives....and he is contributing to it.

I was a couple years behind the BB band wagon, but when I decided to start watching someone private messaged me and asked "Let me know when you think Walt turned from a good guy to a bad guy"  for me it was the very first season episode 3 I think when he decided to make meth.

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

Depends on what the criminal is actually doing.  Weed...my personal moral compass says 'no big deal', could I say a heroin dealer is a "good person", even if he seems ok?  Probably not.  Heroin ruins lives....and he is contributing to it.

I was a couple years behind the BB band wagon, but when I decided to start watching someone private messaged me and asked "Let me know when you think Walt turned from a good guy to a bad guy"  for me it was the very first season episode 3 I think when he decided to make meth.

He decided to team with Jesse 30 minutes into in the very first episode. 

I sympathized with him at first, along with pretty much everyone else, because he was simply just trying to provide for his family, in the only way he knew how.

3 minutes ago, Yoda said:

He decided to team with Jesse 30 minutes into in the very first episode. 

I sympathized with him at first, along with pretty much everyone else, because he was simply just trying to provide for his family, in the only way he knew how.

Thanks for the correction.

My sympathy was irrelevant as to whether I thought he was a good guy or a bad guy.  I sympathized with his character the first 3 episodes or so until he got the offer from Gretchen and Elliot.  When I first watched it my sympathies extended beyond that, but after watching the entire series again that was his way out.  Just speaking to his character and not the obvious death of the show if he decides to take that offer of help.  I still had some sympathy for him, but about 5 weeks into (show time) and by the 3rd episode, he had a way out to help his family.  He was too deep at that point to get out having already killed 3 people, one in cold blood.

I think you can be a good guy and do bad things out of desperation. That's how I viewed Walt. I don't think he was turning clean people onto meth or anything like that, at least not knowingly. That's always going to be a possibility. But I think he thought was simply giving existing users a better drug, and better it come from the US than the Cartel. 

I think he killed the first two guys out of self defense. It was a product of his decision, but self defense, none the less. 

I can see your view as well. Just explaining mine. I do agree he should have just taken Elliot's offer and moved on. He even offered him a sustainable income. 

On 10/14/2019 at 11:59 AM, Motown Bombers said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a BCS type prequel series involving Todd. I feel like they could write a similar story of Todd breaking bad. 

I mean... if they can pull off a prequel 5 years earlier with Jonathan Banks looking 10 years older, they can at least pretend to pull off a prequel of Todd plus 100 lbs and 10 years five years earlier.

37 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I mean... if they can pull off a prequel 5 years earlier with Jonathan Banks looking 10 years older, they can at least pretend to pull off a prequel of Todd plus 100 lbs and 10 years five years earlier.

I don't think his weight should have anything to do with it. I know the actor who plays Todd gained weight for other roles so maybe he lost weight by now? Who's to say Todd wasn't heavier in his earlier days? I think a show about Todd would be interesting.

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't think his weight should have anything to do with it. I know the actor who plays Todd gained weight for other roles so maybe he lost weight by now? Who's to say Todd wasn't heavier in his earlier days? I think a show about Todd would be interesting.

Less weight gain, more the actor was in his early to mid 20's when the show was on and would need to play a late teen/early 20's character while he is well into his 30's.

18 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Less weight gain, more the actor was in his early to mid 20's when the show was on and would need to play a late teen/early 20's character while he is well into his 30's.

Aaron Paul is 40 and played a character that was early to mid 20's.  Jesse Plemons is only 31.

Finally got around to watching it and I liked it.   Todd's weight gain was distracting at first but I got used to it.  I never did watch the final season again to "catch up" so I haven't seen it since it originally aired but I don't remember Todd being as goofy as he was in this.  I know that he was never "all there" but he just seemed especially out there in this movie.   Like in the one flashback scene with the welder while Jesse is trying to break free you can see him in the background with the welder's mask on doing goofy things like he is 10 years old. 

With that said I did find him to be hilarious though despite him being a total psychopath.  Like how he made them unroll the rug so he could get his belt back to put on or his way of convincing Jesse not to kill him by offering to buy pizza and beer.  He had so many great one liners.  

Also I liked the one scene with Walt and Jesse.  It showed at that time Walt was still human and actually cared about Jesse talking to him about going to college and what not, he hadn't turned into the total monster that he ended up becoming.  

10 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Finally got around to watching it and I liked it.   Todd's weight gain was distracting at first but I got used to it.  I never did watch the final season again to "catch up" so I haven't seen it since it originally aired but I don't remember Todd being as goofy as he was in this.  I know that he was never "all there" but he just seemed especially out there in this movie.   Like in the one flashback scene with the welder while Jesse is trying to break free you can see him in the background with the welder's mask on doing goofy things like he is 10 years old. 

With that said I did find him to be hilarious though despite him being a total psychopath.  Like how he made them unroll the rug so he could get his belt back to put on or his way of convincing Jesse not to kill him by offering to buy pizza and beer.  He had so many great one liners.  

Also I liked the one scene with Walt and Jesse.  It showed at that time Walt was still human and actually cared about Jesse talking to him about going to college and what not, he hadn't turned into the total monster that he ended up becoming.  

I do think Walt cared for Jesse. One take I found particularly interesting is that Walt Jr. was Walt's son and Jesse was Heisenberg's son. I do believe Walt sort of had double personalities.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I do think Walt cared for Jesse. One take I found particularly interesting is that Walt Jr. was Walt's son and Jesse was Heisenberg's son. I do believe Walt sort of had double personalities.

I can buy the double personalities cause at times Walt, I think the human part of Walt always cared for Jesse hence him deciding to spare him at the end when he realized what Jack and them were doing to him but the monster part of Walt would just use Jesse as a pawn to get what he wanted and even put a hit out on Jesse's life.  

10 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Aaron Paul is 40 and played a character that was early to mid 20's.  Jesse Plemons is only 31.

Aaron still looks much younger than Plemons, IMO. 

• Like 1

Better Call Saul............future season flash forwards to "Gene" going to a college hockey game with some co-workers....University of Nebraska Omaha hosting Alaska-Anchoracge............with their young assistant trainer Kevin Driscoll, who just fulfilled his dream of being in sports medicine.  Gene looks onto the UAA bench and sees him -- it's not Kevin Driscoll, it's Jesse PInkman...........Gene has a heart attack and dies.  Series over.