Jump to content

Yoda

El Camino: the Breaking Bad movie

Recommended Posts


10 characters from Breaking Bad will be in El Camino

Jesse Pinkman

Badger Mayhew

Skinny Pete

 

we know that for sure. 

I am guessing the others will be

 

Marie Schrader

Flynn White

Skyler Lambert

Vacuum Man  

Huell Babineaux

Hank's former boss

 Brock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

10 characters from Breaking Bad will be in El Camino

Jesse Pinkman

Badger Mayhew

Skinny Pete

 

we know that for sure. 

I am guessing the others will be

 

Marie Schrader

Flynn White

Skyler Lambert

Vacuum Man  

Huell Babineaux

Hank's former boss

 Brock

Are you predicting that Mike Ehrmantraut won’t be in it or did you miss him?    Jonathan Banks has already said he’s in it but maybe he’s lying.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Are you predicting that Mike Ehrmantraut won’t be in it or did you miss him?    Jonathan Banks has already said he’s in it but maybe he’s lying.   

I am thinking about the non-flashbacks...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new trailer came out last night, more than just a teaser this time. 

So who is the guy he's talking to at the end?? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son got two free tickets to attend the showing of El Camino at Boise‘s lavish Egyptian Theatre tonight at 7 PM MT.  Aaron Paul was orchestrating a treasure hunt in Downtown Boise and my son got the two tickets that way.  Right now Aaron Paul is at the Morrison Center on the Boise State campus handing out tickets.  It’s all festival seating and there’s a lower and an upper tier so the two of us are getting there to lineup at least an hour before the doors open in hopes of being pretty close to the stage. 

D1CE92E6-99A7-4364-BEF9-DA972EAD3D1D.thumb.jpeg.a6d920deec6f232bd32068f840c8b636.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoda said:

Pretty jealous Bert. Let us know how you like it. 

He pleaded with us not to say anything about it other than if we liked it or didn’t because he said everyone needed to have the same chance we had for an untainted experience. There are several moments that are supremely satisfying, tense, and some surprises that made the audience gasp and made Aaron Paul shout out from the audience. 

My son was called up on stage at the end by Aaron Paul and he gave him a poster along with eight other people because he was one of the youngest people there. He got to shake his hand and everything and talk to him.  He held up his hand and said I’m 17 and another kid said he was 11 and Aaron Paul said “*** it both of you come up. 

No selfies. Everyone had their cell phones confiscated so no one could film anything or break the embargo on the film until it shows on Netflix Friday.  They put every cell phone in Yondr Case that was then locked and it could only be unlocked if you went into the lobby when you were leaving and the lock was deactivated. 

He called nine people up on stage. One was a guy who had taken his shirt off in the crowd to show that he had a tattoo of Heisenberg on his chest.  One was a girl who had got the word ”Pinkman” tattooed on the inside of her lip.  There were two people that came dressed in the yellow hazmat suits with gas masks.  The theater was completely packed with 700 people who one way or another found the free tickets scattered all over downtown. 

He had an entourage of people and five big black Cadillac Escalade’s were parked out in the fire lane outside the theater when we left.  I think they all helped him hide the tickets and pass them out. 

He is really personable, he likes being recognized, and he loves his hometown. He went to Centennial High out in the suburbs and everyone but one of his teachers told him he was pretty much crazy for wanting to be an actor and this one teacher told him to move to Los Angeles and do it and he did.

277B2594-EA49-4F41-8F9D-F06AB0A9559D.thumb.jpeg.fd2381f53fd8c7dd384f1719632dfa1d.jpeg

68CFB7D0-736B-4248-8E9E-5C8B71B8274F.thumb.jpeg.a50db92022447d327f698a0d56e4627b.jpeg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Can you reveal if there is an actual El Camino in the film, or is the El Camino a MacGuffin?

An actual El Camino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

I was worrying it would be metaphorical and I couldn't get sleep trying to guess at what it was a metaphor for, and how that drives the story.  And I hadn't even considered the possibility it was a simile yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

He pleaded with us not to say anything about it other than if we liked it or didn’t because he said everyone needed to have the same chance we had for an untainted experience. There are several moments that are supremely satisfying, tense, and some surprises that made the audience gasp and made Aaron Paul shout out from the audience. 

My son was called up on stage at the end by Aaron Paul and he gave him a poster along with eight other people because he was one of the youngest people there. He got to shake his hand and everything and talk to him.  He held up his hand and said I’m 17 and another kid said he was 11 and Aaron Paul said “*** it both of you come up. 

No selfies. Everyone had their cell phones confiscated so no one could film anything or break the embargo on the film until it shows on Netflix Friday.  They put every cell phone in Yondr Case that was then locked and it could only be unlocked if you went into the lobby when you were leaving and the lock was deactivated. 

He called nine people up on stage. One was a guy who had taken his shirt off in the crowd to show that he had a tattoo of Heisenberg on his chest.  One was a girl who had got the word ”Pinkman” tattooed on the inside of her lip.  There were two people that came dressed in the yellow hazmat suits with gas masks.  The theater was completely packed with 700 people who one way or another found the free tickets scattered all over downtown. 

He had an entourage of people and five big black Cadillac Escalade’s were parked out in the fire lane outside the theater when we left.  I think they all helped him hide the tickets and pass them out. 

He is really personable, he likes being recognized, and he loves his hometown. He went to Centennial High out in the suburbs and everyone but one of his teachers told him he was pretty much crazy for wanting to be an actor and this one teacher told him to move to Los Angeles and do it and he did.

277B2594-EA49-4F41-8F9D-F06AB0A9559D.thumb.jpeg.fd2381f53fd8c7dd384f1719632dfa1d.jpeg

68CFB7D0-736B-4248-8E9E-5C8B71B8274F.thumb.jpeg.a50db92022447d327f698a0d56e4627b.jpeg

That is absolutely fantastic!  What a great experience!  THAT is how you promote something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yoda said:

Is Jesse the MacGuffin?

No he’s absolutely central. It’s all about Jesse. In some respects Jesse and Aaron are the same person

The timber of Aaron Paul‘s voice became tinged with emotion when he spoke of how important Bryan Cranston was to him. He said Bryan Cranston was both a mentor and even a second father to him. He playfully referred to him as “Mr. White.“

It was touching in a way that was honest without being saccharine. Aaron Paul was 30 years old when he started working with Cranston. When you’re that far along in life an older person doesn’t usually have that kind of an effect on you so this is really pretty significant.

When you get caught up in the characters in a film or a show you really want to believe that it’s more than just an act and that there’s a real human relationship there. Apparently there is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 7:41 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Can you reveal if there is an actual El Camino in the film, or is the El Camino a MacGuffin?

Remember, the Breaking Bad finale - he drove off in an El Camino 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see this, but can't see it until the girlfriend comes over tomorrow.........gonna be awesome and I know it won't ruin Breaking Bad because Vince Gilligan is just too plugged into details to allow that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got done watching it. Not bad but I prefer Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul better. Maybe it has to do with the fact I don't find Jesse as interesting a character as Walt or Saul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the last episode of our BB rewatch...PERFECT timing.  We have been knocking out 2-3 episodes every night the past few weeks.  I am sure the movie is fine...some people hated the DEADWOOD movie, I liked it a lot for exactly what it was for me...just catching up and wrapping a bow on one of my favorite series.  There is only so much you can accomplish in an hour and a half.  I am fine with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Got done watching it. Not bad but I prefer Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul better. Maybe it has to do with the fact I don't find Jesse as interesting a character as Walt or Saul. 

First off: if you haven't seen the movie yet, you shouldn't be reading this thread now that it's out. Spoilers are going to happen. Like right now...

Jesse is the only one left. And a lot of people really liked his character so I get why they did this. I was fine with the idea of it, but I don't like that they made it mostly about Todd (bleh) and the welder guy. A movie of Jesse, Skinny Pete, and Badger trying to round up 250k would have been much more fun. 

As an aside, Jesse Plemons (Todd) is looking more like Philip Seymour Hoffman every day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

So in Yodas world after less than a day he is free to post spoilers of any kind.  That is a weird philosophy.

This thread is about the movie. It's out. Why should we have to discuss it in spoiler tags? What is your preferred wait time? 2 days? A week?

It's on Netflix, everyone will be discussing it. I think this is much different from a movie out in theaters because that usually takes a few days for most people to see it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,671
    • Total Posts
      2,975,774
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...