Yoda

El Camino: the Breaking Bad movie

The fact that they are going to shoot parts of this with wide screen cameras like a Sergio Leone western is pretty awesome.  Too bad 99.99% of us will see it on a small screen.  

He's gonna try to until he sees Kim walking out of the room with just a T shirt on..... then he goes on meth again.

Jesse is going to drive through the desert until he's just outside Phoenix, where his El Camino breaks down - desperate he gets a job as a waitress at Mel's Diner and a new sitcom is born.  

I'm kind of interested to see if Gretchen and Elliot follow through on funneling Walt's drug money to Junior. I wonder if they will be involved in the movie?

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm kind of interested to see if Gretchen and Elliot follow through on funneling Walt's drug money to Junior. I wonder if they will be involved in the movie?

I'm guessing it's a blurb we hear in the background on a news channel or something. But Badger and Skinny Pete do know where they live. Maybe they feel Jesse deserves some of that money and they rob them. 

Ultimately, Junior deserves every dime and I don't think the show will take that away from him. I'm guessing he gets it all. 

We have been rewatching BB and are about halfway through season 3.

Maybe I noticed this before or maybe I am just being too critical, but Walts decisions....I kinda get why he does the things he is doing, but it reminds me of that stupid show that was about cavemen living in modern times...how they would just do something incredibly stupid out of nowhere (at least that is what I heard about the show I never actually watched it)

A specific example is when he gets fired and Jesse shows up and they have a nice little catch up convo until Jesse asks about selling the batch he just made.  At this point Walt is trying to put the cooking behind him and move on and Jesse is trying to get the contact info so he can sell the batch he made.  Walt goes off about how it is a crappy batch and how it is HIS formula etc etc.

There were a couple scenes similar to this in the other seasons as well.

There are big turning point moments in the story that they just kind of have Walt go crazy in and it felt cheap.  Probably just watching with a more critical eye now knowing all the details of how the story ends, but it just felt like they got to a point where they were like "we need to figure out how to get Walt back into cooking.....well let us have him meet jesse and go crazy about the cook"

He is a Jekyll Hyde character I know, but there are a couple big scenes where it just does not feel like it fit. 

And I still like the episodes where they cook the best.

I went back and watched the last episode again to prepare.   So good.  It reminded me again of how much I loved these characters.    Better Call Saul is fantastic but this reminded nothing beats the original.  I think I’m going to watch Ozymandias again this weekend   

I initially didn’t give any thought to paying to see a movie in the theater that I get for free on Netflix but I may actually try to do it.   

9 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

We have been rewatching BB and are about halfway through season 3.

Maybe I noticed this before or maybe I am just being too critical, but Walts decisions....I kinda get why he does the things he is doing, but it reminds me of that stupid show that was about cavemen living in modern times...how they would just do something incredibly stupid out of nowhere (at least that is what I heard about the show I never actually watched it)

A specific example is when he gets fired and Jesse shows up and they have a nice little catch up convo until Jesse asks about selling the batch he just made.  At this point Walt is trying to put the cooking behind him and move on and Jesse is trying to get the contact info so he can sell the batch he made.  Walt goes off about how it is a crappy batch and how it is HIS formula etc etc.

There were a couple scenes similar to this in the other seasons as well.

There are big turning point moments in the story that they just kind of have Walt go crazy in and it felt cheap.  Probably just watching with a more critical eye now knowing all the details of how the story ends, but it just felt like they got to a point where they were like "we need to figure out how to get Walt back into cooking.....well let us have him meet jesse and go crazy about the cook"

He is a Jekyll Hyde character I know, but there are a couple big scenes where it just does not feel like it fit. 

And I still like the episodes where they cook the best.

He sums this up in the last episode when he talks with his wife.   Walt tells her that he started doing it for them but kept at it for himself.  He liked being really good at making meth.  It made him feel alive and something that he hadn’t felt in a long time.   

17 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

He sums this up in the last episode when he talks with his wife.   Walt tells her that he started doing it for them but kept at it for himself.  He liked being really good at making meth.  It made him feel alive and something that he hadn’t felt in a long time.   

Yup. I didn't feel the blowups were too out of character for Walt. He's a very selfish and stubborn person. 

But in season 5, he had no reason to not sell his cut of the methylamine for $5MM. You're out, no longer in danger of being caught or even killed, and you have 5 million dollars. Call it a day, Walt. 

24 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Yup. I didn't feel the blowups were too out of character for Walt. He's a very selfish and stubborn person. 

But in season 5, he had no reason to not sell his cut of the methylamine for $5MM. You're out, no longer in danger of being caught or even killed, and you have 5 million dollars. Call it a day, Walt. 

This probably stems from watching his friends, in a business he was once a part of, making big bank while he struggles along financially. It's ego, pride and the need to prove himself.

I, too, fail to see how this make his character cheap.

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

This specific scene....

Walt just got purposefully fired

He just found out Skylar banged Ted

I guess those 2 things in themselves were enough for him to go off a little because while he is SAYING he wants out, I think a part of him at that point is starting to realize he will be back, but he is denying it to himself.

He was having a nice convo with Jessie, Jessie just went through **** (because of Walt) and still he goes off about the batch even with Jessie asking him to come back.

And of course his involvement with Gray Matter is the driving force behind him doing what he is doing.  At first I think it was money for the family, but it pretty quickly turned into "This is MY empire!"

6 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It definitely stems from losing out on the love triangle AND seeing them become fantastically wealthy on what he considers his intellectual property.

It's a McGuffin.   We don't need to know the details. 

6 hours ago, Oblong said:

Junior's nailing Kim FTW

I bet she makes a mean breakfast. 

• Like 1

They released a new trailer last night during the Emmy's... it's Jesse in the car in a field listening to the initial news reports about finding "nine dead" and police interested in a suspect fleeing the scene.

I'm sure people have gone back to count?  Is Walt one of the nine or was it 9 plus walt?  

On 9/6/2019 at 3:47 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

Dude, he was in an El Camino,  you can't catch an El Camino..................Perhaps it's possible Jesse heard or saw the cops coming and managed to cut the lights and pull off the road.   Maybe he left the El Camino and escaped on foot. 

Hmmmm, a lot like that Teaser Trailer

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

So, how many were dead when people went back and watched Felina?

There were 8 gang members, so walt makes 9.