Yoda

El Camino: the Breaking Bad movie

15 hours ago, Yoda said:

So basically, Jesse was busted by Hank trying to set the White's house on fire. He then fully cooperated with Hank and confessed everything while being recorded. 

It seems to me that all they had on Pinkman was that he was trying to set the house on fire. Otherwise they could have arrested him much sooner. He then basically admitted to MUCH larger crimes, but Hank never showed the tape to anyone and the Nazi's stole it from Hank's house after they killed him. 

As it stands, I'm not sure what anyone has on Jesse. 

wow I completely forgot about any of that.  I have to rewatch.  

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

wow I completely forgot about any of that.  I have to rewatch.  

Yes, but if you remember, the only person Hank had told about Walt was Steve Gomez.  Remember that?   So it's not like they even knew that Jesse was more than a small time dealer.   Hank had to do that investigation quietly because Walt was his brother in law.    So the DEA had not seen Jesse's tape yet.   They were springing the trap for Walter out in the desert to bust him.   Then after that, they would have presented all that evidence to the DEA.        

4 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Remember in the early part of the series where Chuck watches Jimmy steal money from the cash register of his father's business? Chuck knew Jimmy was rotten very early on.

How old was Jimmy? I did a lot of dumb **** when I was young. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it the rest of my life. 

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yes, but if you remember, the only person Hank had told about Walt was Steve Gomez.  Remember that?   So it's not like they even knew that Jesse was more than a small time dealer.   Hank had to do that investigation quietly because Walt was his brother in law.    So the DEA had not seen Jesse's tape yet.   They were springing the trap for Walter out in the desert to bust him.   Then after that, they would have presented all that evidence to the DEA.        

But you make a good point that they'll probably find the tape at the Nazi compound. 

I wonder why the cops didn't stop Jesse as he escaped? There couldn't have been many roads leading to that place. 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

How old was Jimmy? I did a lot of dumb **** when I was young. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it the rest of my life. 

Anecdotal. 

Well they did write, film, and show it for a reason... it wasn't a random flashback... it was to establish that Chuck was forever suspicious of Jimmy.

3 hours ago, Yoda said:

But you make a good point that they'll probably find the tape at the Nazi compound. 

I wonder why the cops didn't stop Jesse as he escaped? There couldn't have been many roads leading to that place. 

Dude, he was in an El Camino,  you can't catch an El Camino..................Perhaps it's possible Jesse heard or saw the cops coming and managed to cut the lights and pull off the road.   Maybe he left the El Camino and escaped on foot. 

On 9/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

Remember in the early part of the series where Chuck watches Jimmy steal money from the cash register of his father's business? Chuck knew Jimmy was rotten very early on.

That's the problem with Chuck. When Jimmy was trying to do right, Chuck just assumed he was a screw up and never gave him any real help. When he got his law degree, Chuck was surprised and still held him back instead of mentoring him. It doesn't mean Jimmy wasn't headed to the dark side, but Chuck gave him plenty of reasons to go to the dark side IMO.  

He definitely made some poor choices, but it didn't help that his father was just a pushover and allowed himself to get ripped off. Chuck should have helped Jimmy, but instead tried to hurt him on so many occasions. Chuck's jealousy (when it came to his mother) showed a lot of why Chuck hated Jimmy imo.

6 minutes ago, belcherboy said:

That's the problem with Chuck. When Jimmy was trying to do right, Chuck just assumed he was a screw up and never gave him any real help. When he got his law degree, Chuck was surprised and still held him back instead of mentoring him. It doesn't mean Jimmy wasn't headed to the dark side, but Chuck gave him plenty of reasons to go to the dark side IMO.  

He definitely made some poor choices, but it didn't help that his father was just a pushover and allowed himself to get ripped off. Chuck should have helped Jimmy, but instead tried to hurt him on so many occasions. Chuck's jealousy (when it came to his mother) showed a lot of why Chuck hated Jimmy imo.

Fair enough.

Yeah, that is where I am at.

Regarding Chuck and his mom, on some level he resented that he did everything right / by the book and she (in his mind) overlooked that in favor of Jimmy.

Maybe we'll see Jesse and Kim in a meth fueled orgy.... since it's Netflix.

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2019 at 10:41 AM, Oblong said:

Maybe we'll see Jesse and Kim in a meth fueled orgy.... since it's Netflix.

I think I've said this before, but I really like Kim. I'm nervous that she is going to die in some way, and Jimmy is either going to blame himself or it will be his fault. That is the only thing I can think of as to why we never have seen her on BB. Although, Saul doesn't get a whole lot of screen time in BB to begin with, so you don't get to see any of his personal life outside of his dealings with Jesse and Walter. 

I think Kim is the Ying to Chuck's Yang in Jimmy's life. She treats Jimmy the way I wish Chuck would have treated Jimmy (aside from the sex part).

2 minutes ago, belcherboy said:

I think I've said this before, but I really like Kim. I'm nervous that she is going to die in some way, and Jimmy is either going to blame himself or it will be his fault. That is the only thing I can think of as to why we never have seen her on BB. Although, Saul doesn't get a whole lot of screen time in BB to begin with, so you don't get to see any of his personal life outside of his dealings with Jesse and Walter. 

I like her too.... It will be interesting to see what happens to her.  Maybe she just leaves and is out of the picture.  I keep saying, these aren't normal writers, so we dont know what to expect.  At first I thought maybe something happened to her and that's what triggered Jimmy to become Saul, but that's sort of "TV obvious".  

They released another teaser trailer today but it's not showing us anything new... just Jesse flashbacks from BB.

Gotta watch again.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

I like her too.... It will be interesting to see what happens to her.  Maybe she just leaves and is out of the picture.  I keep saying, these aren't normal writers, so we dont know what to expect.  At first I thought maybe something happened to her and that's what triggered Jimmy to become Saul, but that's sort of "TV obvious".  

It may be a "tv obvious" idea, but how it happens is not tv obvious IMO. I think most thought that Walter was going to die (he had cancer, and a lot of people wanting to kill him), but the intrigue was in how he was going to die, and if he was going to keep his fortune.

I can't wait to see what happens to her. I don't want her to die, but I also don't want her to just disappear, unless they are going to do a Better Call Saul series/mini movie that comes after Walter's death, that may bring her back.

Awesome!  I cannot wait to put this on Netflix to surprise my wife.  She never has any idea about this stuff...she will be nose deep in her phone...I'll put it on and when she hears something she recognizes she will lift her head up and say "what's THIS?" and we get 2 hours of entertainment.

Kim's already drifting away from him.  I doubt it is anything dramatic that ends it.

I'll frankly be disappointed if it is unless it works really well within the story / narrative

On 9/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, John_Brian_K said:

surprise my wife. she will lift her head up and say "what's THIS?" and we get 2 hours of entertainment.

I have not found this process to be successful...

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2019 at 8:46 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Kim's already drifting away from him.  I doubt it is anything dramatic that ends it.

I'll frankly be disappointed if it is unless it works really well within the story / narrative

Ah, I don't think Kim will end up being a druggie, that's too cheap, but I could see something Saul does that winds up costing her a law license.  That would be the worst thing that could happen to her.   Remember, she's from Nebraska........we are bound to see her at some point in the present in Better Call Saul.  Probably with some crappy job or some small time ambulance chasing firm because that's all she can get.   

This story picks up right where Breaking Bad left off............I think they might need to re-film the last scene with Walt and Jesse where Jesse drives off.  Aaron Paul lost a fair amount of weight since then. 

I have seen a couple of videos where the  narrators are speculating why it's called El Camino.     IT'S WHAT HE DROVE OFF WITH !   Pretty simple.   

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

She's done a pretty good job separating Jimmy from her professional life so far.

She's been involved in a couple of his scams, and enjoyed it.   She might get bored with corporate banking law and do something risky - or might get pressured into vouching for Saul.    I just get the feeling it doesn't end well her her.   It doesn't end well for anybody in the BB/BCS universe.   

I suspect you have that feeling because that is how 98% of story arcs like this go.

I am not completely discounting it as a possibility, because that could be how it goes, but whatever is done will be / has to be consistent with her past behaviors.

My sense of it is it will be as simple as her wanting to start a relationship with someone else.  She just isn't into Jimmy.